Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
narrative LPs are:
dumb
stupid
goku
gay
View Results

• Locked thread
mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

tada.wav posted:

Goon-made ecco the dolphin LP, the worst thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZW-WOzY6Lk

loving Stupid! If I wanted to hear somebody cry for ten minutes and say dolphin over and over I'd slap myself in the balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

tada.wav posted:

Goon-made ecco the dolphin LP, the worst thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZW-WOzY6Lk

This is a troll right.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
i agree op, we know thanks to postmodernism that single-perspective narratives are stupid. i'm waiting for the lp that scales the great heights of 'the wire'.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

op is dumb and stupid

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Why dont you nerds just play your own video games christ

tada.wav
Dec 24, 2013

JebanyPedal posted:

This is a troll right.

no but the goon concerned deleted it out of embarrassment iirc so that's something

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

tada.wav posted:

no but the goon concerned deleted it out of embarrassment iirc so that's something

Now I can say that was easily one of the worst things I've ever seen in my life.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
if you watch let's plays your brain is broken

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

burritolingus posted:

All LPs bad.

Nah. Drepressing Drawers and Lotax are kinda funny.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

I can count the number of LPs I've read on one hand but they were all pretty entertaining.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Clochette posted:

I can count the number of LPs I've read on one hand but they were all pretty entertaining.

Thats nice. Literally no one cares

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

my favorite is all the paradox games with unironic gay medieval roleplaying

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The Animal Crossing and Wall Street Kid ones were real good.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The Animal Crossing and Wall Street Kid ones were real good.

:stare:

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

butplug accident posted:

if you watch let's plays your brain is broken
We're talking about bad LPs that are read, not watched

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Droid posted:

then you cannot be helped

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
funny how

reading is good
watching is bad
but when its lps its watching is good
reading is bad

don't let your kids read lps make sure they don't check out any at the library parents

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

someone did a pokemon narrative lp on sa where the first 3 parts were about how all the characters in the starting village wanted to rape her.

they were so bad the loving lp forum had to ban any pokemon thread because it just attracted the worst psychos out there lol

anyways nakar's ultima lps are pretty good

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

The Droid posted:

ah, apologies

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

The Droid posted:

I don't want to look at something made by someone who is too dumb to work out capturing video.

waffle
May 12, 2001
HEH
what is an example of a narrative LP? I mean are they telling a story about themselves as a dude playing the game or what?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

waffle posted:

what is an example of a narrative LP? I mean are they telling a story about themselves as a dude playing the game or what?

It's where they type up stuff that happens in the game from the character's perspective, it's really gay and even I can't tolerate it.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

waffle posted:

no. they are the guy in the game. It is loving pathetic.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The Chronicles of Syrupleaf

Excerpts from the diary of Spoonboy Rakusturrith, Weaponsmith.

Spring, year one:

The wagon is stuck. The left rear wheel is broken. Our carpenter, Skaw, says it is unrepairable. I asked him to make a new one, given the abundance of wood we were carrying. Somehow he never learned to make a wheel. Will have stern words with his master when I return home. If we ever do return.
Our hunter, Nemo, is about to go and look for some food. I told her we have plenty, but she still insists on going. She apparently saw a mole nearby that looked "delicious". I told her not to wander too far. There are strange noises coming from the valley to the east. I do not dare peek over the edge in case whatever is down there sees me.
It seems it went well, Nemo is calling out to us.
But what the hell are th-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armok help us! I just saw Nemo die. Even now, as I hide here behind the wagon, scratching away at this journal, it flashes before my eyes.
Nemo, standing proudly over the slain mole, waving.. But then a fluttering of leathery wings..
..claws and fangs and screams and blood oh Armok the blood! They tore her apart like she was made of paper!
Alas, poor Nemo.. I should never have let her go off on her own.
I made everyone else abandon the wagon for now. I'll stay hidden here until it's safe to recover our supplies..
..and our dead friend.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have ordered our miners to start digging a safe distance away from the wagon. While they're doing that, the rest of us are moving what supplies we can safely grab to the new location.
A group of troglodytes are massing around Nemo's corpse. I think they're looking for us. Or maybe they're just attracted by the smell of death. Armok save us all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Progress is being made on the dig. The rest of us work on building a rudimentary wall with the stone. We are not skilled masons but it should be good enough to keep the troglodytes at bay. Moving the supplies to the new location continues to be dangerous work. Several times we've had to drop what we were carrying and sprint back to the safety of the dig. I just pray we can get everything set up before the weather worsens. This is a particularly inhospitable part of the world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spotted a couple of the creatures that killed Nemo today. They appear to be half man, half bat.. some sort of Armok-damned batman. They're constantly on the move, flying around the area. So far they haven't spotted us, but it's only a matter of time.
In other news, Skaw claimed he saw a flying cow.. I'm not sure what it was, but it certainly wasn't a cow. Perhaps a giant cave swallow, or a robin. I'm starting to worry about that boy. I get the felling he's not altogether there in the head.

