Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

In as CoolbearSA.

Been playing for a while and I have a pretty decent blue team, but my other mons are still kinda lacking. I have barely any red ones that are worth anything, aside from maybe a hellhound.

How sure are people that they're going to increase the pull rates of 4 and 5* guys?

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jul 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Sent a request as CoolbearSA.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Annexed posted:

I'm pretty sure this was already said up thread but I just want to make sure.

Non awakened versions can give a skill up for the awakening right?

Yes.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Does anyone know which zone would be best for farming rune stones? I've gotten three so far (two at once from the magic dungeon and one from running normal volcano for xp), but they seem so rare that I don't know where I should be if I want to get 100 for all the event rewards.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Niton posted:

Maintenance, apparently? Didn't see anything about that. Huh.

http://forum.com2us.com/forum/main-forum/summoner-s-war/announcement-ab/63787-maintanence-august-7th-maintenance-notice

quote:

Hi, it's Com2uS!

We're undergoing some maintenance to apply the friend invitation reset and invitation reward changes. The invitation records of all users will be reset, and everybody will be offered better rewards. Check below for details!

1. Maintenance
Maintenance will take place on Aug 7th, and the specific time of the maintenance. Please note that maintenance may take longer than scheduled, and we'll let you know if there will be any changes to the scheduled times.

▼ Maintenance Times (Servers)
- Global 11pm - 12:30 am PDT
(Approximately 4 hours from now)

2. Details
Friend invitation records will reset and invitation rewards will be changed.
(In order to check the changed rewards, go to Community from your village and tap Invite Friend.)

▼Changed Rewards
5 Invitations: 1,000 Mana Stones >> 10,000 Mana Stones
10 Invitations: 10 Crystals >> 50 Crystals
30 Invitations: 20 Crystals >> 100 Crystals
50 Invitations: Epikion Priest (Dark) >> Fairy (Light)

Please note that you won't be able to play the game until the maintenance is over. We recommend that you end the game before the maintenance starts in order to avoid any issues.

Thanks!

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I join 9743 whenever the pubs in chat are too terrible, but I'm pretty quiet in there. Lack of chat history is pretty poo poo.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Save your water inugami for when you eventually farm a fire inugami from volcano. Fire inugami's a loving beast and the skillups aren't too easy to come by.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

20 gems/day seems like a reasonable low-effort amount (10 from dailies, 2 from the gem generator you can buy for mana, and the other 8 from arenas and drops), before events and first-time clear bonuses.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Shwqa posted:

I'm just a newbie, but isn't sylph's whole gimmick being super fast?

My 5* awoken sylph has something like 530 base attack (compared to fire inugami's exactly 500) and has the multi-attack thing that fire inugami has (but without the passive), so I'm going fatal with it.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

RoboCicero posted:

Finally drew a natural 4*, being the lightning death knight :toot: He's ranked really high in the official list but I have to admit I don't know why. He has a pretty decent resurrection skill, but the first and second skill don't seem all that remarkable (50% chance to disturb hp recovery, and a aoe 75% attack decrease that scales with HP).

Also I tried out violent runes and it actually is a 20% base chance to take a second turn immediately after you take another turn instead of attacking again -- it might be competitive with a Swift set if you're okay with the more spiky nature of it.

HP disturb is really good in the arena where most opposing teams will have a healer (and against wind dungeon, I guess...?).

News on my end, I've managed to roll out a farmed light fairy/water imp/water imp/water imp/ hellhound team and am able to complete B6 giants on a semi-regular basis. I still die if I can't place all ten (!!) DoTs on the boss, but my mons are all 4* and only the hellhound is max skilled.

The reddit post suggests 60-70% crit rate (plus a hellhound crit chance buff) plus 60% accuracy should be enough to make the success rate on the boss more reliable, so I put some more mana into leveling my runes (most are 3 or 4*, and level 6 or 9) and am going to spend most of tomorrow grinding for XP and odd-numbered runes with accuracy as a bonus stat.

I'm hoping to spend most of my Giants runs in B7, but I need my guys strong enough to get to the boss first.

