Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

therattle posted:

Regarding independent living, that's our goal, pretty much.

Like how independent? Maybe get a job, buy a little house, meet a nice tarded girl, and settle down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Are they sterile, or are we potentially facing an invasion from the sewers?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Ilustforponydeath posted:

most of them are, yeah

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

therattle posted:

I totally understand why people would choose to abort. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to call people assholes for acting like assholes. The most valid reason for terminating, to me, is that you just don't want a child with Down's. Being mean about people with Down's (not that you've been) is just lovely though.

As for health, quality of life concerns, burden to society etc - those aren't particularly valid. It boils down to not wanting a child with a disability.

Regarding independent living, that's our goal, pretty much.

Nobody is being mean about people with down's, they're being mean to you for caring more about your genetic linage than the agency of a child. See the difference? You're stupid, down's children are just unlucky enough to have stupid parents.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Lazyfire posted:

That survey saying Down's people are happy is kind of dumb. If your family and social workers spend your entire life telling you how great you are because you remembered to put a shirt on in the morning you will be pretty happy with life. Plus, the WWE streams their pay-per-views now so you don't have to beg mom to order SummerSlam.

you gotta wonder how many of them surveyed were the neglected ones whose parents have died (probably zero)

tada.wav
Dec 24, 2013

A happy go lucky downs guy once pushed my mother in front of an oncoming bus then his handler got all kinds of lovely with us when we dared to be upset about it.

"He was just curious!"

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
Because they'd rather face a lifetime of frustration and difficulty than look bad infront of their friends

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ilustforponydeath posted:

The US Government used to sterilize, but that was made illegal some time after the Nazis got in power and people associated with the sterilization with Eugenics. Unfortunately, since most HF Downs people probably couldn't understand birth control, I don't think there's much of a recourse to prevent mentally handicapped individuals from making offspring with each other unless their parents/guardians order hysterectomies/vasectomies.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

neptuneL38
Jul 23, 2002

get some chuckas fucka
I'm looking to gently caress a couple retards before this rides all over

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Consider if there was never a downs diagnosis, the doctor does the test and says "ok I got bad news, your baby is going to be completely and utterly retarded forever... But we could abort"

I bet abortion for downs would somehow exceed 100%

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It's not like you can't loving HAVE MORE KIDS. It isn't a one shot deal.

Like our bodies were designed to have several kids

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
As someone who works with retarded people I can say with 100% accuracy that parents with retarded children are far less happy. Sure it may not manifest right away. The first 12 or so years they're basically normal parents with an emotional time bomb they're avoiding. In those years they tell themselves, "my child will be the one to beat the odds. He might not be a genius, but he could get a job and have a good life.". This falls apart at the beginning of the teenage years at the latest. They see how stunted their child is compared to their peers. They realize the work they have to put in just to keep their child alive is greater than the effort a parent of a normal child needs to expend for their child to thrive.

The doctors visits intensify at puberty when inappropriate sexual behavior shows up. They have to deal with the embarrassment of their son or daughter masturbating in public, flashing their junk to other children, and the scores of sessions with psychologists to keep these u der control. This is when some kind of chronic physical illness shows up, it could be anything from malformed arches that cause pain just from walking to diabetes. One thing is for sure, there will be one long term, chronic illness to hit a retarded person before 21. The parents are used to it by this point. Their illusions that their child will have a good life are shattered. The most they can hope for is that the child will be somewhat happy. They over indulge their kid, usually with food because lovely food is the best thing they can afford after their bank account has been sucked dry over the years by the doctor visits and specialized care. If they're very well off they may over indulge with DVDs or some other kind of stimulation they pray will make their child happy.

Around this time they start looking for options for their kid, the 8 hours aday of respite public school gave then evaporates around 19 or 20. They'll try to meet its needs themselves, but eventually that'll wear them so ragged they'll look for homes. The guilt for putting them in one never really leaves because 99% of homes are horrible places you wouldn't want to put an animal.

The saddest part is when asked if they're happy they'll say yes, like the most insidious form of Stockholm syndrome. Of course if you deal with them over a period of time you'll see them cry a lot.

