Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Crap, accidental chaoslord vote because I screwed up the quote tags and can't edit now. ##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

It's a lot to ask.

I remember this game now. Quid said a really weird thing and I voted for him.

I'm still happy with that vote even if he backed off. It's still a thing he said.

I don't really get this whole thing against Met/chaos, but I don't really know either of you to get a sense if you are joking or what. I'll stick with Quid.

Lazy. How do you feel about the content I've posted since page 2 of this game, you plebe.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I don't get what Met is doing and I don't understand why he decided to antagonize the crap out of me for no reason, and I really, really don't want to play with him as a result of everything he has done D1.

But that is probably not a good reason to vote him and his meltdowns look more town than scum. I've been there.

##vote Motley I think that's an actual scumpost from him, combined with him not being around at all.

And my break is now over! Will check in later.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

The Science of Suck posted:

Why do you think this?

It's more of a vibe but the way he threw himself at a really weak case seems too wreckless for scum on Day 1. Ends up defending well too so I'm cool with Quidward.

Met posted:

Of all the votes for me, this comes off as the most scummy. A little late in the phase. No votes until you saw how everyone else was going to bandwagon. The non-chalantness.

##unvote
##vote Chaoslord

I still dont like you, but this is a very well placed vote. But what was with the self voting? Explain.

Quidnose posted:

Any reason you are being antagonistic for no reason?

I'm getting the vibe it's his modus operandi. Which means he is clearly not long for this game.

Motley's catch-up post is just reiterations of the two biggest talking points in the game at the time. Feels scummy, would vote.

Quidnose posted:

This is striking me as kind of hedgey. I see how he gets where he gets, but he just...doesn't commit to my being scum. "HIs attack was grasping at strings, but Jam was awkward, but it wasn't really awkward enough to be scummy." So do you see why I said what I did? You fault me for reaching, but you cite Jam's responses as what swayed you, because you did think his initial post was awkward. You say nothing of me changing my mind for the same reasons. It's a weird, non-committal, "comment on one of the popular cased people as best I can" namedrop.

I would vote Motley for this post.

Yeah what quidfield said.

##vote Motley

This is what we should do.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Anyone around?

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

20 Questions anyone? If you get it in 20 I'll vote for however you tell me to.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Just got in, see there's a few new posts, let me catch up but I'm here for the deadline

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm tangentially around on my phone, how soon is deadline?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also I am happy to lynch any person who spent time derailing the game to talk about clarifying deadline and subsequently are absent right now

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Quidnose posted:

Also I am happy to lynch any person who spent time derailing the game to talk about clarifying deadline and subsequently are absent right now

No no no you always start with: Is it classified as Animal, Vegetable, Mineral, or other?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote Motley Quid and Fry's cases actually have something of substance behind them as opposed to my "hey look what Met did once" case.

Deadline is in 37 minutes according to the countdown. Met, Motley, and myself were the ones who talked about the deadline.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

:negative: why wont anyone play with me

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Philip J. Fry posted:

Is it classified as Animal, Vegetable, Mineral, or other?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Quidnose posted:

I really dislike this post because it is purposefully hedgey for comedic sarcastic effect. What was the point, Ixt? Are you playing?

I made a post with my opinions, what do you want from me?

Is it larger than a breadbox?

Motley
Nov 1, 2013

Quidnose posted:

I don't get what Met is doing and I don't understand why he decided to antagonize the crap out of me for no reason, and I really, really don't want to play with him as a result of everything he has done D1.

But that is probably not a good reason to vote him and his meltdowns look more town than scum. I've been there.

##vote Motley I think that's an actual scumpost from him, combined with him not being around at all.

And my break is now over! Will check in later.

I haven't been around because I have work. Unavoidable.

Anyway, in order to defend myself (which I know is sometimes quite a bad strategy), I will admit that my post didn't have much substance behind it. It was more of a comment, and less of an accusation. Yes, I thought Jam was being awkward, and yes, I thought you were grasping at strings for making the case that you did. Regardless of whether or not everyone else agrees with my observations or not, I was simply putting my thoughts out there. My post wasn't really an attack on you, merely observations of the goings-on of the past day. Don't look for a well-developed case in my so called scummy post because it was pretty much just my current state of thinking on you and chaoslord.

So yeah, my post and thoughts weren't really that well developed, and I can see where you are coming from Quid. That being said, don't look at it as a lazy attempt at an attack from scum, it was more of a poorly thought out discussion point.

