Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brick cow
Oct 22, 2008
Michael Jordan was the King. I think he owns the Wizards now. I dunno. Chicago Bulls dominated the 90's. And Michael Jordan was their King. I remember watching the final four in New Mexico, Utah was in the final four, Stokton to Malone bitches and Michael Jordan and Rodman just loving crushing Utah. Like The Jazz was an outdated mode of playing music and the Bulls were Rap-Hip-Hop.

Also Michael Jordan did a bunch of hanes commercials because who doesn't love a shower of money?

All I'm saying is that LeBrony and rear end-rapist-Kobe can't hold a candle to Jordan.

Air Jordan 4lyf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Great sportsman, and its fantastic hes come out as gay.

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Rapman the Cook posted:

Great sportsman, and its fantastic hes come out as gay.

It's MAGIC!

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
it's a pretty common name

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i always assumed kobe bryant was a football player because he commited a rape

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

i always assumed kobe bryant was a football player because he commited a rape

basket ball players rape. foorball playes have dog fights and shoot outs. soccer and boxers bite your ear off. hth

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

brick cow posted:

Michael Jordan was the King. I think he owns the Wizards now. I dunno. Chicago Bulls dominated the 90's. And Michael Jordan was their King. I remember watching the final four in New Mexico, Utah was in the final four, Stokton to Malone bitches and Michael Jordan and Rodman just loving crushing Utah. Like The Jazz was an outdated mode of playing music and the Bulls were Rap-Hip-Hop.

Also Michael Jordan did a bunch of hanes commercials because who doesn't love a shower of money?

All I'm saying is that LeBrony and rear end-rapist-Kobe can't hold a candle to Jordan.

Air Jordan 4lyf.

*In Bill Simmons voice* "Now can you expand this to 8000 words and tell me how it relates to Teen Wolf?"

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
These guys:

Michael Jordan
Barry Bonds
Jerry Rice
Tiger Woods
Wayne Gretzky

Are all the GOATs or arguably GOATs.

But there was also
Wilt Chamberlain
Willie Mays
Gale Sayers
Jack Nicklaus
Mario Lemieux

In other words, no. But there will be someone else, someday. LBJ is certainly great, but when you have someone who was obviously the greatest ever and you saw him play a lot, it takes a bit to surpass.

Man I feel fortunate to have seen those 5 guys play a lot and two of them on teams I grew up rooting for.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
OP you are the Michael Jordan of shitposting.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

brick cow posted:

basket ball players rape. foorball playes have dog fights and shoot outs. soccer and boxers bite your ear off. hth

i associated rape with murdering your family and getting away with it

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Waltzing Along posted:

In other words, no. But there will be someone else, someday. LBJ is certainly great, but when you have someone who was obviously the greatest ever and you saw him play a lot, it takes a bit to surpass.

You are full of poo poo. Lyndon Johnson was terrible at basketball.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Antifreeze Head posted:

You are full of poo poo. Lyndon Johnson was terrible at basketball.

The B stands for Bumsex

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

These guys:

Michael Jordan
Barry Bonds
Jerry Rice
Tiger Woods
Wayne Gretzky

Are all the GOATs or arguably GOATs.

But there was also
Wilt Chamberlain
Willie Mays
Gale Sayers
Jack Nicklaus
Mario Lemieux

Man I feel fortunate to have seen those 5 guys play a lot and two of them on teams I grew up rooting for.

I agree with Gretzky, Woods, and Jordan- they defined what their sport could be. Rice and Bonds, not as much. Look at the 80's Bears or San Fran. Joe Montana was just as good as Rice. Bonds was as good as that white guy in the home run race.

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Rapman the Cook posted:

The B stands for Bumsex

The "B" stands for Ban the Rapeman Cook

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Why did they keep calling the team the Jazz after they moved to Utah anyway, is there anything even remotely jazz-related about any part of Utah?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

brick cow posted:

I agree with Gretzky, Woods, and Jordan- they defined what their sport could be. Rice and Bonds, not as much. Look at the 80's Bears or San Fran. Joe Montana was just as good as Rice. Bonds was as good as that white guy in the home run race.

I got to watch Bonds for 15 years. I've watched baseball all my life. He was the best I've ever seen. I never got to see Mays, unfortunately and I imagine he was a sight to behold. But Bonds broke the game. He set records that will never be broken. Ever. In the modern age. (as opposed to the dead ball records and the ones from when pitchers pitched constantly) On top of this, he holds the two biggest records. Career and season HRs. And he was a HOFer before he even started using PEDs.

