Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010

vyst posted:

Food is absolutely an addiction. I went to see a therapist when I started to lose weight because I wanted to get my mind right as well as my body because to be that size I must be hosed up in the head. He went into detail about how food can create the same chemical imbalance in your body that a heroin addict would experience, only worse since you crave more and more food as time goes on. Not that it's an excuse, but in hind sight it made a lot of sense to me but of course saying you have a food addiction is like saying you're addicted to sex - people sort of just quirk an eyebrow at you.

I am a fatty and I think I will try this. Everytime I've tried a diet it seems to go really well to begin with, one went even as far as to get me to almost below 100kg but as soon as life got difficult I would break out the lovely food. When I was last weighed I was about 140kg (it was a hospital, I hope the scales went higher than that) and I'm 190cm which gives me a BMI of 38.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread