Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how to make something awful relevant again
we bring the bendymen meme to the next level
we become a cult
we create brand new memes
try to get FYAD in the DSM-IV
we generate funny content
we invade other websites (lame)
make d list celebrities eat poultry
one of us gets really famous and talks about how great something awful is
we rebrand something awful into something more trendy
merchandise
create a something awful documentary
make a series of televison ads called "I am a goon" in which we talk to a camera and talk about why we joined something awful (kinda goes with the cult idea)
buy obama an account
do a lets play of the new donga rappa game or whatever the gently caress those are called
something involving goku
a car wash fundwaiser
save our chest hair into the something awful grenade logo
create a something awful video game filled with unfunny jokes, basically duke nukem but with fat neckbeards
build a large structure that rivals the pyramids
try to find a way to become a nation
cause a war
make putty form a boy band
something involving skeletons those are popular now for some reason
give up
fart
View Results

• Locked thread
Beige
Sep 13, 2004
need more real americans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Trees and Squids posted:

i dont think i really comprehended much of your post and its contents but i agree. i think we should get a bunch of goons together and buy a massive amount of cheap detroit real estate to develop and inhabit. a cuck friendly society awaits u.

Buy building, get lawyer to make all goons who move in classified as disabled. Get everyone on food stamps housing etc. Have building owner use all the profits from free government rent money they get, to buy more buildings repeat.

It'll be like section 8 housing only with worse residents.

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

dontcareaboutname posted:

Buy building, get lawyer to make all goons who move in classified as disabled. Get everyone on food stamps housing etc. Have building owner use all the profits from free government rent money they get, to buy more buildings repeat.

It'll be like section 8 housing only with worse residents.

the building must be mostly/entirely basement or crawlspace

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
it'll work as long as we just make ourselves a democrat voting block.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Change domain to aw.fl

Add social media integration and an upvote/downvote system.

Create a revenue sharing scheme for top posters.

Rather than charging for membership, sell users personal info to advertisers.

Also make FYAD invite only.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
Make tv show, and just have it be goons meeting and for the first time and then 45 mins of the kind of awkwardness tv execs love. Put it on mtv and get Tosh to host it.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Make tv show, and just have it be goons meeting and for the first time and then 45 mins of the kind of awkwardness tv execs love. Put it on mtv and get Tosh to host it.

this would do it

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
we could also do like a show hosted by a mcduche that's just a white van pulling up to a house and kidnapping a goon and a hour of them trying to make a goon a normal human and failing. Put it on TLC after my strange addiction.

Do a comic book guys like tv show but have it be at a Neckbeard gaming store, and have it be about grown men fighting over pokemon. Or, make it like pawnstars and just talk about old out dated pnp games people bring in to sell.

Get some goons and make a new real world, and put it on syfy.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Beauty and the Goon

Tirius
Aug 16, 2007

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
Voted something involving goku, but it wasn't quite the same as actually voting goku, ya know?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
Pay anthony bourdain, to spend a month of his life tying to teach goons how to cook.

Put goons on the discovery health channel and make a show called how soon will i die.

Goon camp 2 the miniseries.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

honestly, campaigning against improving mental healthcare availability is the only thing that's going to save SA. vote republican if you love these forums

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Listen, Goku goes on the bottom and you should use checkbox whenever possible. How can we become relevant if we can't do a drat poll properly?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

i am so loving sick of goku

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
I don't see why we would want something awful to be relevant? why not make something good relevant instead?

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

A misanthrope posted:

i am so loving sick of goku

can u feel my solidarity with u? feel it man. feel it. i know it was hard to make a post outing yourself like that but ive got your back

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
gohan's pants?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

gooncon 2015

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
realtalk: I would rather cut my own dick off than ever go to any kind of gooncon

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
i know what will bring ppl flocking to sa: doobie dog house threads, and more megathreads in heneral. i love goin into a megathread and not recognizing a single poster qnd seein all kinds of boring rear end posts . thTs what sa really needs: long boring threads

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

THS posted:

gooncon 2015

goonCORN 2015: a goncon hosted in a cornfield. dis way u can just shout out ur posts and dont have to wory about social anxiety. bc corns blocking ppls view of u. gooncorn 2015 support my kickstarter at this link: ww. gooncoorn.corn

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
why not make a goon brand energy drink that kills people?

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

why not make a goon brand energy drink that kills people?

I'd be up for this one if you drink it first

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Astrofig posted:

it was never relevant and it never will be, Lowtax should drown his ugly child and then shoot himself, hope this helps.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

:eyepop:

whoa

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Astrofig posted:

it was never relevant and it never will be, Lowtax should drown his ugly child and then shoot himself, hope this helps.

lol what a human being

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Trees and Squids posted:

can u feel my solidarity with u? feel it man. feel it. i know it was hard to make a post outing yourself like that but ive got your back

:respek:

Astrofig posted:

:eyepop: wow i didn't even notice that post

yes astrofig wishing murder-suicide on someone and their child because they run a comedy forum is definitely sane and totally normal

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
can we just bring back gbs 2

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
creating r/SomethingAwful should prob be our first step

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
thats admitting defeat, can we get someone elected to public office?

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

mr.capps posted:

personally i like the try to get FYAD in the DSM-IV idea

DSM-5 is the current version.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

MondayHotDog posted:

DSM-5 is the current version.

i know i just like how DSM-IV looks

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah DSM-V is all hype

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

A misanthrope posted:

yes astrofig wishing murder-suicide on someone and their child because they run a comedy forum is definitely sane and totally normal

Astrofig has been banned like 3 or 4 times now, and yet keeps rereggin in spite of hating this place

How lovely does your life have to be to blow your cash on something you despise? I don't care how rich you supposedly are, shits pathetic

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lufiron posted:

Astrofig has been banned like 3 or 4 times now, and yet keeps rereggin in spite of hating this place

How lovely does your life have to be to blow your cash on something you despise? I don't care how rich you supposedly are, shits pathetic

wow lighten up dude we cant all be little angels with two probations like u

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW

Beige posted:

need more real americans

stick to the classics.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

a creepy colon posted:

wow lighten up dude we cant all be little angels with two probations like u

listen man, like a true goon you're reading way too much into what I was sayin

it doesnt matter if you get probated/banned as long as you like the place. that just means, like me, you're an idiot.

the line is where you hate the place but can't leave it alone, or worse yet hating ironically like anyone's impressed with that route

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW

Lufiron posted:

listen man, like a true goon you're reading way too much into what I was sayin

it doesnt matter if you get probated/banned as long as you like the place. that just means, like me, you're an idiot.

the line is where you hate the place but can't leave it alone, or worse yet hating ironically like anyone's impressed with that route

When you hate something so much you are consumed.

When you care little it disappears.

When it is acknowledged, well, tricky.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
We should take a leaf out of L Ron Hubbard's book and make a cult that charges the rich & famous megabucks to learn goon humor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

SirEvelynTremble posted:

We should take a leaf out of L Ron Hubbard's book and make a cult that charges the rich & famous megabucks to learn goon humor

We just charge basement-dwelling, anti-social loners ten bucks to circle jerk, so we know the model works.

• Locked thread