Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cleveland?
I'm sorry, what?
No loving way
I expected this
gently caress, I bet on Vegas
View Results

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

I'm glad "you're not good enough for the Big Ten" has come back around to being an insult that actually makes sense; that one was looking dated there for awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I've been laughing all day over "Bill Wennington is A Worthless Motherfucker Blueberry"

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I bet Jordan wouldn't send cupcakes to his neighbors

He'd invent a story in his mind where his neighbors said he wasn't good enough to send them cupcakes, and then he'd send them kick-rear end cupcakes but then he'd take a poo poo on all their porches.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
So, all the ridiculous tributes and bullshit popping up on my news feed from Lebron coming back are finally dying down, but someone was kind enough to post this with "He got us there once. Now we get beyond that" or some dumb poo poo like that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V6lvLSn0l8

I'm still in awe that we had a team in the finals our starters featured two guys (Gibson and Pavlovic) suck too hard to even be on someone's bench, Z as a 2nd option, and Drew loving Gooden was our best option at the 4.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

TheGreyGhost posted:

I'm still in awe that we had a team in the finals our starters featured two guys (Gibson and Pavlovic) suck too hard to even be on someone's bench, Z as a 2nd option, and Drew loving Gooden was our best option at the 4.

That was a weird season. The Cavs had the 3rd best SRS in the East (after the Baby Bulls, who actually had the best, and the Pistons) and the 7th best overall. The second best team by SRS, the Mavs, got whacked by the We Believe Warriors in the first round, and the Spurs just cruised. The Spurs underperformed their pythagorean W/L by 6 games that season, while the Mavs overperformed theirs by 6 on their way to 67 wins. It was probably the last time the conferences were as unbalanced as this season, because no one in the East had a prayer against the top 3-5 teams in the West, while the next year would see a big rebound for the Pistons and the emergence of the Magic and Big Three Celtics, and then the Cavs got good for real.

Props Department
Jul 10, 2007

creamed corn & confucius
Even if Wiggins+scraps and picks is the best offer on the table, I can see why Flip Saunders might not want to gift Kevin Love to a franchise that just fell rear end-backwards into signing the second best player in the league. And I also wonder if other GMs would hold it against him if they went on to dominate the East.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Props Department posted:

Even if Wiggins+scraps and picks is the best offer on the table, I can see why Flip Saunders might not want to gift Kevin Love to a franchise that just fell rear end-backwards into signing the second best player in the league. And I also wonder if other GMs would hold it against him if they went on to dominate the East.

Who did they sign?

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Props Department posted:

Name one player in the NBA currently better than Lebron James.

Props Department
Jul 10, 2007

creamed corn & confucius
Haha, I was just trolling because I'm bored on a bus. I'd still rather have Lebron's skill set on my team than anyone else's. But Durant is the reigning MVP, and whether that's due more to the fatigue of going to four straight finals or the beginning of Lebron's athletic decline is yet to be seen.

I'm basically just wondering if there are competitive factors that might keep the Wolves from pulling the trigger on a Cavs trade, even if it makes the most sense for them right now. Maybe they just want to see Wiggins in a few real NBA games first.

Props Department fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 27, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Yeah, I bet Lebron was declining back in 2010 right

(Lebron and the Heat in general were coasting)

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Since the Timberwolves play in the West conference I am not sure why they'd care.

Props Department
Jul 10, 2007

creamed corn & confucius

Tae posted:

Yeah you're probably right, I coasted pretty much my whole senior year of college too.

I just think there would be blowback around the league for willingly giving Dan Gilbert another top 10 player. Hasn't that guy had enough luck already??

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
LeBron being on a good team is good for the league as a general entity, and I don't know that a Western Conference team with no hope of winning a title anytime soon gives much of a poo poo either way.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Plus no owner will blame the Wolves for getting a highly sought after #1 overall pick in exchange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Tae posted:

Not really comparable because Durant actually did have a better season than Lebron, or at least you can make a strong argument for it. Rose obviously didn't.

• Locked thread