Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

The Carbon Tax posted:

If someone asked if I would be afraid of an unarmed child, I would say no, because I would be picturing something like

So we SHOULD be afraid of unarmed black kids/teenagers/young adults or whatever the gently caress will satisfy your shithead pedantry? You're a loving child.

OP, you probably should have posted in this thread instead of making a new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

The Carbon Tax posted:

I didn't mention race at all you utter fuckwits. I'm just saying why, if the OP intends to convince his mother of something, this argument is a loser. Now I remember why I stopped reading this cesspool of SJW-ness.

For the record I don't give a poo poo what the color of your skin is, I would be more intimidated by a 17yo white guy dressed as a thug then I would by a 17yo black guy dressed nicely. I'm sure D&D can twist that statement into making me a racist somehow.

:qq: "For the record I'm a huge crybaby and totally not a racist because white youths scare me more than black ones for some inexplicable reason, why won't the D&D social justice warrior hivemind leave me alone?" :qq:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Engaging The Crybaby Tax's argument for even one moment, we're not trying to be specific, we're trying to convince some goon's racist mom that Trayvon Martin wasn't a thug and a gangbanger. For all intents and purposes, "child" is the superior nomenclature because it has pathos, and that's on top of being technically correct. I mean, ask Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin if they considered their 17 year-old son a child.

OP, tell your mom that the burden of evidence isn't to disprove Trayvon Martin was whatever stereotype for black urban youth is roiling around in that vacuous head of hers, but to prove that he was one from the initial position of him not being whatever. In little kid terms, "innocent until proven guilty".

As for establishing that George Zimmerman is a violent shithead, he's been charged with aggravated assault, domestic violence and battery as recent as winter of last year.

• Locked thread