As great as Joe was, he had a great defense to hold him up. Steve Young was better. Football is funny but rice scored the most TDs ever and set a standard of excellence that has never been matched. Hence GOAT.

E: clarity

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jul 13, 2014

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Why don't you ladies watch a real mans sport like football (soccer ball) instead? Its the World Cup final tonight!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Why don't you ladies watch a real mans sport like football (soccer ball) instead? Its the World Cup final tonight!

ahahahahhahaha
ahahahahhaha

ahahahahahhaha

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

brick cow posted:

The "B" stands for Ban the Rapeman Cook

http://i.imgur.com/6wnIEzc.gif

Hurriness
Feb 23, 2011
College Slice
I'll poo poo talk Jordan because it's funny, but no one better be talking poo poo the best hitter ever Barry Bonds.

(Lebron is pretty good too I guess)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Real men fall down and pretend to be hurt.

Sigh.

Real men.

All the sports take skill.

Hockey is the sport real men play, if any. That poo poo is brutal and is probably the one that requires the highest level of skill. Except baseball which requires the highest level of skill due to the size and speed of the ball and hitting it or getting it by the batter.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Football causes horrific injuries, torn muscles, broken bones, sprained ankles, grazed knees and such basketball is basically a contest for who is the tallest man and youre not even allowed to touch each other.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
he had two kids who played in college but didn't go pro

also he owns probably the shittiest team in the country which is lovely largely because he insists on managing it as well despite not being the exact opposite of the michael jordan of basketball team management

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

hopefully, but for hockey no one can ever beat gretzky's records and thats sad

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Real men fall down and pretend to be hurt.

Sigh.

Real men.

All the sports take skill.

Hockey is the sport real men play, if any. That poo poo is brutal and is probably the one that requires the highest level of skill. Except baseball which requires the highest level of skill due to the size and speed of the ball and hitting it or getting it by the batter.

I was in a bar in PA every hockey game last winter olympics and I'm surprised I'm alive.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

real men play rugby leage. kick that footer, and tackle a man. it is for men, men only!

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

raditts posted:

Why did they keep calling the team the Jazz after they moved to Utah anyway, is there anything even remotely jazz-related about any part of Utah?

Because it is better then the Temple. Actually, wait. It really isn't.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
you all forget something. he transcended his 3D shell and entered the 2D world. i shall learn his technique.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Lamebot posted:

you all forget something. he transcended his 3D shell and entered the 2D world. i shall learn his technique.

doesnt that just require you to go underground

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was better by every single measurable metric than Jordan. Nice to know you're a complete poser though, OP.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
don bradman was a better sportsman than jordan op

quote:

Wisden hailed Bradman as, "the greatest phenomenon in the history of cricket, indeed in the history of all ball games".[1] Statistician Charles Davis analysed the statistics for several prominent sportsmen by comparing the number of standard deviations that they stand above the mean for their sport.[241]

quote:

The statistics show that "no other athlete dominates an international sport to the extent that Bradman does cricket".[2] In order to post a similarly dominant career statistic as Bradman, a baseball batter would need a career batting average of .392, while a basketball player would need to score an average of 43.0 points per game.[242]

quote:

When Nelson Mandela was released after 27 years in prison, his first question to an Australian visitor was, "Is Sir Donald Bradman still alive?"

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Neurosis posted:

don bradman was a better sportsman than jordan op

yeah but cricket is less of a real sport than even kickball (soccer)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Jesus Christ posted:

yeah but cricket is less of a real sport than even kickball (soccer)

kickball is a different sport from soccer

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Cricket is like, fancy baseball

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
if were going to call barry bonds the greatest we may as well put lance armstrong on that list

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

michael jordan a man who made his billions playing a rigged game

michael jordan a man who made his billions playing a nigged game

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

if were going to call barry bonds the greatest we may as well put lance armstrong on that list

If we removed all drug testing and rules, we could have some incredible records.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

ethanol posted:

michael jordan a man who made his billions playing a nigged game

Just type friend of the family whitey. This poo poo right here is pathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008
Why did this thread start disparaging Michael Jordan while I slept?

For a couple years MJ electrified a country. Basketball was the poo poo. If you weren't a bulls fan then you weren't a bulls fan because you wanted someone, anyone to beat Michael Jordan. And it literally did not happen.

Michael Jordan was North Korea in North Korean history books. But in real life also.

• Locked thread