Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
#punk4lyfe #punkdiedagain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Well holy poo poo.

The most meta X is dead thread yet.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Im sure they influenced a lot of actually GOOD bands but, by crikey, the Ramones are poo poo.

edit: Were.

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Fabulousity posted:

Well holy poo poo.

The most meta X is dead thread yet.

He actually died after I thought about posting this. hosed up but true.

I should use this power for good, but that sounds boring.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Gabba gabba tee-weet?

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Blitzkreig Bop? LOL Fag music.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
New York punk was bad and so was the accompanying New York art-school rock

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
3 out of 4 ramones died of cancer, and the oldest only made it to 62

drat

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
all of their songs I heard were about nazis

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006
I thought punk died in the 80's

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Marky was better, but Tommy was there first. I stopped counting after the fourteenth time I saw them, and the best nights of my life was opening for them a couple times the tour before Dee Dee left. They were great guys, except for maybe Johnny who was too much of a pissed off republican to be fun.

Rapman the Cook posted:

Im sure they influenced a lot of actually GOOD bands but, by crikey, the Ramones are poo poo.

edit: Were.

Wow. In a world full of dumb people, I commend you for grabbing the word and really owning it.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

the republican ramone

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gif7FTTwL5Q

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
What pisses me off is how many younguns wear ramones t shirts these days just to look 'edgy' when most have probably never heard a ramones track in their life thus i can no longer wear a ramones t myself or ill be labelled another poseur. Ramones is the new nirvana in this way. P.s. the ramones pet sematry will be my funeral song.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

What pisses me off is how many younguns wear ramones t shirts these days just to look 'edgy' when most have probably never heard a ramones track in their life thus i can no longer wear a ramones t myself or ill be labelled another poseur. Ramones is the new nirvana in this way. P.s. the ramones pet sematry will be my funeral song.

its a funny ole world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BC-blj-3dY

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

what do you care what people wear and who thinks a ramones shirt is edgy

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

ps what if your deaf gf wore one

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

yes because when we were kids we never ever wore shirts for bands we didn't know anything about :o:

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Cucking Mama posted:

ps what if your deaf gf wore one

good question id know for a 'fact' she had never heard the Ramones in her life thus proving my earlier point and order her to take it off immediately

e: but not before farting on her face obviously

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

funny because one of the leading causes of deafness in the 70s-90s is the Ramones

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
twombley rambo
toffee hambones
tommy ramowned
toddly tramblo

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

:rip:

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Punk may be dead, but the names of punk will live on in the form of overpriced merch sold at Hot Topic.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
man i loved that song bitchen camaro

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lonely moaner

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
:smith:

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Frankenstyle posted:

the best nights of my life was opening for them a couple times the tour before Dee Dee left. They were great guys, except for maybe Johnny who was too much of a pissed off republican to be fun.

do you have something you want to share with the class.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Troll Bridgington posted:

Punk may be dead, but the names of punk will live on in the form of overpriced merch sold at Hot Topic.

I've actually noticed Punk's lately been mutated into something resembling more the anything-goes stuff of what it used to be when it first started though since the media-stereotyped image of punk has mostly worn out. Probably a byproduct of kids doing their music history homework and the open field for experimentation these days or something.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Spacedad posted:

I've actually noticed Punk's lately been mutated into something resembling more the anything-goes stuff of what it used to be when it first started though since the media-stereotyped image of punk has mostly worn out. Probably a byproduct of kids doing their music history homework and the open field for experimentation these days or something.

fidlar sing about being a loser with pieces of poo poo friends whose always hosed up on drugs which I can dig

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Oh the thread isn't lying :(

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
In loving memory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ4EGWFio_4

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Personperson14 posted:

Oh the thread isn't lying :(

I never lie. RIP in peace

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem
I saw Tommy Ramone play Blitzkrieg Bop with Fall Out Boy after Pete Wentz yelled at the crowd for not liking The Melvins.

The real problem was that I was dragged to a Fall Out Boy concert.

e: Never mind, it was Marky.

TransatlanticFoe fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jul 12, 2014

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

pretty punk

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

3 out of 4 ramones died of cancer, and the oldest only made it to 62

drat

Tommy was 65. But yeah, it's the saddest day for punk since CBGB's closed. Hey ho, they've gone. :(

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
so what band was he in

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

chuck berry will not die until everyone else does

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

punk isnt dead its just in pittsburgh

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
I have a cool kickstarter open source mashup shirt thats the Ramones, Misfits and Che all in one....Brb my IIPA Hefe is about ready...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
nananananana I wanna be cremated

• Locked thread