Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

chaoslord posted:

Think we just do bombsite A or B like in tearsheds post and after so many votes its successful or fails. If we get it right we get an extra 24 hours which is kickin rad.
If the terrorists planted the bomb at bombsite C last night, then 3 people need to ##Bombsite C for the 24 hour extension.

If anyone has any other questions about how things work, send me a PM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Cool beans.

is there anyone here but me and opop? I just drove four hours to KC for the MLS game tomorrow and dont feel like getting laptop out tonight unless there is gonna be a lot of activity

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

Opopanax posted:

It's cool, there's a back up and Quid's a terrible cop. Quidtuition isn't worth poo poo.
Someone explain how this bombsite thing works or tell me what to vote for.

It's ok a town pr died, he sucks. I'm going to act clueless about the mechanics of this game in a worthless post.

##vote Opopanax

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

chaoslord posted:

One of us townies has a role which knows the answer to the puzzle if they didn't get roleblocked

other than that I think its luck

Also this one is scum probably

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
##bombsite a

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm going to bed but ##Bombsite A

Motley
Nov 1, 2013
:ghost:Go Town!:ghost:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Science of Suck posted:

It's ok a town pr died, he sucks. I'm going to act clueless about the mechanics of this game in a worthless post.

##vote Opopanax

Well he does :colbert:

And I never read rules regardless of alignment

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Yeah, I don't know why they'd kill Quid, he was being silly and wrong as usual. Also, he was posting a lot so it's probably try-hards or newbies on the scum team. And we all know those kinds of people would choose ##bombsite B

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Opopanax posted:

So it's a coin flip? I'm not really seeing a strategy to it

tearshed posted:

[*]Scout - knows which site the terrorists choose every night. Can be roleblocked.

Pseudo-Cops.

##bombsite B

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Met posted:

Pseudo-Cops.

##bombsite B

Yeah but that would require the scout to out themselves which is a terrible idea.

Oh well ##bombsite b

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
The players chose.... Bombsite B!

The terrorists chose.... Bombsite A!

Deadline is not extended. Get going!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Also this one is scum probably

If someone would please give me some tips on how to not sound scummy as town after the game, that'd be great. I've been called probably scum a couple of times now, some I can see why but there's a post or two (the one Science is quoting included) that I just don't get the reaction to, so I'm missing something obvious.

I had a longer post typed up but I think I'll eat breakfast and re-read before I go whole hog on this. Short version is I think Fry, Jam, and Science are town. Asiina made me uneasy with their post of "hi I'm here *vote leader*" after being generally absent this game. The counterpoint to that, though, is that scum knew Motley was town so there wouldn't be a reason to jump in and add a vote to the person who is already the vote leader at 4 minutes to deadline, right? So I might be barking up the wrong tree.

That's the short version of my early morning thoughts. I'm sure someone will call me out for making a post without much substance but I honestly don't have a lot of substance to go on right now anyway and since I'm gonna miss the deadline I'd like to try to get people posting here in the early part of the day so I can try to find something of substance. (Yes, I'm bad at this game)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I forgot it was plurality and didn't want to end with a no lynch.

I was confused by 20 questions instead of making sure someone got hammered.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Asiina posted:

I forgot it was plurality and didn't want to end with a no lynch.

I was confused by 20 questions instead of making sure someone got hammered.

Go on, ask me a question. (must be yes or no)

##vote Met

self-voting and being a smug rear end.

Also I don't like the fact that he was around to post last night but didn't (posted in other threads, I checked his post history) and then decided to be the second vote on a bombsite which ended up being wrong today.

Moreso on the former argument than the latter though.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

chaoslord posted:

One of us townies has a role which knows the answer to the puzzle if they didn't get roleblocked

other than that I think its luck

You felt the need to say "us townies" which looks like scum trying too hard to appear town

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's pretty much trial and error. Everyone sounds scummy for the first couple of games, it's a big part of why most people won't lynch a new player D1

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Philip J. Fry posted:

Go on, ask me a question. (must be yes or no)

Do you want to go to the dance with me? [ ]Yes [ ]No

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Makes sense, thanks yall.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Being a smug-rear end is hardly a basis for lynching, Phillip Gay Fry. :smug:

Voting against the Bombsite as a scum would be pretty foolish. Everyone might as well flip a coin. I'm willing to bet at least one person who voted Site A early did so to appear as clean as possible.

The two people who did vote for Bombsite A early (Uranus and Asiini) have also been pretty quiet and haven't been rocking the boat, a position advantageous for scum.