Really, if youre pregnant with a retarded child please abort it. You'll be so much happier.

I dont want this post to make it sound like I dont think retarded people deserve good lives and care, but the fact of the matter is they rarely get it, they are a burden of their family, and usually suffer from a series of horrible illnesses.

There are tragic accidents of genetics that make it impossible to tell if a child is retarded until its born, in those cases ky heart goes out to the family. However, it is the apex of selfishness to have a retarded child knowingly. You burden everyone who comes in contact with it.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

MegaGatts posted:

I dont want this post to make it sound like I dont think retarded people deserve good lives and care, but the fact of the matter is they rarely get it, they are a burden of their family, and usually suffer from a series of horrible illnesses.

There are tragic accidents of genetics that make it impossible to tell if a child is retarded until its born, in those cases ky heart goes out to the family. However, it is the apex of selfishness to have a retarded child knowingly. You burden everyone who comes in contact with it.

:drat: Some actual harsh but true words in GBS. I wish I could print that out your post and show it to every would-be Sarah Palin expecting a special ~trig~

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MegaGatts posted:

As someone who works with retarded people I can say with 100% accuracy that parents with retarded children are far less happy. Sure it may not manifest right away. The first 12 or so years they're basically normal parents with an emotional time bomb they're avoiding. In those years they tell themselves, "my child will be the one to beat the odds. He might not be a genius, but he could get a job and have a good life.". This falls apart at the beginning of the teenage years at the latest. They see how stunted their child is compared to their peers. They realize the work they have to put in just to keep their child alive is greater than the effort a parent of a normal child needs to expend for their child to thrive.

The doctors visits intensify at puberty when inappropriate sexual behavior shows up. They have to deal with the embarrassment of their son or daughter masturbating in public, flashing their junk to other children, and the scores of sessions with psychologists to keep these u der control. This is when some kind of chronic physical illness shows up, it could be anything from malformed arches that cause pain just from walking to diabetes. One thing is for sure, there will be one long term, chronic illness to hit a retarded person before 21. The parents are used to it by this point. Their illusions that their child will have a good life are shattered. The most they can hope for is that the child will be somewhat happy. They over indulge their kid, usually with food because lovely food is the best thing they can afford after their bank account has been sucked dry over the years by the doctor visits and specialized care. If they're very well off they may over indulge with DVDs or some other kind of stimulation they pray will make their child happy.

Around this time they start looking for options for their kid, the 8 hours aday of respite public school gave then evaporates around 19 or 20. They'll try to meet its needs themselves, but eventually that'll wear them so ragged they'll look for homes. The guilt for putting them in one never really leaves because 99% of homes are horrible places you wouldn't want to put an animal.

The saddest part is when asked if they're happy they'll say yes, like the most insidious form of Stockholm syndrome. Of course if you deal with them over a period of time you'll see them cry a lot.

Really, if youre pregnant with a retarded child please abort it. You'll be so much happier.

same

Dubsy
Jul 17, 2014

People who get all :smug: or laughs at the expense of people with disabilities are legitimately losers and if I was into nerd ragegasms I would do it all over this thread

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

why dont people hunt down and murder all people with downs syndrome and also autists and anyone with mild phyiscal deformities, send them to camps imho

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

MegaGatts posted:

This.

My neighbour has a 30ish year old grand daughter who has downs and some other kind of brain development problem making her unable to speak or learn much(forget the exact name of it).
The grand daughter is hell to live with. She screams/shouts as she 'plays' around the house and outside, and it is constant from when she is awake to sleep.
She has no spacial awareness and runs about tossing everything and bumping into everyone and everything. She tries to jump into people's arms thinking they can carry her but as she's a fat 30 year old people get hurt. She has to be arms strapped to a wheelchair while outside as she will run out into the road or try to 'play' with others she sees. And the arms still stay strapped in the car as she will try to get into the lap of whoever is driving or pull them in the back.

