Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Skilleddk
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

hey guys, not my first EN thread but I need some advice again. I dunno how to put all of this short but it's mostly about work and relationships?

quick info: 24, male, recently unemployed, virgoon , not bad looking, kinda strong (workout log http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3549414 )

I just quit my job two weeks ago. It was just too much stress to handle. I worked in a small transport company, officially as an assistant to my boss but in reality I had to handle loving everything. Invoices, orders, bookings, customer service, planning... oh and we had some idiots in the warehouse so I had to take care of that too.
My workdays were from 8 am to 5pm officially, but often I had to come in early and leave late just because I had to loving much to do. Then off to the gym for a hard workout and on a good day I'd be home at 10pm, on a bad day I'd come home in the middle of the loving night. On saturdays I'd work usually from around 11 to 18 (when we finished loading the trucks). On sundays it was lighter, I usually got home at 14-15 which meant I had just enough time to clean my apartament, do the laundry and cook my food for the coming week. Oh and I had a workphone where our drivers / clients could reach me 24/7, which they often did. I was stressed out and in the end mouthed off some of our customers back in December. I told my boss I was stressed out and wanted to quit, he begged me to reconsider and gave me my first "longer" vacation. Two weeks, I went skiing in Austria with my dad and it was cool. I came back and all the loving work was dumped onto me. The idiots I worked with did nothing correctly and all the loving customers were complaining and telling me to fix it (some pallets of goods were forgotten, some were even LOST I don't loving get it). I told them to gently caress off that I was on vacation during that time, so we lost them as customers too. I just straight up told my boss I'm quitting and he has to find a replacement and I'll stay as long as he needs me.

in April I applied for college courses (this will be important a bit later). I have a bachelors degree in Transports but gently caress that, I like sports so I applied to some sports programs. PLus I wanna be a student again.

Alright so two weeks ago I was finally let go. Inbetween I just went to work and gym like an emotionless drone just doing the least effort required to get a good recommendation from my boss. At first I'd be replaced by one person, guess how many he has now? Four loving people

Today I got the results from my college applications: DENIED. On a reserve list, and unlikely to get in. Hence this thread. I had hoped getting into school would be my "social life" ticket. In highschool I was a fat loser so I didn't get laid. In college I was the young guy (started at 17) so I didn't get laid. After college I got this poo poo loving job and absolutely didn't get laid.

I have lots of money saved up (could live off it for two-three years) and am actually enjoying unemployment. I'm getting up early in the morning for a walk, track my calories / macros, go to the beach with friends, keep my apartament tidy... Play lots of video games. But most important of all, my strenght is finally developing again. For example in december I stalled at a 200 deadlift, and now in july I'm finally past it and hit 202,5. Absolutely pathetic that I'd only gain 2,5kg in more than half a year, but it gave me a confidence boost. I'm actually meeting a girl tomorrow, which I haven't done for five years I think.

So now that I didn't get into school, but don't want to go to work, what is there for me to do? Wait it out until the winter applications and hope I'll get in then? Or be a good boy and find me another transport job and burn out even harder. I turn to the internet because all the advice I've got from my parents is to FIND A loving JOB RIGHT NOW, in an angry tone. Not that I really care about their opinion but they have our two dogs who I love more than anything in this world

Worst thing of all, me quitting the job set off some kinda chain reaction in my friends. Some of them quit their jobs too and applied for college, and of course their facebooks today are all "I GOT IN". What do I tell them lol, congrats mate I didn't get in gg well played? I guess I should have studied in high school and not played World of Warcraft for ten hours a day.

tldr: hated job, applied to college. quit job, enjoying unemployment but didn't get in college. What do I do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Go to a community college for a bit and then transfer. Their entry requirements are usually lower (down to "probably has a pulse") and if you do well there, you'll probably get in wherever you applied before. Most colleges ask for an essay of some sort, so when you apply again, put down how much you've worked to improve yourself and how that's shown in your grades from the community college because you've always wanted to pursue X and you'd really love the opportunity to do so with them.

Think very hard about paying for a sports program, though. If you're counting on a degree to improve your employment opportunities, the days of "any degree is fine" are long gone. On the other hand, if you're just going for personal enjoyment and don't mind the expense, feel free to apply to whatever program you want.

Edit: I missed that you already had a degree. That makes it harder. Maybe volunteer for a non-profit org? You can meet lots of people that way and it'd be good for a future application.

