Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Reddit is trying to get some meaningful monster discussion going on lately. The game is so new, until a real guide is posted people will keep asking the same questions. Com2us should regulate the monster comments though and keep the trash out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Allowing options to ignore comments would be the best step I think. If you can like it, you should be able to hide it (from your view)

I'm also hoping for more guild slots and for some of the friend benefits to be passed to guild members-namely, the ability to enter secret dungeons and alerts in guildchat on when a goon discovers a dungeon. Maybe even have an option to push those to devices, though that probably eats up enough battery already.

That way goons can help goons and have space left over to join some random pubby's priest dungeon or something.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Zotix posted:

Reddit is trying to get some meaningful monster discussion going on lately. The game is so new, until a real guide is posted people will keep asking the same questions. Com2us should regulate the monster comments though and keep the trash out.
I didn't even realize that there was a comment system. I can see why they don't brag about it. Definitely something funny going on, as I've seen multiple people with 9999 likes for 'add me' messages. :psyduck:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

This game is pretty cool. It reminds me of something I'd buy on like a DS. Just a DS, not a 3DS. :v: I'm TsuruSA in game, add me.

Also I've already seen loving wolf RPers in the chat channels. God drat.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
A big question: for secret dungeons, you are picking up pieces to summon the boss. Wonderful. But say I don't get 10 pieces in time-does it save my progress the next time that dungeon comes up or am I starting all over again? A lot of the good dungeons only come up when I'm really busy with something else

Yay!
VVVVVVVVVVVV

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 17, 2014

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

You keep them.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Zotix posted:

You keep them.
You can also see a tally of what pieces you have if you scroll to the bottom of the list in the summon circle and check under summon.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Should I replace my Garuda with a 3* Reaper? My team right now is the starting fairy, serpent, garuda and the hellhound (I was told to keep this, evolve it and learn to love it).

e: I also just got a Bounty Hunter but I don't see him on the charts.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 17, 2014

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Tsurupettan posted:

Should I replace my Garuda with a 3* Reaper? My team right now is the starting fairy, serpent, garuda and the hellhound (I was told to keep this, evolve it and learn to love it).

e: I also just got a Bounty Hunter but I don't see him on the charts.

Bounty hunter was added at the beginning of the month, after the chart was made.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Zotix posted:

Bounty hunter was added at the beginning of the month, after the chart was made.

Oh okay, thanks! I also just realized there are five spots once I started doing the Cairos dungeons, so I guess I'll use both of these and drop Garuda. Bounty Hunter has a cool buff for crits and defense.

There a good way to catch my new guys up fast?

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~
In as TheRanduin

Should farm Inugami over and over or what

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Randuin posted:

In as TheRanduin

Should farm Inugami over and over or what

Depends on which - the blue one is decent but the red one is a damned beast with chain attacks and extra turns whenever he gets a kill. The wind one is kinda poo poo.

Going back a bit - I disagree with the idea that going pure attack is worthless. I've definitely noticed the amount of damage (and healing) my Fairy does increase significantly as I stacked ATK higher and higher. I think the trick is that if you have a very attack-oriented monster, you want to focus on it but have +%hp as bonus rolls here and there so you wind up with very high attack but still decent HP. My Fairy is awakened and 4*, at max level, with around 625 ATK and 7500 HP; my runes are mostly 3* at +3, so nothing too amazing there though I've tried to focus on atk/hp on all of them. She feels like she does good damage for where I am, and is fairly resilient.

That said skillups also matter a lot, particularly ones that get reduced cooldown. I recently maxed the non-all heal skill on my water Howl and it has taken it from 'really good' to 'complete bullshit'.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Guy did 100 mystical scrolls and came away with zero 5*. Can't imagine drop rates staying the same as that video gets more popular and more of the community sees it.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
I feel like something got tweaked, though. Maybe wind just has different tables, but I've grinded the daily dungeons except for Shadow since Goons started this thread and got me hooked on it, and I've been steadily grinding the third iteration (level 15's)

I'd get tons of scrolls, singletons of low essence and the occasional mid essence. Heck, I woke the fairy with that pack, so what were my drops? (not counting scrolls, used all those)

Magic: 4 low 3 mid (magic is scroll central. gently caress that place)
Fire: 16 low 6 mid
Water: 14 low 6 mid
Wind 7 low 6 mid (II haven't gone in there many times, only drew scrolls three times, picked up two angelions)
Light 12 low 4 mid
Darkness 2 low 1 mid (no time, but I haven't drawn any light or dark monsters beyond the free light garuda)

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~

Zotix posted:

Guy did 100 mystical scrolls and came away with zero 5*. Can't imagine drop rates staying the same as that video gets more popular and more of the community sees it.