Suspicions confirmed - found Skaw sleeping outside today. I'm convinced he's gone a bit strange. Will have a chat to him once things are a bit more organised. Just thankful nothing found him while he was asleep.
Apart from that, Summer has arrived. Though the weather does not seem to be getting any warmer. Things seem to be progressing well. We haven't had any more attacks, and most of the supplies have been moved inside the wall.

I had ordered our miners to dig west, in order to get as deep into the mountain as possible, but they ran into what appears to be a bottomless chasm. Thinking we might be safer on the other side, I ordered the construction of a bridge, but no sooner had the bridge been completed when..
..THREE batmen came swooping in. They chased Rincebrain down the corridor..
..but then two of them inexplicably ran away! Armok be praised. The final batman charged into the main room..
Only to be torn apart by a couple of our dogs!
Were these the same creatures that had made mincemeat of Nemo?
Thoroughly confused, I ordered bobtheturd to go and finish the work on the other side of the chasm. He encountered one of the batmen, but instead of running back to the safety of the dogs, he decided to take a swing with his pick..
..and killed it, suffering only minor injuries!
It seems like the batmen aren't so bad after all.

Autumn has arrived, and along with it a caravan.
But they weren't carrying anything of interest. I had given Skaw a mechanic's workshop to play around with, since he seemed to like tinkering and it kept him out of trouble, so I traded some of the mechanisms he had made for some cheese.
Food will be an issue in the future.. With our hunter dead, and no water to irrigate a farm, we will have to make do with what the caravans bring us for the time being. Of course, we also have one less mouth to feed. Rest in peace, Nemo. I swear we will recover your remains as soon as we can.

The rest of Autumn passed quietly. The traders outside gave us some extra protection in the form of their guards, so we didn't have to worry about attacks from the east. I ordered the tunnel to the chasm closed off for now. Maybe in the future we can cross it and see what's on the other side.

Winter is dull. We can't go outside because of the cold, so we've been passing the time naming the various batmen we spot.
Skaw is happily working away making mechanisms and levers. I'm not sure what most of them do, but it keeps him out of trouble and that makes me happy.
The past year has been draining, but I think we're safe for now. I've decided to pass the mantle of leadership on to Vox Nihili, our armorer. Once Winter breaks I want to personally recover Nemo's remains.. her death was my fault, and the fact her bones are still out there on the hill gnaws away at me.
Hopefully I can give her the burial she deserves.

End of year one

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Buschmaki posted:

The Chronicles of Syrupleaf

Excerpts from the diary of Spoonboy Rakusturrith, Weaponsmith.

Spring, year one:

The wagon is stuck. The left rear wheel is broken. Our carpenter, Skaw, says it is unrepairable. I asked him to make a new one, given the abundance of wood we were carrying. Somehow he never learned to make a wheel. Will have stern words with his master when I return home. If we ever do return.
Our hunter, Nemo, is about to go and look for some food. I told her we have plenty, but she still insists on going. She apparently saw a mole nearby that looked "delicious". I told her not to wander too far. There are strange noises coming from the valley to the east. I do not dare peek over the edge in case whatever is down there sees me.
It seems it went well, Nemo is calling out to us.
But what the hell are th-

Armok help us! I just saw Nemo die. Even now, as I hide here behind the wagon, scratching away at this journal, it flashes before my eyes.
Nemo, standing proudly over the slain mole, waving.. But then a fluttering of leathery wings..
..claws and fangs and screams and blood oh Armok the blood! They tore her apart like she was made of paper!
Alas, poor Nemo.. I should never have let her go off on her own.
I made everyone else abandon the wagon for now. I'll stay hidden here until it's safe to recover our supplies..
..and our dead friend.

