Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
aborting down syndrome babies is cruel. imagine, if they were all aborted, who would work the register at the school store? it's horrible to deprive normal children the pleasure of buying things at the school store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Lazyfire posted:

That survey saying Down's people are happy is kind of dumb. If your family and social workers spend your entire life telling you how great you are because you remembered to put a shirt on in the morning you will be pretty happy with life. Plus, the WWE streams their pay-per-views now so you don't have to beg mom to order SummerSlam.

you gotta wonder how many of them surveyed were the neglected ones whose parents have died (probably zero)

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Kyrie eleison posted:

A bunch of xtians have this crazy idea that people with down's syndrome are 'human'... ridiculous I know

also like to pat themselves on the back for prolonging the immeasurable agony and suffering of retarded and/or sick people by denying them euthanasia

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Durzel posted:

Apparently some Australian couple had the audacity to ask their surrogate to abort the pregnancy when it was discovered 4 months in that she was carrying a downs. She didn't, due to her own Buddhist retardation beliefs, and has instead started a campaign to get some funding to ensure it has a extended miserable life.

ps. The couple adopted the normal twin instead lol

http://www.gofundme.com/bxci90

"Comments not reflecting the overwhelming feeling goodwill on this site have been deleted."

Naturally there's plenty of armchair critics of these Aussie parents, how dare they not subject themselves to a lifetime of hardship dealing with a broken human who is likely to endure a painful existence (not least of which because it has a congenital heart defect).

it's so weird how people with downs syndrome all have the same exact face, completely independent of race or anything else. like, it's not really necessary since you can tell they're retarded by the way they scream, flail their arms, and bump into poo poo nonstop, but i guess it's convenient?

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
there are worse things than being retarded. imagine being someone like this, who writes obnoxious self-righteous articles about how great they are for not aborting their tard before they get beaten to death in a random and uncontrollable outburst

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Luvcow posted:

Go talk to some parents of Downs kids and tell them this. Please. Let us know how they respond. :allears:

You want just the joyful words, or the despondent body language too?

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
i hope if i acquire down's through a head injury that they put me out of my misery, because god drat would it suck to be a useless retarded vegetable to such an extent that i can be manipulated into saying im happy

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Who What Now posted:

If you have to go out of your way to phrase a question a certain way to get certain answers then your study is already poo poo.

They kind of have to, though. If you ask them normal questions the way you would of real people, you'll get a whole lot of blank stares and answers like "WANT JUICE".

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

therattle posted:

Comments like this say more about the poster than anything else, and none of it's good.

Well, at least I haven't admitted to knowingly and willfully bringing a broken person into the world and rationalized it by saying that they tell you they're happy if you coach them to.

Starving Autist fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 5, 2014

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Who What Now posted:

The only gross stupidity here is your kid.

lmao

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
I'd probably be pretty happy if I didn't have to work a day in my life and had personal slaves to wipe my rear end.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Who What Now posted:

I already told you, my brother-in-law is retarded. And he is among the highest-echelons of capability. He can barely read, cannot write except for the most basic of sentences and his own name, can only drive because he went through considerable effort to memorize road signs (he can only drive to and from work, and to a few other stops such as gas station or fast food places. He is literally incapable of navigating anywhere that he is not first driven to many dozens of times first to memorize the route) and holds down a job gathering carts. He has no opinions save those that he overhears and has no goals beyond what he's told to strive for.

He could, perhaps, live on his own in a small trailer or apartment if his parents or siblings checked in on him at least every other day. But he cannot manage his own finances, he cannot plan for his own future. He cannot exist and survive without someone leading him from point A to point B first.

What you didn't bother to learn is that me and my wife grew up together. I've known her for as far back as I have memories, back to before elementary school. And this included her whole family and her brother. There has never not been a time when I was not intimately familiar with the concept, even as young as three, that the retarded were not like everyone else. Since then I have volunteered with the Special Olympics a few times, purely for selfish reasons, and have seen dozens and more of the mentally handicapped.

That's where I get my expertise from. Not from some trumped up biased study that set up the questions to get an answer, but through a life-time of experience. And I'll say it again and again and again and again.

The retarded cannot understand long-term happiness the same way normal people do. I simply have never met any mentally handicapped person that can accurately gauge the past, present, and future the same way a normal person can, and so I can say with certainty that they cannot answer the questions in the study in the way the study tries to present itself. The study does not, and cannot, ask retarded individuals about their current overall happiness or projected happiness. And indeed it goes out of its way not to. But it presents its findings in a way that imply such.

Your study is poo poo, your justifications for having a potato-child are poo poo. You have no idea what you have gotten yourself into, and your marriage, your family, your community, and most of all the child you brought into this world are going to suffer immensely because of your choice.

Is that good enough for you, you cowardly twat?

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Rated PG-34 posted:

Not to mention his genes aren't going to go very far thanks to downies.

he can hook up with another downs and they can have a Double Down

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Sestze posted:

actually its a "liger"

a liger is a crossbreed between a lion and a tiger. i believe it ends up sterile, with teeth that grow in seven different directions, and is mentally retarded (compared to a lion/tiger)

in the wild, they don't last long. we keep them around because they look adorably stupid, like pugs.

nah, ligers look like this:

and also don't exist at all in the wild because lions and tigers do not currently share any overlapping habitat. that's an actual tiger with down syndrome created through selective (in)breeding.

otherwise,

Who What Now posted:

This is a good post.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
maybe the maternal instinct is to blame, after all

(also lol that they're gloating and patting themselves on the back while their downs is still a baby; they're in for a rude awakening when it gets older)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Maoist Pussy posted:

A story about a literal retarded gay baby. Nice work.

Arigato, Maoist Pussy-san.

• Locked thread