I feel so much for thr father/mother putting up with her all these years. The father is a teacher at my old school, and we only really talked rarely as our paths did not meet class wise. But it was obvious he had some form of PSTD about it all, he did not give a gently caress about anything or anyone in the school. He would just sit there and ignore it all.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dubsy posted:

People who get all :smug: or laughs at the expense of people with disabilities are legitimately losers and if I was into nerd ragegasms I would do it all over this thread
i like your avatar. affordable?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
has anyone ever used the word "society" outside the context of trying to rationalize crimes against humanity

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MegaGatts posted:

I suggested this and got banned for it.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for not-disabled children

Dubsy
Jul 17, 2014

Dolphin posted:

i like your avatar. affordable?

I dont understand and if you're trolling me you have won.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
i dunno sounds like a tough subject id rather just say

FART LOL

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Nice post there Megagatts, i can't wait to see what comical strawhats will be pulled out of someones republican/church rear end in a top hat to counter your post. Your post is exactly what i think about this issue and i am kinda surprised someone dares to show this reality. Thank you!

pogue23
Aug 15, 2002

Son, I am disappoint.
I did my part, did you do yours?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

pogue23 posted:

I did my part, did you do yours?

just yesterday i saw a subhuman mongoloid on the street so i bashed his brains out

:feelsgood:

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

MegaGatts posted:

This is loving awesome. I work with children/adults with special needs as well. The parents are so loving tired all the time.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jul 29, 2014

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

tango alpha delta posted:

This is loving awesome. I work with people who have children with special needs as well. The parents are so loving tired all the time.

the trick seems to be according to some of my family, is to just have 15-20 kids and that way you can just spread all the parenting around. and only one or none retards.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

imho all poors should be aborted too

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

StashAugustine posted:

imho all poors should be aborted too

most blacks are hahaha

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

dontcareaboutname posted:

the trick seems to be according to some of my family, is to just have 15-20 kids and that way you can just spread all the parenting around. and only one or none retards.

Sure, but as you know, it's not just physical tiredness. You get used to seeing parents with what I call 'dead eyes' or 'glassy eyes'.

If I could, I would want to see all children born healthy and raised in healthy homes. It's so hard to watch the struggles sometimes.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Sure, but as you know, it's not just physical tiredness. You get used to seeing parents with what I call 'dead eyes' or 'glassy eyes'.

If I could, I would want to see all children born healthy and raised in healthy homes. It's so hard to watch the struggles sometimes.

my uncle looks like that but he's 68 and just had his 17th kid with his 5th wife last year, all kids healthy. his oldest son is 51 kinda funny

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

dontcareaboutname posted:

most blacks are hahaha

good all the subhumans will be purged and all that will be left are us pure healthy white men

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

StashAugustine posted:

good all the subhumans will be purged and all that will be left are us pure healthy mexican men

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Coldbird posted:

has anyone ever used the word "society" outside the context of trying to rationalize crimes against humanity

Unless you consider lovely music a crime against humanity the Black Label Society fits the bill.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Dubsy posted:

loving right, man.

Those of us who lack compassion are more emotionally retarded than the intellectually retarded we are making fun of. Every guy in this thread under twenty six or so is somewhat excused because the male brain hasn't finished developing yet. Do you guys know that? Do any of you see the irony in that fact?

Nevertheless, I wish all children were born healthy, because it almost breaks my heart to see a disabled child. I mean seriously, what the gently caress? How the gently caress is this remotely fair to anyone? gently caress.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jul 29, 2014

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Those of us who lack compassion are more emotionally retarded than the intellectually retarded we are making fun of.

Nevertheless, I wish all children were born healthy, because it almost breaks my heart to see a disabled child. I mean seriously, what the gently caress? How the gently caress is this remotely fair to anyone? gently caress.

same but with gay instead of disabled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubsy
Jul 17, 2014

Those of us who lack compassion are more emotionally retarded than the intellectually retarded we are making fun of. Every guy in this thread under twenty six or so is somewhat excused because your brain hasn't finished developing yet. Did you know that? Do you see the irony in that fact?

ive known its inexcusable to make fun of people with disabilities since before my balls dropped and way before i learned other important life lessons. this poo poo is common sense man.

but iunno if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me, so sorry if i am being rude.

• Locked thread