##vote uranus

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
hello. i voted for site 1 because i wanted to yesterday and didnt get to. this is a really lazy and dumb case for being after day 1, for serious

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Met posted:

Being a smug-rear end is hardly a basis for lynching, Phillip Gay Fry. :smug:

Voting against the Bombsite as a scum would be pretty foolish. Everyone might as well flip a coin. I'm willing to bet at least one person who voted Site A early did so to appear as clean as possible.

The two people who did vote for Bombsite A early (Uranus and Asiini) have also been pretty quiet and haven't been rocking the boat, a position advantageous for scum.

##vote uranus

Solid response.

##unvote

Asiina posted:

Do you want to go to the dance with me? [ ]Yes [ ]No

Yes. That's 7.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

I'm drawin blanks here y'all. I'd like to see more from BHB but that's no reason to vote a brother.

uranus you've done gently caress all so far. What's your take?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
my take is that i dont know why you think mets post was so good. i think its dumb and hes probably a badguy. if you put a button in a game people want to push it, thats how it works, you should read winviruses button game

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

uranus posted:

my take is that i dont know why you think mets post was so good. i think its dumb and hes probably a badguy. if you put a button in a game people want to push it, thats how it works, you should read winviruses button game

:barf:

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
:yosbutt:

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
All the cool kids are lynching lurkers

##vote Barehanded Brother

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Philip J. Fry posted:

I'm drawin blanks here y'all. I'd like to see more from BHB but that's no reason to vote a brother.

BHB hasn't posted in here in 3 days. I dunno, maybe he is scum but that seems way past "flying below the radar" to me and into more "I forgot/cant be bothered". I don't think a scum would risk getting modkilled for inactivity. I dont know if that is in play for this game or not but knowing that it does happen in some games I'd think someone who is scum is more likely to, if nothing else, throw in a low effort post every day to make sure it wont happen to them.

Asiina's reasoning for showing up late and throwing a vote onto the pile is reasonable. I'm leaning towards "yes" on believing it which eliminates the only thing I thought I was on.

Fry does your object have four corners?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

That'll teach me to not hit preview, jeez

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
Check this out

##vote chaoslord

Voting is just that easy, and you don't need a million words to do it

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Check this out

##vote chaoslord

Voting is just that easy, and you don't need a million words to do it

The last time I did a vote with just a short blurb I ended up with two votes on me, ha.

At the moment I don't know where I want to put my vote. I know I am not going to vote for you, Fry, or Jam. Past that? I don't have much. I'm thinking aloud in thread to try to organize my own thoughts and to bump it up in control panels so we might get more activity going. But I can cut it out.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
no, keep posting words. words are good. chaos is town, kill the suck. going from lurker lynch to newbie lynch. hes picking fruit off the ground. ##vote suck

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

You make a good case derp. Maybe even a great case. Scum team is SoS, Asiina, Jamuraan, calling it now.

##vote SoS

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah seriously, what the gently caress is that? ##vote suck

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
Lol I just move my vote where I think it might do some good, and I usually provide reasons when I do. How is that scummy?

Chaoslord is way too scared, and I think it's probably because he drew scum in his first game

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

chaoslord posted:

Fry does your object have four corners?

No. 8.

uranus posted:

I just don't think scum act that pigheaded. They tend to try and fly more under the radar, sort of like what you're saying with Suck.

Chaos seems like a bright eyed newbie that I'm fine with keepin around for now. I don't have a read on his alignment but he seems sincere so far.

Ixtlilton posted:

You make a good case derp. Maybe even a great case. Scum team is SoS, Asiina, Jamuraan, calling it now.

##vote SoS

Why Jammy and Asiina?

Chaoslord is way too scared, and I think it's probably because he drew scum in his first game

I read that as more of a town tell than scum. Least that's how I felt when I drew scum for my first game. I was support confident cause I was part of the informed minority.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

Ixtlilton posted:

##vote SoS

Actually let's lynch this one

Bullshit d1 post, lurker, and jumping on bullshit wagon

##vote Ixtlilton

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

##vote Opop

No comments on anyone's alignment but still actively posting.

Also, somethin feels scummy about his argument with Quid, but then posting this:

Opopanax posted:

I'm not defending you so much as I'm calling quid an idiot. Your defense is incidental.

Keeping "neutral" at it's finest.

And now a 3rd vote out of no where to make sure he's got something on the board.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Oh and he hasn't asked me a question yet :bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
fry, is it your mom?

• Locked thread