Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you want to win this 3rd place match?
This poll is closed.
The Netherlands 218 85.83%
Brazil 36 14.17%
Total: 254 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Maoist Pussy posted:

David Luiz is so, so talented and yet such a useless, mentally weak liability.

If he was younger, I'd say he'd grow out of it. But at 27, he's just a volcano waiting to erupt. Erupt in a goofy looking flailing of limbs, much like his hair. His attempt at angry fouling was something I'd expect from a teenager who couldn't actually play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
David Luiz exists in the twilight zone for a footballer where he is relatively technically capable for a defender but not sufficiently so to play in any other position. He's very strong and relatively fast which is enough to defend competently most of the time as long as he plays alongside disciplines defenders but at the end of the day he's really a bad defender.

Benitez and Mourinho, two of the world's most accomplished defensive-minded managers, have both opted to play John Terry and Branislav 'not a center-back' Ivanovic ahead of Luiz, that should have given Scolari something to chew over but apparently he preferred to buy into the myth. The defensive midfielder experiment was also a failure as the dude just loves punting balls forward and giving away possession.

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Montasque posted:

Joga Finito

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

IIRC, there was also a Croatia goal disallowed under questionable circumstances in that game.

That wasn't really questionable, clearly a foul on the keeper. OTOH you had Neymar elbowing Modric square in the face, on purpose. He got a yellow for that, but a straight red would be the proper call. Now imagine Brazil, a goal down, with ten men, Neymar out for that game and the next one against Mexico. They would be out in the group stage.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I enjoyed Luiz yelling at everybody else after he beautifully set up Netherlands 2nd goal.

• Locked thread