Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toggle
Nov 7, 2005

any hot red throbbing bonobo asses in this flick??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the best ape in the movie was Maurice

Also was realistic that the human survivor camp at SF city hall was poorly organized since it was probably comprised of west coasters.

Lets sit around the whole day smoking weed and debating the merits of marxism instead of rebuilding society.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
are there any gay apes?
gapes for short
like goatse
which would be a good name for a gay ape

e: or a blind goat

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

pls don't post gifs of my childhood abuse

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Dustin Hoffman in this one?

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Waltzing Along posted:

are there any gay apes?
gapes for short
like goatse

I think Maurice mighta been

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

etalian posted:

The old movie which had Charlton Heston and the classic twist ending.

The Tim Burton remake was pretty horrible.

oh i never saw that all the way through because i think i hated the beginning. i guess i just dont get why someone cant do a decent reamake a movie that was objectively hella cheesy but still sort of a masterpiece. like stick to the original story completely and just do a better job with the apes, the sets, maybe add a little subtle exposition

everybody has to add machine guns and exploding golden gate bridges and poo poo.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
They should have filmed it in Detroit haha

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Frackie Robinson posted:

Similar to the new Godzilla movie, it was filmed in Vancouver with all the exterior shots also being done in BC.

Cabrini-Green Tea
Aug 20, 2009

wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'

Frackie Robinson posted:

haha

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Gaunab posted:

people like stupid poo poo

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

heh

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
seen it, jerked, loved it

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

seen it, jerked, loved it

Ape fetish?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Waltzing Along posted:

Is there any ape/human sex? If not, then who cares.

No, but there was human/ape sex.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
That's cool, OP. I had doubts. Maybe I'll check it out.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

The Human Crouton posted:

No, but there was human/ape sex.

Actually you are right Caesar gets cucked by a human which is what really starts the war. Don't cuck apes.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
this is a good review of the movie, lotta good analysis

http://www.theonion.com/video/the-onion-reviews-dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes,36436/

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
First movie where I couldn't tell that some of the cgi was cgi, is this the singularity?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Rise of the dawn of the planet of the apes

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

lolol

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Can't wait for Night of the Planet of the Apes since they're set on ripping off Romero movie titles.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Waltzing Along posted:

are there any gay apes?
gapes for short
like goatse

there are a bunch of bi apes.

called...

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

First movie where I couldn't tell that some of the cgi was cgi, is this the singularity?

u are getting old and your vision is failing

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
fuckin right it was awesome everything i wanted

AdvancesMONKEY
Mar 30, 2010

by Lowtax
Every movie is made by apes! Makes you think.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

AdvancesMONKEY posted:

Every movie is made by apes! Makes you think.

that's actually a really good loving point

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Yeah this movie is really good no joke. It's a good sleeper action movie that's better than Pacific Rim. It's probably even better than the original Heston POTA, it's like the Empire Strikes Back of POTA(since it's a middle movie in a trilogy).

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005
How do a bunch of apes on horses take over a country with a trillion dollar defense budget

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

never trust an elf posted:

How do a bunch of apes on horses take over a country with a trillion dollar defense budget

pandemic that kills humans

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005
HIVed again

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

never trust an elf posted:

you gotta watch the movie bud!!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Was man flesh eaten at any point?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

some things are not meant to be seen but imagined

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
AAAAAAPE!!!!
FIIIIIIGHT!!!!!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

that koba was a real goddamn monkey what a poo poo reminds me of bibi netanyahu

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Sancho posted:

u are getting old and your vision is failing

his son looked like rear end, abnd....poo poo....probably :negative:

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

etalian posted:

lolling how the humans kept that jumpy nervous guy around who kept loving things up.

You would think apocalypse would at least weed people through natural selection or that the humans would only use the most reliable people for risky missions.

this was really the only thing that bothered me about the movie. they made it a point to mention how indispensable this guy was to the mission, he fucks up and gets sent away, and then they accomplish the entire mission without him anyways

pretty good movie tho; probably about 20 minutes too long, but very solid otherwise. my favorite part was the gorilla petting the kitty lol

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

my problems with the movie, beyond the jumpy guy, were:

(a) when they mention the women and children apes are coming, their plan is to fight asap before the women and children get there. stupid plan. much better plan is to meet up with the women and children, who will immediately return to caesar's loyalty. then when caesar&co show up with all the women and children in tow, 90% of the dudes with koba would go over to caesar and there wouldn't be any fight. koba overthrown by the power of pussy.

(b) why did the human leave the apes at the end? better to stay with them and serve as a human-ape liaison or become a pro-ape freedom fighter. i mean wtf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obliviums
Oct 2, 2013

The only exercise I get is poopin'

Do you fat-shaming try-hards really know how good ice cream is?

MeLKoR posted:

Was man flesh eaten at any point?

no and no ripping of man flesh or eye-gougin or anything. they seemed to enjoy creating sequences of ape death by burning, guns, collapsed buildings. i suspect the filmmakers were human.

• Locked thread