Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Basically I chatted with some foreign chick through the Comcast live support thing, they didn't fix my issue but I could tell she didn't know how to fix it so I just said thank you for what she did and we closed the session.

About 45 minutes later the service rep went out of her way to get my home phone, called me (this is around 10:25 at night) and started questioning why I rated the service as "decent" since she "solved my problem" and I explained to her that what she was doing was inappropriate and she could get fired, then she hung up.

I then called Comcast, explained what happened and the lady said they are going to reprimand her.

Comcast is loving horrible. They better give me some faster internet or something for free.

Any similar stories?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
one time some sped in a comcast van tried tried to pull around me when there wasn't enough room and ripped the front bumper off the car i was driving that was neat. thats my comcast story

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW
we paid then billions of dollars to do stuff and they didnt do stuff.

your tax dollars at work.

Sunshine Mix
Jun 11, 2009
Comcast hosed my bitch

thank you Comcast

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/17/AR2007101702359.html

I can't find an article on this that isn't written like poo poo, but the 75 year old lady taking a hammer to a comcast center's computers always warms my cockles. Especially the part where the cops gave her back the hammer.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
cumcast

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
comcast is OK imo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
comcast is actually good! sorry angry beta nerd goon fatlings

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
one time they kept sending me mail about returning a modem that i had already returned but thats really not surprising given that i returned it in a different state and they sorted it out. you rock, comcast! :buddy:

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW
"The connection to the server has failed. The mail server imap.comcast.net is not responding. Verify you have entered the correct account info. in the Mail settings."

comcast is a poo poo company and needs to die

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Design Spots posted:

"The connection to the server has failed. The mail server imap.comcast.net is not responding. Verify you have entered the correct account info. in the Mail settings."

I'm gonna tell them I'm canceling so they charge me less and give me more channels or something.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to reset your box remotely. Chirp Chirp.

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW

Helpimscared posted:

I'm gonna tell them I'm canceling so they charge me less and give me more channels or something.

youre half right,

and yeah fios is poo poo too

wtf am i supposed to do.

self regulated broadband is illegal in america.

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW
forget about any kind of servers as well, if if even looks like a server, you get a strike,

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Design Spots posted:

sorry that you dont know how to setup your email program properly

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I tried to have phone sex with one of the telephone people and got them to say oh baby plug in the wire into my modem so theres that

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Helpimscared posted:

This is exactly what you have to do to get a monthly rate after your first year or so that isn't an insane ripoff.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Comcast provides me with a reliable and fast connection for a very reasonable price.

The OP is a racist.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

NotWearingPants posted:

Comcast provides me with a reliable and fast connection for a very reasonable price.

The OP is a racist.

Look at European Internet speeds, then their prices. Then tell me it's reasonable.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Homo for Hitler posted:

I tried to have phone sex with one of the telephone people and got them to say oh baby plug in the wire into my modem so theres that

You win at life

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My comcast gives me speeds higher than what I pay for and hasn't had any significant outages.

Truly awful

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Get on the business side. SLA is 4 hours.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Helpimscared posted:

Look at European Internet speeds, then their prices. Then tell me it's reasonable.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
i am going to email you these poop with my comcast computer, stay update

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Helpimscared posted:

p sure comcast offers a better deal at my location than any eurocommie operator

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

my roommate was the only one home when the tech came out to set up the cable under my name, she used her old comcast email account so it pulled her parents entire account into mine, and they couldn't do anything for weeks because of it. i had to spend 3 hours on the phone with these retards when i knew exactly what the problem was, getting transferred 20 times, getting disconnected 5 or so times until finally i got someone who wasnt a complete retard. bonus points because i hated my roommate and when i thought she was finally out of my life i had to spend a huge chunk of my day off dealing with her bull poo poo.

gently caress comcast, luckily google fiber is coming to the portland metro in the next few years. it's hilarious that every town that has google come in sees instant speed boosts and price cuts from comcast overnight. loving criminals

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Gazpacho posted:

p sure comcast offers a better deal at my location than any eurocommie operator

Where you live? Maybe. But your getting ripped off big time in the scheme of things.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

people hate time warner but they just upgraded me to 100mps for free so that's cool

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
we only had comcast for cable. turns out they were charging us for hd service we weren't receiving.

EllisD
Mar 14, 2004

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT!?
anyone who says comcast is ok, let alone good, can have a hundred baby scorpions dropped into their rear end in a top hat

i was sad to hear i couldnt get UVerse cable in my part of the city. ugh. when i first moved into my new place back in april apparently we could only have 3 of the 5 outlets hooked up so i told him which ones and then i had to go babysit my whiny dog because a crying basset hound poses a threat to a 225 lb. filipino and has to be separated. so he's like "i'm done" and leaves but forgets to take his drat meter reader. so the dipshit comes back while i'm trying to get the modem and wifi extenders setup. gets it and goes. i find out the dumb lard rear end hooked the master bedroom cable to the wrong side of the room right behind our bed. why would i want it behind the bed? i never pointed to the bed, i didn't even loving go near the bed. i pointed to the front wall by the patio. i call and complain and a new guy comes by the next day, $99 return service fee because they tried saying i had him hook it up in the wrong place. lol

i tell the new tech it was the last guy's fault and i specifically told him where to set it up. rear end in a top hat starts acting like i must not have made it clear. i was like seeing red, i thought my eyes were going to explode. i said shut the gently caress up i'm not arguing with you about it. he got all pissy and did a rush job. forgot his meter too, these guys are dipshits. so the fucker comes back and i just leave his meter outside the door, i wasn't letting his rear end back in.

took 2 hours of bitching on the phone to get 3/4 of the money back but they still kept like $30 for some reason.

a few nights every week (3-4 times) the entire service goes out for like a half hour between 1-2am. the guide interface looks 15 years old and is completely atrocious and the dvr is close to unmanageable.