Kreeblah fucked around with this message at Jul 12, 2014 around 00:56

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

I clicked on one of your photos and it looks like your back is really spotty and slimy.

Straker
Nov 10, 2005

professional sex-haver

do a clinical trial and get $250+ a day to sit around playing video games for a week or three, or take some online classes or whatever, sounds like you need a break. you'll have to stop lifting for a bit though

even got a covance (http://us.testwiththebest.com/ , I'm inpatient right now!) banner ad on this post page, loving weird!

natetimm
May 24, 2007

Winner #3 of the 2k14 #Gamergate Shit Show
Do not talk to me if your a SJW MRA PUA fucktarded Shitlord, (PS: GJ on ruining videogame journalism twitter drama MODS).

Get a new job, every job isn't going to be like your last one. You wanting to go back to school for sports(lol) and because you want to be a student with no repsonsibility is infantile to say the least. Don't stop being an adult because of one lovely situation. You can't go back, only forward. If you really want to go to school so badly, do it at night when you get your new job.

cactuscarpet
Sep 12, 2011

I don't even know what rasta means.

From what I remember this guy lives in Sweden or something.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

I am a sick man... I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I believe my liver is diseased.

If you didn't have your ideal college sexperience the first time I don't know why you think you would a second go around.

Just get a not-lovely job and do online dating or something jeez

natetimm
May 24, 2007

Do not talk to me if your a SJW MRA PUA fucktarded Shitlord, (PS: GJ on ruining videogame journalism twitter drama MODS).

cactuscarpet posted:

From what I remember this guy lives in Sweden or something.

Even still he's just looking to go back in time.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I too am totally surprised your parents don't want you sitting on your arse doing fuckall. Get a job, rear end in a top hat.

Skilleddk
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

Yea my skin is pretty bad but what can I do about it? I've done several rounds of roaccutane, I exercise and eat clean. It's mostly scars anyway

I live in Sweden, community college doesn't exist but at least we don't have to pay for our education.

Honestly I think my best option is to chill out during the summer and then get work on a ferry (which I've done before) until winter applications are open

natetimm
May 24, 2007

Skilleddk posted:

Yea my skin is pretty bad but what can I do about it? I've done several rounds of roaccutane, I exercise and eat clean. It's mostly scars anyway

I live in Sweden, community college doesn't exist but at least we don't have to pay for our education.

Honestly I think my best option is to chill out during the summer and then get work on a ferry (which I've done before) until winter applications are open

Good luck retreating from adult life.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

I am a sick man... I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I believe my liver is diseased.

Skilleddk posted:

yeah extended adolescence sounds super cool to me too. i hope you have all the sex you always wanted as a "sports" major op.

best wishes.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012
BEFORE ENGANGING WITH ME LET ME REMIND YOU THAT I WAS BANNED FROM FYAD FOR BEING A RACIST FUCK

Maybe its because I have a soul but I wouldn't be able to face my friends, family, and neighbors if I made them pay for that.

cactuscarpet
Sep 12, 2011

In all likelihood "sports" means physical education or sports management.

JibbaJabberwocky
Aug 14, 2010

Get another job that is related to your degree. Not every job is going to be as hosed up as your previous job. That level of incompetent management seems hard to match. Since going back to school isn't a valid option at this point, you should look for a job like your parents have been telling you to do.

the chief v2
Apr 15, 2010

You should have had your boss promote you to manager/director of whatever you were doing and hire the 3 people underneath you. Really maybe you can still do this because you have a lot of knowledge the new employees don't. I have a stressful job too so I understand the appeal of having no responsibilities and wanting a less stressful position, but you don't want to regress in life. You didn't get laid because of you, don't blame it on external factors. Going back to school is cool if you want a career change but don't do it because you're trying to recreate an experience you didn't get the first time.

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

Why is Donald Duck naked in public at the beach, why is he so horny wih a hard-on big as a horse, why is he masturbating in front of a big crowd of people who are pointing, teasing and laughing at him and showing off their huge tongues at him? Males and females welcome. Anthros only.

