Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Just sayin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
gently caress them apes

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Ape shall never kill ape.

Huge Fucker Bitch
Jan 8, 2004
I like when caesar died and kavu took the throne (and the guns)

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Huge Fucker Bitch posted:

I like when caesar died and kavu took the throne (and the guns)

Ya but he Caesar lived tho and took it back

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
too long for my taste. Enjoyed it, just too long

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

VendaGoat posted:

too long for my taste. Enjoyed it, just too long

That's what she said

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
monkey planet: dawn on the earth of monkey world 2

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
dawn of the planet: apes r takin over

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lolling how the humans kept that jumpy nervous guy around who kept loving things up.

You would think apocalypse would at least weed people through natural selection or that the humans would only use the most reliable people for risky missions.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

the planet of the apes was actually earth

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

I will say the movie gave off some strong lion king ripoff vibes with the ape that looked like scar and acted like scar and betrayed the mufasa ape

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
One of my kids books has a kicking gorilla in it. I thought that was stupid. If the movie has that, it's dumb too.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
the previews on youtube sent me into a terrible fit of seizures on account of how incredibly loving dumb they were. beneath the planet of the apes looks better than this poo poo

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.
Did they ever explain why the apes ride shoulder to shoulder on horses hipfiring machine guns at humans who also have machine guns? Cause I thought the whole point was the apes were smart.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is there any ape/human sex? If not, then who cares.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Fandyien posted:

the previews on youtube sent me into a terrible fit of seizures on account of how incredibly loving dumb they were. beneath the planet of the apes looks better than this poo poo

Is that the one where the earthworms fight voles? Except they're superintelligent?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
Holy poo poo 93% on rotten tomatoes

the last one did really good critically as well.

so i guess that makes this like the best sci-fi franchise in the last 20 years?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Maneck posted:

One of my kids books has a kicking gorilla in it. I thought that was stupid. If the movie has that, it's dumb too.

lol you have kids

talk about dumb

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

MoreLikeTen posted:

Did they ever explain why the apes ride shoulder to shoulder on horses hipfiring machine guns at humans who also have machine guns? Cause I thought the whole point was the apes were smart.

i couldn't get over that. if the apes were smart wouldn't they suitcase nuke us or something. everything in the previews just looked like absurd bullshit. that being said 93% on Rottentomatoes is hella impressive so :shrug:

Maneck posted:

Is that the one where the earthworms fight voles? Except they're superintelligent?

i dont really remember i just got wasted once and saw part of it on tv

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

nope

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Fandyien posted:

i couldn't get over that. if the apes were smart wouldn't they suitcase nuke us or something. everything in the previews just looked like absurd bullshit. that being said 93% on Rottentomatoes is hella impressive so :shrug:

people like stupid poo poo

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

A misanthrope posted:

Holy poo poo 93% on rotten tomatoes

the last one did really good critically as well.

so i guess that makes this like the best sci-fi franchise in the last 20 years?

I hope sci-fi superstar Jaden Smith gets the lead role in the next part.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Did ape kill ape?

Korthal
May 26, 2011

I want to say something racist, but that new GBS rule is just makes me not want to risk it.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
i just dont understand how a hyper intelligent ape uprising that eventualyl defeats the combined armies of man somehow ends up riding horses and shooting machine guns and not wearing clothes or driving tanks. furthermore wasn't hte whole point of the original planet of the apes that man destroyed itself and then apes evolved over eons in a replay of human evolution but with a twist? the first planet of the apes movie was awesome and had a message and it sounds like this not only fucks up the awesome part, but isn't even an accurate prequel

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Korthal posted:

I want to say something racist, but that new GBS rule is just makes me not want to risk it.

don't say mean things about yourself and your mother

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

Fandyien posted:

Batman did this too. All the cops in NYC get in a big pack and just run headlong at guys with assault rifles and like 3 or 4 die before they have a 300 style brawl in the street. The aurora shooter killed more people with a gun than actual batman villains.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fandyien posted:

i just dont understand how a hyper intelligent ape uprising that eventualyl defeats the combined armies of man somehow ends up riding horses and shooting machine guns and not wearing clothes or driving tanks. furthermore wasn't hte whole point of the original planet of the apes that man destroyed itself and then apes evolved over eons in a replay of human evolution but with a twist? the first planet of the apes movie was awesome and had a message and it sounds like this not only fucks up the awesome part, but isn't even an accurate prequel

It's because a super-plague gets released in the final moments of the first movie which decimates humanity.

The original Planet of the Apes owned

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

etalian posted:

It's because a super-plague gets released in the final moments of the first movie which decimates humanity.

The original Planet of the Apes owned

in the original planet of the apes? did i miss something?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fandyien posted:

in the original planet of the apes? did i miss something?

The old movie which had Charlton Heston and the classic twist ending.

The Tim Burton remake was pretty horrible.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Korthal posted:

fyi the whites in this movie were both worse actors and less human than the apes in the film hth, the white man is the devil and lacks a soul and thus is inferior to even common animals

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

I really feel like the one movie was sufficient to explore the Planet of the Apes mythology and themes

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It's pretty weird that the apes wear bandoliers of ammo and poo poo and none of them think to put on bullet proof vests or helmets because the apes in the movie were close to human proportions.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's pretty weird that the apes wear bandoliers of ammo and poo poo and none of them think to put on bullet proof vests or helmets because the apes in the movie were close to human proportions.

apes have a strong sense of smell

i wouldn't want to stink like a dirty fukin human either

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Gaunab posted:

people like stupid poo poo

obliviums
Oct 2, 2013

The only exercise I get is poopin'

Do you fat-shaming try-hards really know how good ice cream is?
honestly yes it was well shot and thats anout all your gonna get out of a hollyweird movie but i disliked the amount of horrible ape death. i would enjoy an equal helping of human body evisceration. like in the stories about ape attacks.

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.

The Taint Reaper posted:

So write a fuckin letter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

• Locked thread