Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cleveland?
I'm sorry, what?
No loving way
I expected this
gently caress, I bet on Vegas
View Results

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Intruder posted:

The Spurs still exist

Dwight, BOsh, Harden takes them down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
BIG POP PA

stoops
Jun 11, 2001
Anyone have that miami-burning-jersey image? I couldn't find it on the other thread.

Deus Rex
Mar 5, 2005

Now I want to know why Arison faved that "definitely not 85 percent" Broussard tweet last night

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pat Riley traded for Napier just to keep LeBron, got really mad about it in the press, then LeBron left anyway

Glorious

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Doctor Butts posted:

I get the second part but saying the fans deserved poo poo that happened in the 80's because of poo poo that would happen in the 2000's is sort of motherfucking retarded.

Have you heard of jokes before?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Kalli posted:

Holy poo poo

Same

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Deus Rex posted:

Now I want to know why Arison faved that "definitely not 85 percent" Broussard tweet last night

He's really into irony

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Haha Haslem took a pay cut for nothing.

It's a good letter. The cynical part of me wants to say that he's just trying to abandon Miami, but he's right in that it's a super rare opportunity to play basketball on a high level team in your home town. Dude's almost thirty and he's got a family. Can't blame him for wanting to settle down back home, although he's the only guy I've ever seen in my life who waxes nostalgically about Cleveland.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
SO HYP3D

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

TheModernAmerican posted:

Besides this has a more Red Right 88 feel to it

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
Somebody needs to make an updated verison of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7xlzLOZH5c

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

how many lebron + p. diddy "coming home" videos will hit youtube today? 500?

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Can't wait for the Spurs to win it all again.

Spurs will get Pau Gasol and this will all be irrelevant.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

LeBron is still an arrogant rear end, but :siren: THE BIG 3 IS (are?) DEAD :siren: :toot:

I also have slightly more respect for him now because he's actually coming back to Cleveland as opposed to loving off to the next Big Market City (Los Angeles/New York, etc) where he can Take His Talents.

Good for Cavs fans. My former roommate was a Cavs fan and suffered through the winless streak a few years ago.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

TheModernAmerican posted:

ah ok man

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
I'm glad cause gently caress Miami but I hope the Cavs don't actually get Love :pray:

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

I am sad this is dubbed Return of the King and not The Rescission.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Neither Miami nor Cleveland deserves Lebron

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Dont know why Cleveland is so excited to get a proven Finals loser

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

The unmitigated joy of the guys on that Cleveland radio stream is hilarious

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Ron Darling posted:

D-Wade got boned because he is so not worth $20 mil but if he never opted out he would have made that money

now he's gonna be lucky to make $10 lol

The Heat gotta hit the salary floor somehow.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Somebody find Love and stick a mic in his face

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
LeBron's gonna tear a ligament in the 9th game of the season, Cavs finish 44-38, 6th in East

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Man all these years I have been a Cavs fan finally pay off. Cant wait to root for them this year

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Dumb question, being a very casual nba fan, but were there better available destinations for Lebron to win more championships? Or is this truly about him trying to help his hometown win a championship?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So will LeBron go back to being #23?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

mistermojo posted:

I wonder how many people that burned their LeBron jerseys are now hammering the NBA Store

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

SeannieDarko posted:

Probably not, he filed the paperwork to change to #6 his last season in Cleveland.

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

mistermojo posted:

Yes because LeBron has never won the Finals and when they lost to the Spurs it was all his fault.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Can't wait for the Spurs to win it all again.
That's disgusting.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I suggested in #sports during the Finals that it'd be hilarious if there was some grander scheme to this, like deliberately making the Cavs awful for four years, allowing them to rack up high picks to bolster the team for his return.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Man there were Cavs fans talking poo poo about Lebron this morning because he wasn't deciding fast enough.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

SeannieDarko posted:

The guys on that radio stream are speculating that its going to be 32? Dunno

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Well I was totally and completely wrong.

On the plus side, with the Heat Check now done Israel Gutierrez should be out of a job and I won't have to see him anymore since Miami is now totally irrelevant.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
What's Pat Riley doing right now

Cav
Jun 7, 2002

I'm a (3 star) Highway Star.

Tavarin posted:

The Heat gotta hit the salary floor somehow.

Yeah, I think this pretty much guarantees a max or near max contract for Wade. It's going to take some effort to fill out $56 million with what's left out there, and Wade's probably the only big guy willing to sign there.

Not a bad consolation prize.

And the Cavs sabotaging Miami while owning their 2015 pick is icing on the cake.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

Fisticuffs posted:

How salty is Dwyane Wade right now?

As salty as the waters in South Beach...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Laderhan posted:

Somebody needs to make an updated verison of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuc-LKVeTP0

• Locked thread