Rolled Cabbage
Sep 3, 2006

the chief v2 posted:

You should have had your boss promote you to manager/director of whatever you were doing and hire the 3 people underneath you. Really maybe you can still do this because you have a lot of knowledge the new employees don't. I have a stressful job too so I understand the appeal of having no responsibilities and wanting a less stressful position, but you don't want to regress in life. You didn't get laid because of you, don't blame it on external factors. Going back to school is cool if you want a career change but don't do it because you're trying to recreate an experience you didn't get the first time.

This was never going to happen. Their boss doesn't like them and doesn't believe that they work hard/enough. If the boss were sensible they wouldn't have let the situation get this far.

I don't know what it is about transport, but in my experience it's like the restaurant stereotype... everyone is crazy, drunk and lovely. I know a transport manager that has made >25 people quit in the last two years from her section and 6 from other loving departments.

OP is there anything in your job you enjoyed that's not the transport bit? Project management? Accouting? HR? Why not use some of the cash you've got saved to get a smaller/quicker qualification, get a new job and think about what you would like do with your sports program if you had it? It may be tempting to blow all of your savings now, but what if you get into school, do your course and decide you want to open your own physiotherapy business? Or need to get some extra professional cert or apprenticeship?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Why the gently caress was you working 60+ hours 7 days a week in Sweden? You realise there are laws there protecting your right to two paid days off a week (be it a weekend or varying days) and to a maximum of 48 hours work a week (excluding unpaid lunch breaks) right? And protected by strong employment laws?

When you get a new job read up on your rights and enforce them. Slight lapses are one thing but you was being worked like a loving dog. I assumed you was in some hellhole with at will employment.

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

If you still want to go back to school, you need to do something to strengthen your application. Applying again in a few months won't really help you if you don't have anything more to offer.

Is it possible to just take a few classes at a university without being matriculated? It is in the US - that's what a lot of people do to boost their grades, get letters of recommendation from professors, etc. Look into it.

KierkegaardsHo
Mar 21, 2004

Three, six, nine; damn she fine,
Let me see ya sock it to me one more time

Thug Lyfe

Steampunk iPhone posted:

Why is Donald Duck naked in public at the beach, why is he so horny wih a hard-on big as a horse, why is he masturbating in front of a big crowd of people who are pointing, teasing and laughing at him and showing off their huge tongues at him? Males and females welcome. Anthros only.

Of 10+ years on these forums, you are far and away my favorite poster of all time.

Skilleddk posted:

Today I got the results from my college applications: DENIED. On a reserve list, and unlikely to get in. Hence this thread. I had hoped getting into school would be my "social life" ticket. In highschool I was a fat loser so I didn't get laid. In college I was the young guy (started at 17) so I didn't get laid. After college I got this poo poo loving job and absolutely didn't get laid.

Introducing KierkegaardsHo's Guide to Getting Laid!

1) Can't be laid? Talk to a girl like a human being! It is a common misconception that girls are thoughtless bags of hormones who have an involuntary leg-spreading response to MRAs, Red Pillers, and weight lifters!
2) Be interesting. Are you a boring sack of poo poo? Humans find little more interesting than talking about themselves!
3) Be funny. Are you dull as gently caress? Carefully watch some very funny people on Youtube, and literally copy their jokes! Just make sure they actually apply to your situation.
4) Don't be a loving pussy. You have to make the move. You will be shot down sometimes. Grow a pair.

Skilleddk posted:

in April I applied for college courses (this will be important a bit later). I have a bachelors degree in Transports but gently caress that, I like sports so I applied to some sports programs. PLus I wanna be a student again.

Today I got the results from my college applications: DENIED. On a reserve list, and unlikely to get in. Hence this thread. I had hoped getting into school would be my "social life" ticket.

Introducing KierkegaardsHo's Guide to Getting Back into School!

1) You got rejected by every school? Here's a thought! Go talk to the schools and see why they rejected you, and what you can do to prevent this in the future.
2) Follow their advice, not advice you hear on the internet.
3) Maintain a relationship with the admissions staff at the schools at which you want to attend!

Skilleddk posted:

tldr: hated job, applied to college. quit job, enjoying unemployment but didn't get in college. What do I do

Introducing KierkegaardsHo's Guide to Dealing with Life by Asking People on the Internet for Advice!

1) Your life sucks, and your best plan is to ask about it on the internet? Try killing yourself!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

KierkegaardsHo posted:

Of 10+ years on these forums, you are far and away my favorite poster of all time.

