Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
Old people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3h8tm0NvT4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Can we talk about how good the movie True Stories is? It's very good.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

quote:

A cephalophore (from the Greek for "head-carrier") is a saint who is generally depicted carrying his or her own head; in art, this was usually meant to signify that the subject in question had been martyred by beheading. Handling the halo in this circumstance offers a unique challenge for the artist. Some put the halo where the head used to be; others have the saint carrying the halo along with the head.

A cephalophoric legend of Nicasius of Rheims tells that at the moment of his execution, Nicasius was reading Psalm 119 (Psalm 118 in the Vulgate). When he reached the verse "Adhaesit pavimento anima mea" (Psalms 119:25), he was decapitated. After his head had fallen to the ground, Nicasius continued the psalm, adding, "Vivifica me, Domine, secundum verbum tuum."[6] The theme of the speaking head is extended in the 8th-century Passio of Saint Justus of Beauvais: after the child had been beheaded by Roman soldiers, his father and brother found the corpse sitting with his head in his lap. Giving the head to his father, Justus asked him to carry it to Auxerre, that his mother, Felicia, might kiss it.[7]

Saint Gemolo is said to have survived his decapitation and, after collecting his head, climbed on horseback. He rode to meet his uncle, a bishop, on a small mountain before he finally died.[9] A legend associated with Saint Ginés de la Jara states that after he was decapitated in southern France, he picked up his head and threw it into the Rhône. The head was carried by the sea to the coast of Murcia in Spain, where it was venerated as a relic (Murcia was the center of this saint's cult).[10]

In The Golden Legend Paul of Tarsus at his martyrdom "stretched forth his neck, and so was beheaded. And as soon as the head was from the body, it said: Jesus Christus! which had been to Jesus or Christus, or both, fifty times." When the head was recovered and was to be rejoined to the body as a relic, in response to a prayer for confirmation that this was indeed the right head, the body of Paul turned to rejoin the head that had been set at its feet.[11]

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Literally the lyrics to Seen and Not Seen.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Turns out the rumors are true. Taylor Hanson’s rear end in a top hat is one big sloppy mess… at least it SOUNDS that way!

A matter of two days ago the rumored sex audio of Taylor being hosed/fisted in a bathroom (which has been floating about the internet for the past few weeks) finally found it’s way onto a public file share/host site and is taking the internet by storm. According to the rumor in recent weeks Taylor was recorded by one of his sex partners on a small mp3 recorder during sex in a bathroom.

First linked through The DataLounge the audio clip lasts a whopping five plus minutes long. Through out the audio you can clearly hear grotesque squishing, slopping and plowing sounds. The funny thing is, Taylor’s voice is crystal clear groaning and moaning in his signature style mixed with “Oh GOD” and “OH gently caress” over and over. Shocking some is the grunting from his MALE partner who talks about how nice his rear end is. The audio wraps with a variety of noises from farting, bubbling and splattering sounds, complete with Taylor panting, grunting, straining and sighing in the process of what insiders say is him prolapsing his worn out rear end in a top hat.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
what kind of insiders?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

Turns out the rumors are true. Taylor Hanson’s rear end in a top hat is one big sloppy mess… at least it SOUNDS that way!

A matter of two days ago the rumored sex audio of Taylor being hosed/fisted in a bathroom (which has been floating about the internet for the past few weeks) finally found it’s way onto a public file share/host site and is taking the internet by storm. According to the rumor in recent weeks Taylor was recorded by one of his sex partners on a small mp3 recorder during sex in a bathroom.

First linked through The DataLounge the audio clip lasts a whopping five plus minutes long. Through out the audio you can clearly hear grotesque squishing, slopping and plowing sounds. The funny thing is, Taylor’s voice is crystal clear groaning and moaning in his signature style mixed with “Oh GOD” and “OH gently caress” over and over. Shocking some is the grunting from his MALE partner who talks about how nice his rear end is. The audio wraps with a variety of noises from farting, bubbling and splattering sounds, complete with Taylor panting, grunting, straining and sighing in the process of what insiders say is him prolapsing his worn out rear end in a top hat.

also, in before this post gets read on Fox News

Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510
Good thread. Good band. Good music. Thanks.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Waltzing Along posted:

It is important to know that was where he's at
He can't afford to stop
That is what he believe
He'll keep on digging for a thousand years.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

BigBoss posted:

Thus proving David Bynre is the weak link in the Talking Heads

apparently Byrne is borderline autistic and is a corresponding nightmare to work with. Just about every member of the Talking Heads has spent the last 30 years calling him a sexless freak

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIPD1AGE83Y

even makes good indian muisc

true stories owns bones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWP07YgUWig

Zombie Chow
Jun 17, 2010

We interrupt this program to increase dramatic tension.
This one and "Big Blue Plymouth (Eyes Wide Open)" are great and I'm sad there are no studio versions of these recorded by the band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YxD_X9n-WA

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Those two and "What a Day That Was" were originally on one of David Byrne's solo pieces. Here's his version of Big Business:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38drBYLnsB0

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
John Goodman is so freaking sweet and adorable in True Stories: http://youtu.be/t9a1JQi7G3k

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

FactsAreUseless posted:

They're just Blondie for nerds.