:toot:

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Duxwig posted:

I'm interested in your trip report of what works. I'm still waiting to get light fairy, but I've been doing B6 with Wind E Priest for the revive, which I'm not sure is going to work going forward. Also the trash in B7+, :suicide:.
I have one imp at 4* lvl 30(89% crit, 0% acc lol) and 3* lvl 25(80% crit, 0% acc). The third imp still working on awakening and leveling. Do the imps need a certain amount of HP to make it through the trash?

I just tested B7 and the trash hits really hard and hits all your guys. I'm not going back in there without 5* on at least one imp, and maybe some more levels on my runes (I'm thinking at least level 9 for everything, and trying to get 4* runes instead of 3* for the static HP and Defense ones).

Accuracy is really important because with a fairy you need to be able to land ten of the twelve possible DoTs (you'd have a bit more leeway if you were using a dark elemental but those aren't farmable).

Every hit was doing maybe 1/4 of the health of a level 18 4* imp, but there wasn't really any focus fire that I noticed before dying.

I have no idea how the gently caress to get to the boss in something like B9 or B10. The guy making the guide was like "oh well I just use a wind ninja to kill all the trash, but I totally did it with a farmable team too as a proof of concept", but didn't specify much else regarding levels.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

You can farm a 3* or 4* rune anyways. Best to save your mana for 5* and better.

Ayndin posted:

Entirely dependent on the whims of their broken-rear end matching algorithm, which they're supposedly rolling out another fix for tomorrow. Left in a trivial defense all week just to see how deep the rabbit hole goes when the game decides not to do fair matching:

Most of the time I'm failing to see anyone below 1k with a bottomed-out rating; I don't see how any scheme that makes sense would do that unless there's less than ten high-level players of sub-1k rating, which I see as unlikely.

This is happening to me too, and is bullshit. I think the guy who said it's because there must be something wrong with Hive accounts is right. I can't beat anyone in my range. :/

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 18, 2014

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Trip report!

My imps are now sorrrta strong enough to do B7 giants. They're around level 25, 5*, and my fairy is level 31 (also 5*). I can get to the boss with all my guys alive about 50% of the time (and killed the boss each time). My fairy doesn't have cooldown reduction on her heal yet, which I think would drastically increase my success rate, since I'm mostly losing imps to a combination of the trash's dots and damage reflection.

Buying skillups whenever possible from the shop (or getting them from secret dungeons, etc) seems pretty critical for imp team.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

:toot:

So I just beat Giants B10 with my farmed team. I finally got to the point where I was beating B7 almost all the time, so I powered through B8 using 2 revives (your mons get their cooldowns reset AND the existing dots stay on the boss AND a water mon can still crit on a wind mon, it's just rarer, and it turns out that the wind golems are loving pushovers compared to the dark ones that reflect damage) and then beat B9 normally doing about the same thing I was doing on B7 and B8.

B10 took me a bunch of tries -- at least four or five, but I think a lot of that was me trying to figure out a good strategy, because the increased defense of all the enemy mons made my previous approach fall apart.

My Team (all awoken)

5* Light Fairy (35)
Skill Levels: 7/MAX/MAX
Runes: Fatal/Energy (atk%/atk%/atk%)

5* Water Imp (31)
Skill Levels: MAX
Runes: Blade x2/Focus (atk%/crit%/accuracy)
Crit/Accuracy: 70/59

5* Water Imp (31)
Crit/Accuracy: 85/61

5* Water Imp (30)
Skill Levels: 6/3/MAX
Crit/Accuracy: 74/71

4* Hellhound (30)
Runes: Fatal/Blade (atk%/atk%/atk%)

Basically:

A huge amount of your damage now comes from DoTs, so use them liberally.

A single crystal attack will wipe half your team.. NEVER let it attack. Usually (depending on your speed, but I didn't build specifically for speed), your imp can attack the golems once before they attack and then be back up before the crystal attacks, meaning you can stun a golem and then blow your dot on the crystal at the beginning of a floor.

Shield your hellhound if you think you won't be able to lock down two golems. They don't do that much damage to your water imps, so you can heal them up later.

