Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
A, D, K, U. It explains a lot for us to be 8 and gives us room to grow. For an 8 year old we are way ahead of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1. What Gender are you?
B) Female

2. You do know how old you are. You are
D) 8 years old
Nothing at all strange about us recruiting a little kid.

J) Yes, I don't care what his name is

You're breakfast was late to arrive this morning, and it seems less satisfying than you remember it being in the past.
4. What do you want to do today.
M) Investigate your food supply and preparation(Might not take a full day)

Hopefully breakfast was bad because we fed our cook goblin to a demon, and not because we're nearly out of food, but we should check.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Switching my age vote to D, 8

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Switching my age vote to D, 8 as well.

The bully and our awful situation make so much sense now.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 12, 2014

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

B
D=8
K
U

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
I'm willing to compromise that while our mortal, dolphin form husk of flesh may be a mere 8 years of age our totally Necropowered Allblack Sorcerous Overlord Soul is several hundreds of thousands of years old and possibly may have also been a dragon in a previous incarnation.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

AC A + E , Suddenly the bully hero makes sense.
K + X

Maybe the merchant has enough stuff that we can hire some mercenaries to ambush the Hero.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

1C
2D
4V

Because why wouldn't we be an eight year old dolphin demon worshipper!

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
We were born a male yes, but we've known throughout our while lives that we were actually at heart a dolphin, so that's what I've chosen as my fursona

E I am 16, I get picked on and an eternally a virgin that's why I became an evil overlord, because then maybe I can get some respect.

K

And for the last vote I want to go looking for some kobolds so V

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

1. C

2. D

3. K

4. V

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
1. C
2. E
3. J
4. N

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
BDJU

The eight year old little girl evil overlord randomly selects a name for her last goblin while exploring the tower.

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.
I like to think this whole CYOA is populated entirely by children. The hero that came by was a burly 10 year old.

A Male
D 8 years old.
K Hardcastle Jeeves, is a p good name actually.
M then U Investigate your food supply and explore the tower.

Numeron fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jul 13, 2014

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!

Muahahahahahahahahahahaahahhahaahahah!!!

Kmpfahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahah!!!!!!

Haahahah.

Ha.

heh.

Just getting in some maniacal laughter practice. It's going to come in handy.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

C F K P

I chose P, because with a Blacksmith, our Trap Expert can get hold of better quality goods in order to better ply her trade.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
We need some Kobolds as we are running super low on fodder to throw at heroes and Demons so a vote for V from me. I don't care too much about the rest at the moment.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Voting that we make our goblin butler learn our pronouns.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Nyaa posted:

1. C Dolphin .

2. H Several Thousands. Merely teenager year in Dolphin.

3. K Hardcastle Jeeves.

4. Y Tailor. This tower shall be fairy tale theme with little girl minion, mouse suit servant, and candy decorated wall like Christmas.

Love it.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

You have to ask yourself, is it more pathetic, hilarious, amazing that our protagonist is 16 going on several thousand or 8? I'd lean towards the less creepy option myself. And yes, teaching the goblin to use the correct pronouns is of paramount importance.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
1. C Dolphin .

2. H Several Thousands. Merely teenager year in Dolphin.

3. K Hardcastle Jeeves.

4. W/N lets give orders and recruit those farmers. No to any of this furry crap.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
4. M

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

BGKT

Now that we got a trap-maker for defence. we need to get more disposable minions to rebuild.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Your gender is dolphin. It therefore came as little surprise to anyone that the Powers that Be officially declared you an Evil Overlord and a menace to all mankind and their allies at only 8 years of age. You are the youngest Evil Overlord ever.

When your breakfast is finally delivered this morning you inform your last remaining servant that his name is now Hardcastle Jeeves. He seems delighted: "Very good, your Dolphinliness. So good to know my name at last. I do hope this means you won't sacrifice me to a demon like the others oh wise and powerful overlord. " A single harsh glare from you is enough to remind him of his place. He cringes and wrings his hands as he elaborates: "Unless you want to of course. I live only to serve and would be delighted to be sacrificed if that's what you want." Bowing he hastily scurries from the room as if afraid you'll sacrifice him right then and there.

Once more donning your evil overlord disguise you set out to join a Kobold Safari. Your disguise consists of:

1 black shirt
1 pair of black trousers
1 pair of black socks
1 pair of black leather boots
1 black cloak with a deep hood to conceal your features

The nearest safari departure point is a tavern a half day's walk away. When you leave your tower, you briefly consider riding there on one of the donkeys, but realize you don't know where Hardcastle Jeeves put them. They're not grazing outside. You think the safari leaves at noon and due to your late start you're going to have to run in order to make it.

You jog for as long as your short little legs will carry you. Along the way, a farmer working his fields saw you running and called out: "Wooo! Run little one, run! The wolves will getcha if you don't run fast enough. He, he, he." Exhausted and sweating you arrive at the tavern just in time. There are two families and a few assorted adults, all wearing brightly colored clothes that they imagine are well suited for a safari, boarding a pair of large stagecoaches as you run up:

The man who looks like he's in charge turns to look at you. "Crikey! Look atcha you! Look atcha you. Suuuper excited to see the kobolds? It's only 2 silver coins for a little thing like you." You pay him and realize how light your coin pouch is getting. You're down to 1 silver coin and 4 copper pennys. Unless there's some money in the merchant's haul, that's all the money you have in the world. Paying him, you climb up into the front stagecoach.

