Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
some people don't abort fetuses that are developing without brains and whatnot because they care more about themselves and their stupid ideals than keeping someone from spending a life full of misery and suffering, hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

therattle posted:

My initial argument was about quality of life, but Downs people have a pretty good quality of life. They are generally happier than the population.

Not really the point. Refusing to abort a fetus with a debilitating condition because of some idealistic view of humanity is essentially the same as choosing to give that person the condition (if you live in a state where abortion is actually relatively easy to get.) Quality of life isn't the point, the point is that you're going to be robbing an actual adult human being of agency, rather than terminating an unconscious fetus.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

parents of retarded kids are just the worst. they're always these beaten down people whose lives revolve how hosed up their kids are. my kid is awesome and perfect so lol to that poo poo. it would have been off to the old brain scrambler if anything had been majorly wrong with him.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

they also oppose vitamin k shots which prevent like 4/1000 babbies from bleeding into their skulls

its loving vitamin k

why

dude, there are hard chemicals in those shots. hard chemicals. you can inject your baby with chemicals if you want.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

Oh who gives a gently caress about one retard baby when thousands of civvies are getting hosed up in Gaza and nothing will happen because of it

Life has no value lol

not to jews, they don't believe in heaven and they bake christian babies into their matzo (jew-tongue for devil's bread.)1

1. Fact.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

lol autism isn't real, those people are just retards who can't raise a child

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

i could get banned for unironically supporting nazi beliefs? :ohdear:

just because nazis believed in eugenics doesn't mean it's not a good idea. hitler also liked cats and cats rule. note: i have no idea whether or not hitler really liked cats.

[edit] i don't mean racial eugenics just stopping retards from being born/keeping them out of society because they're not human really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

yes it is. only retarded religious people think that there's value in suffering.

therattle posted:

It's a nice way of looking at the world you've got there.

She didn't feel that she could face an abortion just because the child was flawed. She believes that all people, even if 'broken", "worthless" and "potatoes", have value, can love, and be loved. I think she's right. If I had said that I simply couldn't bring myself to be the father to a disabled child, she probably would have terminated the pregnancy (and we probably would have been divorced and miserable).

The whole "are people with DS happier" was in response to the line of argument that they are miserable. They aren't. I don't know why they aren't - people have advanced various reasons, which may or may not be right. I never said that happiness was the sole factor, or that it's all OK because the child/person will be or is happy.

For the avoidance of doubt, I would strongly prefer that my child did not have Down's. I don't like it. It is not a good thing. I am not suggesting that people carry on with pregnancies if DS is diagnosed. But I still value and love him as a person despite it.

lol you married a tard and had a tard. good job. your first mistake was not killing yrself

• Locked thread