Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Pablo Sandoval fouled one off home plate umpire Adrian Johnson's mask, and he's been forced to leave the game. Apparently Angel Hernandez is donning the gear so that he can poo poo up his second Giants-A's game in 3 days.

There's some other games going now and more to be played later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Matt Garza had a no-hitter thru 6, a shutout through 7, and now the Brewers are down 7-1

what the gently caress.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Brewers falling off a cliff lately. The all star break can't happen soon enough.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

FairGame posted:

Matt Garza had a no-hitter thru 6, a shutout through 7, and now the Brewers are down 7-1

what the gently caress.

Nine straight Cardinals bunted on him, I assume.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

coronaball posted:

Pablo Sandoval fouled one off home plate umpire Adrian Johnson's mask, and he's been forced to leave the game. Apparently Angel Hernandez is donning the gear so that he can poo poo up his second Giants-A's game in 3 days.

There's some other games going now and more to be played later.

Son of a bitch

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Son of a bitch

It was cruel to hear Ken Korach building me up with false hope that maybe Angel Hernandez -- as crew chief -- was motioning/instructing the 2nd Base Umpire to go in and get the gear on.

But no, Hernandez is improbably, maddeningly, donning The Tools Of Arrogance and has set up behind the plate for the second time in the same series.

Baseball is a cruel game.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I really love having a tall guy at first.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I love having three catchers that can hit.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Angel Hernandez is a dumb piece of poo poo.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Dutchy posted:

a worthy N/V or GDT thread subtitle if ever I read one.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

FairGame posted:

what the gently caress.

Not only that, Ryan Howard hit a double and a home run off of two different left handed pitchers.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Dutchy posted:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Phils are one out away from a 4 game sweep of the Brewers :stare:

holylemon
May 24, 2004

Dude, have you ever touched a dolphin?

Fun Shoe
Yay Josh Donaldson! Hope that ends the slump.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Leaving Hudson in to bat seems to have worked.

NewcastleBrown
Mar 15, 2004
The One and Only

thompson posted:

Leaving Hudson in to bat seems to have worked.

Yes that was a great move. Also not pulling him at all seems smart too.

holylemon
May 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
Vogt! :stoat:

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

NewcastleBrown posted:

Yes that was a great move. Also not pulling him at all seems smart too.

I don't understand what's wrong with the Giants at all.

holylemon
May 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
This Scott Kazmir guy is pretty good at throwing baseballs.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

thompson posted:

I don't understand what's wrong with the Giants at all.

It's an oversimplification to say Angel Pagan is keystone to the offense (and the defense!) and they suck without him. (This essentially happened last year, too).

But basically Angel Pagan is the keystone to the offense and the defense and they suck without him. (And this essentially happened last year, too).

Also the bullpen finally gave up the ghost this time/this year (Romo's infamous no-dot slider has been hanging non-stop for about a month now), Staking the Even Year Bullshit Magic Fairy and stuffing a clove of garlic in its mouth for good measure.

[Scoring was also homer-dependent and they've all stopped hitting home runs now instead of going through waves/shifts where Posey was hot, Sandoval was hot, Morse was hot, etc.]

And as they all press/try too hard to fix it (most obvious with Pence, who always looks like he's pressing anyway even when he isn't) it of course gets worse.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Normally I don't post from games. But I'm at the Os game and got 3rd row behind home plate tickets from a friend.

Holy gently caress. My mind is blown. Never had anything close.

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance
I like the ChiSox bullpen

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
Desmond saw the Nats haven't had an error in 2 weeks and decided that streak had to end.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Remember how hopeless it felt to watch Orioles games?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Walked posted:

Normally I don't post from games. But I'm at the Os game and got 3rd row behind home plate tickets from a friend.

Holy gently caress. My mind is blown. Never had anything close.

What are you wearing?

sorry I double posted

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Good grief Colby :suicide:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Nats' fielding is really something today.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Santiago returning the "is bad" favor to Texas. Warning track outs to Carlos Pena cool.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
:siren: The Edinson Volquez Alert Level is at: YELLOW

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
:lol: :lol: :lol:

naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Baby, looks like a dance epidemic to me
I'm seeing things I thought I'd never see
Dance epidemic tonight
Rangers are full steam ahead for #1 draft pick!

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
What the gently caress is wrong with the rangers

naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Baby, looks like a dance epidemic to me
I'm seeing things I thought I'd never see
Dance epidemic tonight

Gorman Thomas posted:

Everything

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Gorman Thomas posted:

How much time do you have

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Neil :woop:

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
Isn't Colby one of the guys that *hasn't* gotten hurt? He just sucks but would be in the rotation either way?

All the injuries have piled up but Rios and Adrus clanking easy catches has nothing to do with that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That was an...interesting throw down to second by Avila.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I don't think I've ever heard momentum discussed during a baseball game. Thanks, Santangelo!

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Good Dog posted:

Isn't Colby one of the guys that *hasn't* gotten hurt? He just sucks but would be in the rotation either way?

All the injuries have piled up but Rios and Adrus clanking easy catches has nothing to do with that.

If there was a Bizarro Rangers team where everyone wasn't dead it's really unlikely Colby would be in the rotation right now. I'd expect it to be Darvish/Holland/Perez/Harrison/Tepesch at this point in Bizarro 2014 rather than Darvish/Tepesch/Lewis/Oh Please God/Make It Stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
lmao just lmao

trout was sitting on that

• Locked thread