Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
'Hola' Euro goons :3:

I am about to embark on a package holiday to Europe, and I'm looking forward to meeting locals and soaking up culture! As someone who is open to 'butt stuff' there is something else I'd like to soak up - bidets.

However I worry that I will commit a 'faux pas' while using a bidet. Is there anything comparable to leaving the toilet seat up or gazing deeply into another man's eyes at the urinal? I know they say 'when in Rome, do as the Romans do' but I'd prefer not to 'salt the earth at Carthage' if you catch my meaning :wink:

A 'dry run' with a kiddie pool and the garden hose didn't work very well and my neighbours gave me odd looks. Any tips?

'Namaste' and TIA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Just turn the water on and start making GBS threads

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Its a bit different to normal, you poo poo OUTSIDE the toilet onto the floor, then scoop the bidette water out with your hand and splash it onto the turd until it disolves.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
Merry meet!

So basically you poo poo in the toilet or bath, depending on your preference or the rules of the house you are staying in. (If you didn't have to take your shoes off at the front door, assume it's cool to poo poo in the bath because house pride is not a thing for that family).

Then after you are done making GBS threads be sure NOT to wipe, even if toilet paper is provided (rare in some countries)

then position yourself in a cowgirl position over the bidet, engage the taps so that the water is affecting your genital area and masturbate yourself to completion.

Don't forget to use a towel to clean your rear end.

Alternatively you can use the water stream from the bidet to clean your rear end but this is only appropriate if you leave the bathroom door open OR if the bidet is located in the kitchen.

Blessed be!

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ill Peripheral posted:

Just turn the water on and start making GBS threads

It was a terrible day when I had a house party and some dude told me that my second toilet was broken

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
you're supposed to stand up when using one

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Rapman the Cook posted:

Its a bit different to normal, you poo poo OUTSIDE the toilet onto the floor, then scoop the bidette water out with your hand and splash it onto the turd until it disolves.

bidets do not actually have a drain, what they do is recycle the same ~half gallon of specialized and very expensive poo-defeating "superwater" over and and over. do not take any superwater out of a bidet, the frenchmen will be LIVID. in fact, do not create floor poo to begin with. poo directly into the bidet if it's not occupied, otherwise the toilet will suffice until you have a chance to squat walk your poopy butt to the poo defeater

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

Quickscope420dad posted:

Merry meet!

So basically you poo poo in the toilet or bath, depending on your preference or the rules of the house you are staying in. (If you didn't have to take your shoes off at the front door, assume it's cool to poo poo in the bath because house pride is not a thing for that family).

Then after you are done making GBS threads be sure NOT to wipe, even if toilet paper is provided (rare in some countries)

then position yourself in a cowgirl position over the bidet, engage the taps so that the water is affecting your genital area and masturbate yourself to completion.

Don't forget to use a towel to clean your rear end.

Alternatively you can use the water stream from the bidet to clean your rear end but this is only appropriate if you leave the bathroom door open OR if the bidet is located in the kitchen.

Blessed be!

Thank you all for your detailed advice! I'm so glad I asked, as I thought you just used them to blast your leavings all over the room but in retrospect that seems kinda unhygenic and barbaric, not befitting the oldest cultures in the world :) Is it good manners to make sure the bidet is clean afterwards or does one 'leave their mark' so to speak?

E: 'Superwater'! Like gray water but eons beforehand. It is truly progressive on the continent!

free Trapt CD fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jul 13, 2014

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
bidets are for washing pets do not do gross things with the bidet

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Don't poo poo where you eat moron

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk
take a poo poo off the top of the eifel tower op

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
buy toilet paper like normal human beings

if you poo poo so bad that you need to spray water up your rear end in a top hat then just take a loving shower

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Heartbroken 2Twice posted:

Thank you all for your detailed advice! I'm so glad I asked, as I thought you just used them to blast your leavings all over the room but in retrospect that seems kinda unhygenic and barbaric, not befitting the oldest cultures in the world :) Is it good manners to make sure the bidet is clean afterwards or does one 'leave their mark' so to speak?

E: 'Superwater'! Like gray water but eons beforehand. It is truly progressive on the continent!

Think of it like a guestbook; you leave your mark without disturbing the mark of others.

Sometimes people use their finger to write messages in the mark but this is frowned upon because it takes up too much space. Crumbs, dashes and general odors are welcomed.

Be sure to give your feedback on the smell and prior markings to your host, they will be most complimented.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

.lnk to the past posted:

take a poo poo off the top of the eifel tower op
How Gallic! Another one to check off my 'bucket shits'...

Quickscope420dad posted:

Think of it like a guestbook; you leave your mark without disturbing the mark of others.

Sometimes people use their finger to write messages in the mark but this is frowned upon because it takes up too much space. Crumbs, dashes and general odors are welcomed.

Be sure to give your feedback on the smell and prior markings to your host, they will be most complimented.
Exactly the sort of advice I'm looking for here. Normally I'd just write my cell number in poo poo, like I do in regular bathroom. Glad to know they have a different sense of taste 'over there'.

Are bidets in a stall, or are they communal? Having a hard time visualizing this.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

How Gallic! Another one to check off my 'bucket shits'...

Exactly the sort of advice I'm looking for here. Normally I'd just write my cell number in poo poo, like I do in regular bathroom. Glad to know they have a different sense of taste 'over there'.

Are bidets in a stall, or are they communal? Having a hard time visualizing this.

