Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That pop for Nikita Koloff when he comes to Dusty's aid, holy poo poo :allears:

My Grandpa loved wrestling and got fully into it, while my Dad was entertained by it but in a very bemused "this is obviously fake" way. In the latter years of his life when I'd visit my Grandpa we'd always talk about whatever was going on in wrestling at the time, and he'd end every conversation with,"Ahhh I know it's all bullshit but I don't even care."

Good for you, Grandpa :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

21 Hoot Salute posted:

I went into a wcw.com chatroom and asked everyone how they thought Lex Luger got Sting to join the Wolfpac

The responses forever ruined young 21 Hoot Salute :smith:

The saddest Nitro Party :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

When I was a kid I read a little paragraph in some newspaper about how all the good guy wrestlers would go out drinking with the bad guy wrestlers after shows (Jim Cornette must have had a heart attack) and remember feeling this sinking sense of,"Oh so it's all fake?" but then I read the list of wrestlers they mentioned in the article and noticed that Ted Dibiase wasn't included in the list.

Aha! I decided, so yeah sure some of it is faked but everybody really DOES hate The Million Dollar Man and THAT is real!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The_Rob posted:

I remember I had one of the ECW home video's that had the sandman vs Raven in the barbed wire match, and I was watching it at a friends house and his sister tried to tell us that the blood was cgi. I just remember thinking that was a particularly funny instance of someone just refusing to admit that something in wrestling might be real.

We asked about the crowd watching and she told us that they were just playing along.

I remember my sister watching a Hogan match back in the 80s and laughing uproariously before smugly telling me that it was obvious that Hogan was holding a beanbag in his hand so that it wouldn't hurt when he punched his opponent :laugh:

• Locked thread