I have ordered our miners to start digging a safe distance away from the wagon. While they're doing that, the rest of us are moving what supplies we can safely grab to the new location.
A group of troglodytes are massing around Nemo's corpse. I think they're looking for us. Or maybe they're just attracted by the smell of death. Armok save us all.

Progress is being made on the dig. The rest of us work on building a rudimentary wall with the stone. We are not skilled masons but it should be good enough to keep the troglodytes at bay. Moving the supplies to the new location continues to be dangerous work. Several times we've had to drop what we were carrying and sprint back to the safety of the dig. I just pray we can get everything set up before the weather worsens. This is a particularly inhospitable part of the world.

Spotted a couple of the creatures that killed Nemo today. They appear to be half man, half bat.. some sort of Armok-damned batman. They're constantly on the move, flying around the area. So far they haven't spotted us, but it's only a matter of time.
In other news, Skaw claimed he saw a flying cow.. I'm not sure what it was, but it certainly wasn't a cow. Perhaps a giant cave swallow, or a robin. I'm starting to worry about that boy. I get the felling he's not altogether there in the head.

Suspicions confirmed - found Skaw sleeping outside today. I'm convinced he's gone a bit strange. Will have a chat to him once things are a bit more organised. Just thankful nothing found him while he was asleep.
Apart from that, Summer has arrived. Though the weather does not seem to be getting any warmer. Things seem to be progressing well. We haven't had any more attacks, and most of the supplies have been moved inside the wall.

I had ordered our miners to dig west, in order to get as deep into the mountain as possible, but they ran into what appears to be a bottomless chasm. Thinking we might be safer on the other side, I ordered the construction of a bridge, but no sooner had the bridge been completed when..
..THREE batmen came swooping in. They chased Rincebrain down the corridor..
..but then two of them inexplicably ran away! Armok be praised. The final batman charged into the main room..
Only to be torn apart by a couple of our dogs!
Were these the same creatures that had made mincemeat of Nemo?
Thoroughly confused, I ordered bobtheturd to go and finish the work on the other side of the chasm. He encountered one of the batmen, but instead of running back to the safety of the dogs, he decided to take a swing with his pick..
..and killed it, suffering only minor injuries!
It seems like the batmen aren't so bad after all.

Autumn has arrived, and along with it a caravan.
But they weren't carrying anything of interest. I had given Skaw a mechanic's workshop to play around with, since he seemed to like tinkering and it kept him out of trouble, so I traded some of the mechanisms he had made for some cheese.
Food will be an issue in the future.. With our hunter dead, and no water to irrigate a farm, we will have to make do with what the caravans bring us for the time being. Of course, we also have one less mouth to feed. Rest in peace, Nemo. I swear we will recover your remains as soon as we can.

The rest of Autumn passed quietly. The traders outside gave us some extra protection in the form of their guards, so we didn't have to worry about attacks from the east. I ordered the tunnel to the chasm closed off for now. Maybe in the future we can cross it and see what's on the other side.

Winter is dull. We can't go outside because of the cold, so we've been passing the time naming the various batmen we spot.
Skaw is happily working away making mechanisms and levers. I'm not sure what most of them do, but it keeps him out of trouble and that makes me happy.
The past year has been draining, but I think we're safe for now. I've decided to pass the mantle of leadership on to Vox Nihili, our armorer. Once Winter breaks I want to personally recover Nemo's remains.. her death was my fault, and the fact her bones are still out there on the hill gnaws away at me.
Hopefully I can give her the burial she deserves.

End of year one

I loving hate you!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i would like to announce my gbs 1.4 dwarf fortress succession game

coming soon

when i feel like it

feller
Jul 5, 2006

mr.capps posted:

i would like to announce my gbs 1.4 dwarf fortress succession game

coming soon

when i feel like it

once happens when your dwarf dies? do you rp his son or something

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Omelette du Fromage posted:

once happens when your dwarf dies? do you rp his son or something

succession games are this weird thing where one person plays the fortress for a year, then posts the save online and the next player on the list plays for a year and so on.

most rp as dwarves in the fortress, some come up with other weird gimmicks

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
does anyone know how to mod dwarf fortress so we can put bendymen in as monster for the gbs lp?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this is the journal of dwarf goku, overseer of the fortress

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

its a jerk playing a game instead of you playing a game.

"instead?"

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I don't try to make money because I have played a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Furious
Jan 11, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN

Autarchic Flux posted:

Surprised no one's mentioned A Grand Don't Come For Free yet.

one of the good ones

• Locked thread