Motley
Nov 1, 2013

Ixtlilton posted:

Ixt summed up my defense pretty well actually!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

What? No you didn't. There is not a single opinion in your post other than "I don't know." Why are you trying to pretend that post had any content at all?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Quidnose posted:

What? No you didn't. There is not a single opinion in your post other than "I don't know." Why are you trying to pretend that post had any content at all?

Because it clearly did.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Philip J. Fry posted:

I still dont like you, but this is a very well placed vote. But what was with the self voting? Explain.

Funsies.

Philip J. Fry posted:

No one will play with you? I seem to only be awake when Quid is active.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

chaoslord posted:

Is it classified as Animal, Vegetable, Mineral, or other?

Other

Ixtlilton posted:

No

Stayin on Motley. Do we have enough for a lynch?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Is it a physical object?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also, it's a plurality lynch.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Ixtlilton posted:

Is it a physical object?

Yeppers.

Ixtlilton posted:

Also, it's a plurality lynch.

Oh yeah? Cool as gently caress.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Was any part of it once living?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Was it used over 100 years ago?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hi I'm here

##vote Motley

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Ixtlilton posted:

Was any part of it once living?

No

chaoslord posted:

Was it used over 100 years ago?

Yes

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Is it bigger than a thing of butter?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

Because it clearly did.

Oh really?

Ixtlilton posted:

Who is scum? Who is not scum?

Useless rhetorical questions that contradict each other.

quote:

Does it truly matter on this most day 1 of day 1s?

Is this an opinion or are you asking us?

quote:

Is chaoslord's unforced summary post scummy?

Do you feel this way? Is that a statement?

quote:

Does Quidnose's play remind me of his scum play in Hunger Games a little bit?

Do you feel this way? Is that a statement?

quote:

The answers to these questions are easy to see for the trained mind: I don't really know, may Fry or Quid or chaos I guess, probably not Met, technically, kinda yeah, and lastly, yes.

Thank you, your post was useless.

The reason I have a problem with this is you offer thinly veiled "opinions" that you easily could point back to and say "nah" I was joking.

The only reason I don't think you're being scummy with it is it is such am obvious troll. What is your bag, Ixt?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
I guess votefinder doesn't recognize plurality or no-lynch. Whatever!

Btw votefinder says "1pm 18th July" because that's my local time. The website doesn't show that I selected GMT+10 as my timezone, and instead displays EST.

Flip in a sec.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Everyone knows that you get free guns during warmup round.

The terrorists brought big guns. Motley brought his knife.

Motley, Vanilla Town was killed Round 1.

Night actions please! Day opens in 23~ hours.

tearshed fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jul 19, 2014

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Motley (5): The Science of Suck, The Science of Suck, Jamuraan, Quidnose, Philip J. Fry, chaoslord, Asiina
chaoslord (2): Philip J. Fry, Philip J. Fry, Met, Motley, Quidnose, Quidnose
Ixtlilton (1): The Science of Suck
Met (1): Met, Philip J. Fry, The Science of Suck, Barehanded Brother, The Science of Suck, chaoslord, Met, Quidnose, Quidnose, Philip J. Fry, chaoslord
Jamuraan (0): Quidnose, Quidnose
Quidnose (0): Asiina, The Science of Suck, The Science of Suck, Asiina
uranus (0): Quidnose, Philip J. Fry, Philip J. Fry, Quidnose
Opopanax (0): Philip J. Fry, Philip J. Fry

Not Voting (3): Ixtlilton, Opopanax, uranus

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 18th, 2014 at 1 p.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Quidnose, Town Cop, was killed night 1.

The terrorists are going to plant a bomb! Vote to protect a bombsite using ##bombsite A or ##bombsite B. Takes 3 votes to protect a bombsite today. Deadline is in 24 hours, a 24 hour extension will be granted on successful bombsite guess.

tearshed fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jul 19, 2014

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oh ffs

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (10): Asiina, Barehanded Brother, chaoslord, Ixtlilton, Jamuraan, Met, Opopanax, Philip J. Fry, The Science of Suck, uranus

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 19th, 2014 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 23 hours, 25 minutes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's cool, there's a back up and Quid's a terrible cop. Quidtuition isn't worth poo poo.
Someone explain how this bombsite thing works or tell me what to vote for.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Think we just do bombsite A or B like in tearsheds post and after so many votes its successful or fails. If we get it right we get an extra 24 hours which is kickin rad.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So it's a coin flip? I'm not really seeing a strategy to it

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

:ghost: agghhhhhh :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

One of us townies has a role which knows the answer to the puzzle if they didn't get roleblocked

other than that I think its luck

• Locked thread