A friend who plays on the Japanese servers turned me onto this game. According to him it's around 8% for 4* and 0.4% for 5*. Seems generally accepted.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

The big elementals and the wind ghost things in Hydeni's Destruction map do bullshit damage. :smith:

e: Got another free 3-5* summon, got a 4* Fire Pierret. It's the very bottom of the 'tier list' pictures for 4*s, but... It's still 4*. My 5 man team right now is Fairy (who I can evo soon), Grim Reaper, Serpent, Bounty Hunter and 3* Hellhound. Who should I be replacing?

e2: Here's what I have right now for 3-4*s. I don't care about Garuda, it's rear end. Going to be used to evo my fairy. Dunno about the rest.

e3: And now I have a fire inferno. I'm thinknig Blue Fairy/Red Pierret/Yellow Reaper/Hellhound as a basis and then one of these three: Red Bounty Hunter (crit/def buff), Red Inferno (def debuff and guaranteed stun once awakened), Serpent (tanky as heck, -attack gauge can be nice). My fear with the red inferno or red bounty hunter is that I will have a very soft team and it will be heavy on red damage.

e4: Maybe I'd use the Warbear as my tanky unit since he'd hit ridiculously loving hard with Thrash and energy runes. gently caress this game is hard to make decisions in!

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jul 17, 2014

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Blar, the evolved, maxed elemental angelmons have been replaced by mystic scrolls attuned to a particular element in the daily deals.

I suppose that saves me some money.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Are you guys absolutely positive bosses drop off dungeon runs? I've run the same boss fight about 100 times now and yay for a sackload of runes but not a single boss drop. Do I have to run it on the harder modes?

I still have no idea what I should save to level and what I should fuse. I'm sitting on as many monsters as I can until I find out.

Philosopher King fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 17, 2014

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Philosopher King posted:

Are you guys absolutely positive bosses drop off dungeon runs? I've run the same boss fight about 100 times now and yay for a sackload of runes but not a single boss drop. Do I have to run it on the harder modes?

What boss are you fighting and what monster are you looking for? Check the drops for that region.

e: I know how you feel, I'm having such a hard time deciding what to keep and what to put in my team. So many loving choices! THat's a good thing.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
I think they drop *something* but I can't guarantee it will always be a copy of themselves. The ice zone tends to drop water howls, and the first forest drops the water inugami that's also the boss. I haven't seen any of the others drop yet.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

Tsurupettan posted:

What boss are you fighting and what monster are you looking for? Check the drops for that region.

e: I know how you feel, I'm having such a hard time deciding what to keep and what to put in my team. So many loving choices! THat's a good thing.

I tried the first 3 boss fights a few dozen times to no success. Should I just continue on and finish the story or do I need to grind out some good monsters first?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Bell_ posted:

I think they drop *something* but I can't guarantee it will always be a copy of themselves. The ice zone tends to drop water howls, and the first forest drops the water inugami that's also the boss. I haven't seen any of the others drop yet.

I got my water bear from Ragon and my wind high elemental from Kabir.

Philosopher King posted:

I tried the first 3 boss fights a few dozen times to no success. Should I just continue on and finish the story or do I need to grind out some good monsters first?

Do the story until you get stuck and then grind up your monsters or grind out a few good ones if your team is poo poo. What do you actually have right now?

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Blue Fairy, Garuda (light?), Yellow Harpy, Red Hellhound, Yellow Vagabond, Blue Howl,Blue Maned Boar, Fire Elemental, Yellow Yeti.

That is it for all my 3 and 2 stars. First 3 are 3 stars.

It is weird though because I think these 1 star guys can go all the way up to 6 stars so I have no idea what to toss.

In as BlumpkinSA but I can't open google docs to add it from where I am.

Philosopher King fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 17, 2014

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Philosopher King posted:

Blue Fairy, Garuda (light?), Harpy, Hellhound, Vagabond, Howl, Maned Boar, Fire Elemental, Yeti.