Nothing wrong with that. Blondie owns too.

Stop Making Sense is an amazing concert movie. If you haven't seen it, stop what you're doing right now and watch it.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

sorry guys but i think they loving suck and have been forced to listen to a lot of their poo poo by people who are very desperate for acceptance

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Can we talk about how good the movie True Stories is? It's very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYnNIWKK8sw

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

BeefThief posted:

sorry guys but i think they loving suck and have been forced to listen to a lot of their poo poo by people who are very desperate for acceptance

sorry that you are inhuman i guess??

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

THS posted:

sorry that you are inhuman i guess??

its okay as long as i dont have to listen to 80 minutes of spastic yowling its all good

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

BeefThief posted:

its okay as long as i dont have to listen to 80 minutes of spastic yowling its all good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JccW-mLdNe0

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

yea i mean it's pretty funny that you think they suck and that's okay i guess but really you're missing out there's some truly beautiful feelings and experiences involved in their music so there you go?

Don We Now
Apr 18, 2005

For those of you who don't habla espanola, "El Poptart" is Spanish for.... The Poptart.

MaoistBanker posted:

Here, have an entirely new recently released Talking Heads concert!
http://www.musicvault.com/talking-heads/video/psycho-killer_101155.html

dat warning sign

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

yeah they made me watch this whole movie and i didnt enjoy it

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

nomadologique posted:

yea i mean it's pretty funny that you think they suck and that's okay i guess but really you're missing out there's some truly beautiful feelings and experiences involved in their music so there you go?

like what? i mean i accept that maybe im missing something but if you could just tell me what it is maybe i would appreciate them better

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

BeefThief posted:

like what? i mean i accept that maybe im missing something but if you could just tell me what it is maybe i would appreciate them better

tell us what music you like.

it will probably be pretty lol worthy. get your popcorn ready gbs :munch:

Xaris fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jul 14, 2014

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Xaris posted:

tell us what music you like.

it will probably be pretty lol worthy. get your popcorn ready gbs

yeah get the popcorn ready hahahaha

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
oh hey look you didn't say. saw that twist coming

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

how about this twist: ive never actually given the talking heads a fair shot and simply dislike them on principle because their fans are insufferable snobs with no taste

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
all music fans of every band from the beatles to some obscure rap band are pretty much insufferable snobs. i'll agree that music fans of anything are poo poo but you should be able to separate fans from the sound :shrug: fair enough that you never really gave them a shot though

still, you should tell us what music you actually like instead. could just not be your type of music at all and that's ok, just don't be one of the fat sweaty goons that waddles wheezing into a thread and hurringly typing 'it's bad!' and then scatters away when confronted upon asking what they actually like deer in headlights

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

[quote="Xaris" post=""432162871"]

still, you should tell us what music you actually like instead. could just not be your type of music at all and that's ok, just don't be one of the fat sweaty goons that waddles wheezing into a thread and hurringly typing 'it's bad!' and then scatters away when confronted upon asking what they actually like deer in headlights
[/quote]

that was actually my plan all along

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

Xaris posted:

yeah talking heads owns. brian eno also owns and he did a collaboration with byrne that was pretty good

brian eno PWNS but the talking heads are boring as gently caress

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

forums poster BeefThief does not like music, a sad end to a sad story

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Cool Blue Reason posted:

brian eno PWNS but the talking heads are boring as gently caress

actually thats the opposite of a good opinion and brian eno himself would kick your chest cavity in given the chance

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Brian Eno is a great producer. It's obvious how much of an effect he had on the quality of the band's studio releases when you compare Speaking in Tongues to the two albums he produced - Remain in Light and Fear of Music.

Good songs on SIT but they lack the richness of the previous albums. They sound cold and austere in comparison. But they sound just as good as Remain in Light's material live.

The Whole Internet fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jul 14, 2014

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

It's hard to imagine

nothing at all could be so exciting
could be so much fun

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

The Whole Internet posted:

Brian Eno is a great producer. It's obvious how much of an effect he had on the quality of the band's studio releases when you compare Speaking in Tongues to the two albums he produced - Remain in Light and Fear of Music.

Good songs on SIT but they lack the richness of the previous albums. They sound cold and austere in comparison. But they sound just as good as Remain in Light's material live.

Agreed, Eno is a master.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Xmas Future posted:

Now watch the whole concert, it's amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwWW742T0Wc

i did this for like a week straight nonstop at work. i still wasnt tired of it

Giga Gaia posted:

late 70s mid 80s adrian belew was too good for this world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD09qQjHXsw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e7sVgSZWP0

what ever happened to him?

guidoanselmi fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jul 14, 2014

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Zombie Chow posted:

This one and "Big Blue Plymouth (Eyes Wide Open)" are great and I'm sad there are no studio versions of these recorded by the band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YxD_X9n-WA

The outtake Big Business from Stop Making Sense is loving incredible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYFqdrOMqk4

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Basically Songs from the Catherine Wheel is a great pseudo-album, and the songs are even better performed by Talking Heads instead of Byrne solo, and it should have been their fifth album instead of Speaking in Tongues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Side One of 'The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads' completely owns.

• Locked thread