Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mauvais
Jul 24, 2002

HUZZAH
the real question is will there ever be another Space Jam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mauvais posted:

the real question is will there ever be another Space Jam

with lebron james

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Homestar Runner posted:

Jordan is/was an enormous shithead, juiced up like a bitch, and unbelievably good at basketballin'

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008
Remember that one summer olympics where they made it okay for pros to play and Americas basketball team .. here's was the lineup

David Robinson
Patrick Ewing
Larry Bird
Scottie Pippen
Michael Jordan
Clyde Drexler
Karl Malone
John Stockton
Chris Mullin
Charles Barkley
Earvin "Magic" Johnson, Jr.
Christian Laettne

Those were fun games to watch.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

jordan was the karelin of basketball

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
Didn't he "retire" the first two times due to massive gambling debts?

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Homestar Runner posted:

Jordan is/was an enormous shithead, juiced up like a bitch, and unbelievably good at basketballin'

^ dumbest posts I've ever read congrats

lol if you don't believe that todays allstars wouldn't make him look extremely average.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Premeditated Toast posted:

Didn't he "retire" the first two times due to massive gambling debts?

it's all a bit speculative but there's an admittedly loose connection between getting into massive gambling debts, the dudes he owed money to knocking his dad off, and Stern essentially kicking him outta the league

all of which was a-okay by ol' Mikey Jeffs since baseball's where all the readily available roidy goodness was at anyways!

Homestar Runner fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jul 15, 2014

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

brick cow posted:

Remember that one summer olympics where they made it okay for pros to play and Americas basketball team .. here's was the lineup

David Robinson
Patrick Ewing
Larry Bird
Scottie Pippen
Michael Jordan
Clyde Drexler
Karl Malone
John Stockton
Chris Mullin
Charles Barkley
Christian Laettne

you can't post this without linking it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bgJ4HHZ5Is

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
i just feel bad for croatia

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Noone gives a gently caress about basketball ineurope.its all abou soccer or tennis or motor sports or hockey (for the colder countries)

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Basketball was really popular in Europe when Jordan was the man. Like every other kid had basketball practice and everyone collected basketball cards and wore Chicago Bulls clothes.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
If we're talking sports heroes here we can't fail to mention "Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

amityville anus posted:

I don't think any basketball teams will match the sheer power '90s Chicago Bulls had with Jordan, Pippin, Black Guy #3, and Rodman. Has any other team managed to have a threepeat, much less repeat the threepeat.

Black Guy #3 was Horace Grant and he prefers to be referred to as "Goggles Guy".

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
*sighs* fine. I'll do it. I'll be the next Michael Jordan.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Cast No Engine posted:

If we're talking sports heroes here we can't fail to mention "Nature Boy" Ric Flair

he's a legend in charlotte, always getting drunk and sexually harassing the hostesses at pf changs

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

lol if you don't believe that todays allstars wouldn't make him look extremely average.

Just a reminder that at the height of Jordan's natural ability in 1989, he shared the prestigious all star court with Kevin Duckworth. That's right, Jordan shared the honor with the only NBA player to die from being fat, a feat so incredible even ex-NBA great Shawn Kemp has yet to manage it.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

michael jordan will not allow there to be another michael jordan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

brick cow posted:

David Robinson
Patrick Ewing
Larry Bird
Scottie Pippen
Michael Jordan
Clyde Drexler
Karl Malone
John Stockton
Chris Mullin
Charles Barkley
Christian Laettne

The 2012 USA vs. Nigeria game was probably the greatest game of basketball I've ever seen. It pretty much turned into a 3-point contest about halfway through.

• Locked thread