As the stagecoaches pull out the guide on your coach starts talking "We'll arrive at the inn near the Kobold preserve in 6 hours and your dinner and rooms have already been arranged. In the morning we'll all get back on the coaches and spend the morning looking at the daaangerous and deeadly Kobolds!" The guide continues to talk without stopping for the entire trip. Most of what he says is boring, irrelevant, or both. The coaches kick up a lot of dust as they horses pull them along the trails that pass for roads in the area around your Tower. A faint coating of dust covers everything in short order, but looking behind, you realize that the second coach has it even worse and is basically traveling through a cloud of dirt kicked up by the first coach.

1. Do you want to talk to anyone during the trip
A) No
B) Yes, the other passengers
C) Yes, one of the guides
D) write in
E) write in

Do you want to do anything in between now and reaching the kobold camp?
F) No
G) Yes, write in

I plan to update again in a few hours.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
C
G Yes. Recruit the guide using our awesome voice to give us the real info and what is going on behind the scenes of this circus.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

LLSix posted:

You're down to 1 silver coin and 4 copper pennys..

Is that 1.4 Silver coins in value, or 1.04?

B + G : Try to map out any areas of interest along the safari.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Sogol posted:

C
G Yes. Recruit the guide using our awesome voice to give us the real info and what is going on behind the scenes of this circus.

+1 to this

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Oh man, I'm going to be so disappointed when it turns out that the kobolds are runty dog therians.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Sogol posted:

C

I concur.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Sogol posted:

C

:bandwagon:

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

SubNat posted:

Is that 1.4 Silver coins in value, or 1.04?

1.4 silver coins.

There are 10 copper pennies to a silver coin. There are 10 silver coins to a gold crown. Silver coins are generally referred to as moons or silver moons, but I didn't want to make that confusing. Gold crowns are sometimes referred to as crowns.

Sogol posted:

C

What do you think is going on behind the scenes of the safari?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
1. C- What do Kobolds eat? What do they drink? Would you like to be alive or dead when I feed you to them to gain their loyalty

2. G- Practice our evil cackling, pointy-fingered-'just as planned'-hand-temple, and evil glaring at the fellow passengers.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sogol posted:

C

+1

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

LLSix posted:

1.4 silver coins.

There are 10 copper pennies to a silver coin. There are 10 silver coins to a gold crown. Silver coins are generally referred to as moons or silver moons, but I didn't want to make that confusing. Gold crowns are sometimes referred to as crowns.

What do you think is going on behind the scenes of the safari?

Well, it's a bunch of rubes looking at "fearsome" Kobolds. Are they even Kobolds? Do they get paid to be fearsome? Are there any actual fearsome Kobolds about? What do the fearsome Kobolds do in there off time? Etc.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Slaan posted:

1. C- What do Kobolds eat? What do they drink?

The guide seems delighted by your interest and talks at length. Great lengths about the culinary habits of kobolds. It's at least an hour before anyone can get him to talk about anything else. You now know more than you ever wanted to know about what anything eats, especially kobolds. The short version is that kobolds are omnivores, but their favorite food is white bread. As cave dwellers, kobolds obviously don't farm. So they were long a menace to farmers and bakers until the great heroes Hostess and Sam Adams effectively eliminated them. It's been more than 50 years since the last wild kobold was seen in this part of the world. Kobolds prefer to drink beer, but will settle for water or "the blood of young children" if nothing else is available. You're not sure if the guide was joking about drinking blood or not.

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
If Kobolds are so fearsome, how do these safari's work? And why do they need spiel to keep people entertained?

Also, once we have the guide buttered up, we should launch a spiel of our own. I mean, it is just our sister and us, sharing an abandoned tower with a goblin and trapping for food in the forest. We could use a little silver to get back on our feet

A_Bug_That_Thinks fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 13, 2014

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
I honestly can't view this adventure as anything other than a little kid playing pretend in their neighborhood, now.

1D: Talk to our demon tattoo, venting about the troubles of being an evil overlord.
2G: Offer the stagecoach driver a shiny copper penny to do everything in his or her power to kick up even more dust as we travel.

A Terrible Person fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 13, 2014

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

1. A. We are a aloof and mysterious porpoise.

2. G: Pick everyone's pockets.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

A Terrible Person posted:

I honestly can't view this adventure as anything other than a little kid playing pretend in their neighborhood, now.

1D: Talk to our demon tattoo, venting about the troubles of being an evil overlord.
2G: Offer the stagecoach driver a shiny copper penny to do everything in his or her power to kick up even more dust as we travel.

It's this kind of thinking that is likely to get one decimated by an Evil Overlord.

We have an actual demon tattooed on our leg. If it is all play time, that is some pretty intense play time and likely to be very offensive to Mr. Whiskers. Of course maybe it is just a scrawled ballpoint drawing. We don't really know yet. It has been hinted that our self perception may not be 100% reliable.

And... Run or the wolves will get you? Wolves? Where are these wolves? Traps we have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Sogol posted:

We have an actual demon tattooed on our leg. If it is all play time, that is some pretty intense play time and likely to be very offensive to Mr. Whiskers. Of course maybe it is just a scrawled ballpoint drawing. We don't really know yet. It has been hinted that our self perception may not be 100% reliable.

Press-on temporary tattoo. We're going to need to make a pact with mom the Demon Queen in a few days when Mr. Whiskers' lifeforce begins to visibly fade and peel. Perhaps cleaning up our tower will prove we're serious about being committed to Evil?

Seriously, though, I find having a fictional eight-year-old Overlord killing the Amphibian King while torturing him for knowledge in a fantasy world much less evil than a fictional eight-year-old pretending to be Overlord smushing a garden toad in order to "interrogate the Amphibian King."

Both are interesting and challenging, but the latter more emotionally so.

Also, I'm not putting the concept out as a legitimate theory, but just something that is going to forever be hanging out at the back of my head.

• Locked thread