AT&T Gigapower is supposed to be here by the end of the year. Holy gently caress we are getting that.

i also like when Google Fiber was setting up shop to threaten Comcast, the Comcast rep was like "who cares, we know we can give our customers better service and up to 500mb/s but we're not going to because we don't have to" :argh:

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

EllisD posted:

i was sad to hear i couldnt get UVerse cable in my part of the city. ugh.

I too wish I could have a lovely DSL service with inconsistent bandwidth maxing out at 6mb/sec downloads.

Comcast might be the worst ISP, but that doesn't make AT&T good.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Execu-speak
Jun 2, 2011

Welcome to the real world hippies!
gently caress off you whiny bitches, you're lucky to be able to get 6mb/s DSL2 in most of Australia and there's still a shitload of places where your only option is dial up or wireless.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Execu-speak posted:

gently caress off you whiny bitches, you're lucky to be able to get 6mb/s DSL2 in most of Australia and there's still a shitload of places where your only option is dial up or wireless.

Move out of Australia.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I'm a service tech for Comcast. Comcast gives no fucks about you. The tech in your house will only fix the problem if he can do it quickly, because he has 2 other jobs to get to in the next hour or it affects his performance numbers. If he can't fix it quick, he will give you some lame excuse about how it will come on in an hour and then cancel the job so that it doesn't affect him.

If he tells you he can't run a line for you, he means it. Unscheduled work is the bane of his existence, because Comcast won't take off his other jobs if he spends extra time on an install, which will cause him to be late to every job for the rest of the day.

If you don't want to get charged for the work, tip him. I have never charged a trouble call for anyone who tipped me, even if it was blatantly their fault.

Zeluth posted:

I'm going to reset your box remotely. Chirp Chirp.

They do this to get you off the phone, since the box takes about 15 minutes to boot back up.

Helpimscared posted:

Works.

EllisD posted:

anyone who says comcast is ok, let alone good, can have a hundred baby scorpions dropped into their rear end in a top hat

i was sad to hear i couldnt get UVerse cable in my part of the city. ugh. when i first moved into my new place back in april apparently we could only have 3 of the 5 outlets hooked up so i told him which ones and then i had to go babysit my whiny dog because a crying basset hound poses a threat to a 225 lb. filipino and has to be separated. so he's like "i'm done" and leaves but forgets to take his drat meter reader. so the dipshit comes back while i'm trying to get the modem and wifi extenders setup. gets it and goes. i find out the dumb lard rear end hooked the master bedroom cable to the wrong side of the room right behind our bed. why would i want it behind the bed? i never pointed to the bed, i didn't even loving go near the bed. i pointed to the front wall by the patio. i call and complain and a new guy comes by the next day, $99 return service fee because they tried saying i had him hook it up in the wrong place. lol

i tell the new tech it was the last guy's fault and i specifically told him where to set it up. rear end in a top hat starts acting like i must not have made it clear. i was like seeing red, i thought my eyes were going to explode. i said shut the gently caress up i'm not arguing with you about it. he got all pissy and did a rush job. forgot his meter too, these guys are dipshits. so the fucker comes back and i just leave his meter outside the door, i wasn't letting his rear end back in.

took 2 hours of bitching on the phone to get 3/4 of the money back but they still kept like $30 for some reason.

a few nights every week (3-4 times) the entire service goes out for like a half hour between 1-2am. the guide interface looks 15 years old and is completely atrocious and the dvr is close to unmanageable.

AT&T Gigapower is supposed to be here by the end of the year. Holy gently caress we are getting that.

i also like when Google Fiber was setting up shop to threaten Comcast, the Comcast rep was like "who cares, we know we can give our customers better service and up to 500mb/s but we're not going to because we don't have to" :argh:

You sound like an rear end in a top hat and if I were your tech I'd nick a cable on the way and let you figure out why your internet randomly fucks up for no reason all for the next 6 months.

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jul 10, 2014

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Spanish Manlove posted:

Move out of Australia.

move out of your moms basement

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Homo for Hitler posted:

move out of your moms basement

I have two dads

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
I live where comcast is my only choice and it took me almost 3 months to get them to give me internet. They just kept randomly turning off my service and every time i had to call 3 or 4 times to get it turned back on. They kept charging me to so i had to keep making them refund me.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
It's only a matter of time before the great and powerful Google comes to town and wipes them all out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

I've actually never had a problem with comcast.
Just about anytime I had them though, I cancelled and moved about a year later.

• Locked thread