Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Who knows.

If this brilliant scheme of running the halftime show gig as pay-to-play manages to fail to win any popular act because said acts have figured out that you don't make a lot of money if you have to pay to play, then maybe we could hope for Faith No More or Weird Al. I know I'd tune in to watch either one, but given their recent reunion gigs, I doubt FNM is playing the Super Bowl unless it's played in Europe.

Pay to play. I can't believe the NFL thinks it can get away with being so ridiculously, transparently greedy. I'd tune in to watch Weird Al. I'd tune in to watch Faith No More. poo poo, I'd tune in to watch anyone! I even watch the game.

oh yeah, that's how they're going to get away with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

caligulamprey posted:

Anthony Kedis slipped a note to officials that said "No Mike Patton."

Motherfucker holds a grudge.
That guy can not take a joke that he deserved for being an rear end in a top hat in the first place.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

achillesforever6 posted:

Once again my dreams of a Faith No More half time show are ruined, I mean gently caress they had the Red Hot Chili Pepper last Superbowl this is bullshit! :argh:

Lol if you think Mike Patton would ever do a pre recorded show anyway.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

achillesforever6 posted:

Once again my dreams of a Faith No More half time show are ruined, I mean gently caress they had the Red Hot Chili Pepper last Superbowl this is bullshit! :argh:

poo poo, I read this first as Faith + 1.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Harminoff posted:

Lol if you think Mike Patton would ever do a pre recorded show anyway.
Yeah it would be great if instead of Faith No More it was just Mike Patton doing Litany IV for 12 minutes, drat it that would be great to see people react.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Got a surprising extra morsel of Al today, Audible have a free collection of short stories featuring Drizzt (DnD antihero) read by a cast including Al. Not heard his yet but I figure there would be interest for novelty value. Ice-T reads one too.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
So I finally heard the whole album, and drat. There's some really good poo poo here. A few misses, but wow. Tacky, Word Crimes and Foil were especially hilarious. I can't help but wonder where Al will go from here now that his major label contract is over and he seems uninterested in signing a new one.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Fenrir posted:

So I finally heard the whole album, and drat. There's some really good poo poo here. A few misses, but wow. Tacky, Word Crimes and Foil were especially hilarious. I can't help but wonder where Al will go from here now that his major label contract is over and he seems uninterested in signing a new one.

He's just going to release videos for songs as they come out and get popular so he can stay up to date instead of releasing parodies like "Word Crimes" a year after the song is culturally relevant. Al was made for YouTube.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

He really ought to hook up with someone like the Earwolf Network, start his own podcast, and release his music that way. I've heard him on plenty of podcasts before and he's been consistently great, plus he used to be a DJ way back in the day.

edit: Also, the MTV Video Music Awards are tonight and rumor has it that Al is going to show up as a surprise guest at some point.

This Is the Zodiac fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 24, 2014

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
So Weird Al sung some theme songs. And it was amazing. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhiJ7gIvgSw

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

TinTower posted:

So Weird Al sung some theme songs. And it was amazing. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhiJ7gIvgSw

Up until the GoT one it was pretty lame-o award show stuff, but holy poo poo the game of thrones one was awesome. Also, cute GRRM getting a typewriter <3

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

All I could think of during the Game of Thrones song was South Park's lyrics to that song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjzC2DRgEo4

Dire Chinchilla
Mar 27, 2013
As much as I love Weird Al, this was embarassing. He must have taken no more than 10 minutes to write the entire thing.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Dire Chinchilla posted:

As much as I love Weird Al, this was embarassing. He must have taken no more than 10 minutes to write the entire thing.

I mean, knowing these award shows, they probably had sixteen old white men responsible for okaying every single word that came out of his mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Dire Chinchilla posted:

Yeah, I didn't really enjoy it... except for the Game of Thrones one. That one was okay. The others were cringe-inducing.

I feel like it might have worked if he had done it as Polka-medley.

• Locked thread