That is it for all my 3 and 2 stars. First 3 are 3 stars.

It is weird though because I think these 1 star guys can go all the way up to 6 stars so I have no idea what to toss.

In as BlumpkinSA but I can't open google docs to add it from where I am.

I just added you to the sheet.

Hellhound is regarded as pretty great early on and worth awakening (gets a nice buff) and evolving. His double attack hits crazy hard.

Howls are strong support monsters from what I'm told, though I don't have one.

Garuda is kind of sucky and I just used mine to evolve my Fairy. :v:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
This is a PSA: we can't actually help you make decisions about the team if you don't tell us the colors. Different colored versions of the same monster have different skills--so for example, the blue Inugami which drops from the first zone is mediocre, whereas the red Inugami which drops from the Volcano is complete horseshit.

EDIT: blue howl is the good one. arguably better than your tutorial fairy once evolved

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

100% certain that boss monsters drop. The first zone, can't think of the name, the water variant drops from the boss on hell.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Water Bear lies. :smith: Or I am just reading it wrong. Says Thrash deals 50% of your max hp in damage. It's more like 10%ish. I mean I expect defense to factor into reducing it but it's still way off what I'd expect just from reading Thrash.

e: That's interesting, didn'tknow you could pull stuff like this:

Not something I'd use, but hey, it's cool that you can pull things pre-awakened.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 17, 2014

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Does an awakened unit retain its awaken status if you choose to evolve it?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Philosopher King posted:

Does an awakened unit retain its awaken status if you choose to evolve it?

Yes. I awoke my Fairy and then evolved it.

e: oh man, the wind serpent from Tamor looks like an amazing tank vs fire and wind Griffon looks fantastic to replace my wind Reaper.

e2: Anyone know what 'set rep monster' does in the monster menu?

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 17, 2014

zeesik
Nov 30, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Tsurupettan posted:

Yes. I awoke my Fairy and then evolved it.

e: oh man, the wind serpent from Tamor looks like an amazing tank vs fire and wind Griffon looks fantastic to replace my wind Reaper.

e2: Anyone know what 'set rep monster' does in the monster menu?

Set rep monster allows you to select the monster your friends can see and use. Yea, I only learned that in chat as this game can be pretty vague sometimes.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Managed to awaken most of my team (blue fairy, blue warbear, red hellhound).

Adding in a red ninetails gives me:

1. Two sleeps (fairy + ninetails)
2. Great damage/crit buff (hellhound)
3. A warbear who refuses to die

Now to see if I can finally get through volcano and finish up bingo.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Volcano's a serious step up from the stage before it, but you can probably run one of the first stages on x3 autopilot 30 times.

On another note, awoken water ninetails is loving absurd. AoE cleanse nuke? gently caress you and gently caress your buffs!

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Added a link to the bottom of the OP with build guides for most monsters in the game.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jul 18, 2014

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
I am tempted to buy the water pack, besides my awakened Fairy I have like no water monsters so the last two zones are being a pain for me.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I bought the fire pack this morning. It's actually a really loving good deal. 5 chances at a 3-5*, PLUS 750 gems.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, I don't know what to buy... My current team is 4* Wind Ninja, Magical Archer, Fire Kungen (Leveling up a 4* Fire Reaper), Awakened Water Fairy. So I don't know what to buy, all my 3* summons suck I do have a Dark Epikion Priest (50 invites), Fire Wearwolf, Wind BH & Wind Mystic Witch....

MMOs & Welfare
Jan 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Sirbloody posted:

Yeah, I don't know what to buy... My current team is 4* Wind Ninja, Magical Archer, Fire Kungen (Leveling up a 4* Fire Reaper), Awakened Water Fairy. So I don't know what to buy, all my 3* summons suck I do have a Dark Epikion Priest (50 invites), Fire Wearwolf, Wind BH & Wind Mystic Witch....

Is there a way to do the invites without spamming people I actually know?

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

MMOs & Welfare posted:

Is there a way to do the invites without spamming people I actually know?

I don't think so, all my friends play candy crush (I never tried it) so they finally deserve some spam from me.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

In as "Sreegs"

Long time P&D player and recent Brave Frontier player but I think both of those might have gone off a bit in the deep end. Really enjoying this and the graphics so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Out of curiosity, is there a way to get any of the 4* units like the fox girl or ninja without using the rare summon?

• Locked thread