1) Can't be laid? Talk to a girl like a human being! It is a common misconception that girls are thoughtless bags of hormones who have an involuntary leg-spreading response to MRAs, Red Pillers, and weight lifters!
2) Be interesting. Are you a boring sack of poo poo? Humans find little more interesting than talking about themselves!
3) Be funny. Are you dull as gently caress? Carefully watch some very funny people on Youtube, and literally copy their jokes! Just make sure they actually apply to your situation.
4) Don't be a loving pussy. You have to make the move. You will be shot down sometimes. Grow a pair.

1) You got rejected by every school? Here's a thought! Go talk to the schools and see why they rejected you, and what you can do to prevent this in the future.
3) Maintain a relationship with the admissions staff at the schools at which you want to attend!

Introducing KierkegaardsHo's Guide to Dealing with Life by Asking People on the Internet for Advice!

1) Your life sucks, and your best plan is to ask about it on the internet? Try killing yourself!

Stfu

Also op chill for now and get back on your grind

cactuscarpet
Sep 12, 2011

KierkegaardsHo posted:

Try killing yourself!

You first you obnoxious poo poo

Yad Rock
Mar 1, 2005

KierkegaardsHo posted:

OP, do not take advice on how to be funny or interesting from someone who is neither.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Physical education is a degree for athletes who are going to drop out to turn pro. Are you going to be a pro athlete OP?

Skilleddk
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

Masonity posted:

Why the gently caress was you working 60+ hours 7 days a week in Sweden? You realise there are laws there protecting your right to two paid days off a week (be it a weekend or varying days) and to a maximum of 48 hours work a week (excluding unpaid lunch breaks) right? And protected by strong employment laws?

When you get a new job read up on your rights and enforce them. Slight lapses are one thing but you was being worked like a loving dog. I assumed you was in some hellhole with at will employment.

I know that it was super illegal but what could I do about it? It's Sweden, young people are hosed over and have to take anything. It started off okay with normal 8h per day, it's when the company was going under I had to step in and do everything myself

Also to clarify "sports" I don't mean I intend to kick off a sports career at the age of 24 (lol). I just want to work in a business that's sports related, or run a gym or something.

For the people who write I'm just running from adult life and responsibilities, duh. Of course I am, and why shouldn't I if I have the means?

I spoke with my parents today and they seemed much cooler than last time. If I don't get in as a reserve I'm gonna take some extra courses and write a swedish equivalent to an SAT.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012
BEFORE ENGANGING WITH ME LET ME REMIND YOU THAT I WAS BANNED FROM FYAD FOR BEING A RACIST FUCK

why the gently caress do you need a degree to run a gym? Just admit it, you want to go back to being a kid at the expense of your friends and family. Might as well just spit in their face.

KierkegaardsHo
Mar 21, 2004

Three, six, nine; damn she fine,
Let me see ya sock it to me one more time

Thug Lyfe

Yad Rock posted:

OP, do not take advice on how to be funny or interesting from someone who is neither.

Goddamnit, you're right, I read my post again and it sucked balls. Ignore me.

Skilleddk posted:

For the people who write I'm just running from adult life and responsibilities, duh. Of course I am, and why shouldn't I if I have the means?

Personally, I wish I had started to take life seriously earlier. I spent much of my 20s running from responsibility, and it was largely because I didn't think I could handle being responsible. But adult responsibilities were only scary until I tried them out and discovered that I actually could be successful at them. I very, very much prefer my "responsible" life over the life I led previously.

KierkegaardsHo fucked around with this message at Jul 13, 2014 around 16:45

adult black male
May 6, 2014

Skilleddk posted:

all the loving customers were complaining and telling me to fix it (some pallets of goods were forgotten, some were even LOST I don't loving get it). I told them to gently caress off that I was on vacation during that time, so we lost them as customers too.

lol look at what a baby you are. get a job and try not to be such an rear end in a top hat the next time around

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

kinda strong is like putting kinda good at video games under info about yourself. it's for nobody but yourself and from what you've told us you need to be focusing on not making lovely decisions about your life.

natetimm
May 24, 2007

If there's anything a pockmarked, mid-20s virgin should do with himself it's retreat back to college life and be the too-old, creepy guy at all the social functions. Just save yourself the agony of the next few years and smash your dick with a wooden mallet right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

how much do you think this sweaty ceo is worth?

Agreed, anyone who is a virgin past 18 should be castrated.