It feels really good to not fight golems that loving reflect damage

Stall for skills (and healing from your fairy) when you have one guy remaining. Crystals are slower than golems, but if you get resisted too often, they'll wreck you and they're squishier, so I prefer freezing a golem at the end and just hitting it over and over with basic attacks until it dies.

I checked the original guide on reddit and the guy has a comment somewhere that says speed in the 2 slot for imps is important. Now that I'm on B10 where my imps aren't doing much damage anyways, I think I'm going to start looking for speed runes for them, since so much of floor 1-4 relies on the imps' freeze attacks and my imp attacks don't seem to do much anymore. Also, I didn't realize my last imp didn't have max cooldown on its freeze, so uh, I expect my success rate to get better once that happens. I'm looking forward to the extra 25% change to stun once I get that last skill point for my light fairy, too, and planning on spending some glory points on buying the speed totem.

Right now, one missed dot (so 9/12 instead of 10/12 placed on the boss) means I can't kill the boss, but I'm not sure what to do about that since I wasn't even close to doing 10% of its health the normal way. I might try to push my accuracy up -- apparently 85% is the effective maximum.

With my scroll of light and dark, I got a light werewolf. Huh. How good is it?

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Sell runes. Don't eat the crystals.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I have finally leveled 3 water imps to level 30, and 4 star. I also leveled a light fairy to level 35 and 5 star, and a water Inferno to level 30 and 4 star. All of them have runes and are awoken.

When can I start farming giants? Every time I try I get killed by trash.

What level are you doing? You should be on 7 right? Your runes might be a bit low for placing all the dots you need, but your problem for getting through the trash is probably based on skill levels (need more damage and cooldown reduction).

The thing about b7 is that you absolutely need to use your dots and your freezes to get through, and be using your inferno as lead for the crit rate. Freeze the crystals and never let them attack, and use the shield often to protect one of your imps (preferably your shield is as close to max skill as possible). They should be able to handle two golem attacks but three is really dicey.

The starting move I usually did on the 2x crystal, 3x golem floors was hellhound buff (i dunno what inferno has for active skills, but damage or a disable is good too), two dot attacks on the golem (the dots should kill it before it attacks), shield on an imp or attack the unfrozen crystal and hope for a stun. The two golems should attack, then stun the crystals (my imps go twice before the crystals attack) and if your first two stuns both hit, you can use the third on one of the two remaining golems, and heal/shield the weakest imp.

It's much easier when my imps are 5* but the guy on reddit said max 4* should be okay.

I've dropped down from trying to farm b10 and gone to b9 instead. I can get to the boss almost all the time in both, but getting all ten dots (I don't do enough damage to only need 9) seems to work 1/3 time at most in b10.

Once I get more mana, I'll be trying to rank up my runes some more, I guess.

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Sep 2, 2014

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I think speed is fine if you're using water imps. The imp dots are only two turns, which means you only need the giant to hit you once while you're invincible (the giant should die at the beginning of its second turn).

Also the giant gets faster as you get to higher dungeon levels, for what it's worth.

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Kyrosiris posted:

Focus/Accuracy is required to actually stick the DoTs. You need as close to 100% crit and 85% accuracy as you need to ensure the full 10 stack of DoTs.

This, basically. Under no circumstances sacrifice accuracy or crit chance for the energy set. I can get to the b10 boss reliably but I've been farming b9 instead because my imps just can't get all ten dots landed often enough (I think I'm around 1/3 rate, but above 2/3 rate in B9).

Hellhound has a crit rate buff (also attack buff which helps me get to the boss), as does water inferno as a leader (and his skill, I guess?), so if you have to trade, you might be able to trade crit chance for accuracy in your rune sets.

Eventually, levelled runes, skills, and mons will let you get through the dungeon easier and easier but ONLY crit chance and accuracy will reliably kill the boss.

The resist rate of the giant is the giant's resistance minus your accuracy, and you basically need a perfect 85% landing rate to place 10 of your 12 hits, which is an accuracy rating equal to the giant's resistance minus 15 (resistance maxes out at 100, but I think the B10 resist is closer to 90.) Also you get one extra "allowed" miss if your guys can do 10% of the giant's max HP before getting demolished, but ahahahahahah holy poo poo it is so strong.

• Locked thread