I have never seen one in a stall. usually they are communal. It is considered in ill taste to use any bidet that is not in use while there is one in use. Bideting is a social activity and it is highly encouraged that, if you should see someone straddling one as previously described, that you assume a reverse cowgirl position, back to back with them, to contribute your own effort to this fine tradition.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
why are you gross fucks washing your asses in the water fountain?

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
westerners like to laugh about habits other than toilet + TP but tbqh toilet paper isnt all that hygienic or healthy for your butt

the answer to that is wet wipes for some people but those are dumb expenses + p much no sanitation system can handle lots of them

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
so use one wet wipe at the end

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

newreply.php posted:

westerners like to laugh about habits other than toilet + TP but tbqh toilet paper isnt all that hygienic or healthy for your butt

the answer to that is wet wipes for some people but those are dumb expenses + p much no sanitation system can handle lots of them

Rinse the wet wipes in the bidet and reuse them duh

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i just have a wet rug in the hall that i scoot over and steam clean once a month

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

newreply.php posted:

i just have a wet rug in the hall that i scoot over and steam clean once a month

that's right, rub it in

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

newreply.php posted:

Didn't London recently pull a gargantuan mass of those things out of its sewer system?

Subliminal Sauce
Apr 6, 2010

Spreading freedom and spreading it thick; that's just a thing us right-wing nutjobs do!
this oughtta greatly simply the issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qQI1-deTdA&t=157s

hth

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
You mentioned eye contact before, it's actually the exact opposite of 'urinal culture'. You're expected to make constant, prolonged, eye contact with anyone around while you spray yourself down. Leave the door open and when someone walks by shout a friendly greeting to them.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

With voiceover by David Schwimmer

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

newreply.php posted:

TBH I find the toilet brush works well, but I like trying new things.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

You mentioned eye contact before, it's actually the exact opposite of 'urinal culture'. You're expected to make constant, prolonged, eye contact with anyone around while you spray yourself down. Leave the door open and when someone walks by shout a friendly greeting to them.
"Bonjour! Je mappelle Juan, sur la bidet" :D

Quickscope420dad posted:

With voiceover by David Schwimmer
saw you were probated and was like 'RIP TOKIN' DAD' but glad to see you're back

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Toilet paper for the first wipe.

Wet wipe for the 2nd and last wipe.

If youre wiping a whole bunch then you need fix your diet.

Nasty mofos.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I see that there are a number of travel bidets for sale on eBay, many battery operated. If you have a spare 50 bucks or so you could buy one and practice spurting it round the bathroom. I'm gonna buy one myself so I don't have to strain to wipe my fat arse, so thanks for the, er, tails-up.

A non-Asian guy I know who has travelled a lot doesn't use paper any more, he squirts his butthole with water from a plastic drinkbottle and swears by this method.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

saw you were probated and was like 'RIP TOKIN' DAD' but glad to see you're back

Some people just want to suppress True Bidet Knowledge(tm)

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Okay time for some real bidettiquete, this is a serious post.
Sometimes when you straddle the bidet and run the stream, you'll get a turd-particle which doesn't immediately go down the drain. In this case, you have two alternatives:
a) Keep the water running until it dissolves enough so that it goes down the drain, or
b) Clear the drain with some toilet paper

Sometimes the turd-particle will be too large to dissolve in a reasonable amount of time.
Also it's good manners to make sure you don't leave poo poo marks unless it was already gross and filthy when you arrived.

Also please dry your rear end off with some toilet paper. Don't use the towel. The towel is usually there to dry hands, not buttholes. Note that this requires that you get on the bidet and clean your rear end BEFORE flushing, so that you can flush the toilet paper along with your poo poo, and save water.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Pochoclo posted:

Okay time for some real bidettiquete, this is a serious post.
Sometimes when you straddle the bidet and run the stream, you'll get a turd-particle which doesn't immediately go down the drain. In this case, you have two alternatives:
a) Keep the water running until it dissolves enough so that it goes down the drain, or
b) Clear the drain with some toilet paper

Sometimes the turd-particle will be too large to dissolve in a reasonable amount of time.
Also it's good manners to make sure you don't leave poo poo marks unless it was already gross and filthy when you arrived.

Also please dry your rear end off with some toilet paper. Don't use the towel. The towel is usually there to dry hands, not buttholes. Note that this requires that you get on the bidet and clean your rear end BEFORE flushing, so that you can flush the toilet paper along with your poo poo, and save water.

This is wrong. You should wipe yourself with the towel before positioning yourself on the bidet. This helps the host / owner of the bidet keep track of the bidet's traffic throughout the day / event, and allows them to properly monitor the maintenance requirements of the bidet.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
guys i couldn't figure out the bathroom situation overseas so i've just been pooping in the linen closet

streaking this one sheet and putting little butthole stars in the corner so it looks like an american flag :911:

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol, invisible inch.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

I don't know what to believe about my leavings :ohdear:

Gonna buy one of those travel bidets and if it doesn't work out at least it'll be easy to wash my 'pussy'! By which I mean my catte

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

A misanthrope posted:

guys i couldn't figure out the bathroom situation overseas so i've just been pooping in the linen closet

streaking this one sheet and putting little butthole stars in the corner so it looks like an american flag :911:

That's what America's all about!

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Watch out though with bidets ... if one doesn't follow the bidetiquette, there is a legend ...

He lives in the clean pipes of hotels and has OCD. Once every so often, L'homme qui se penche will squeeze out of the bidet and scrub your bowels clean with wire wool and bleach.
Once you are deemed clean he commands you to "nettoyez votre famill" and you feel compelled to wire wool your parents' bowels next time they are asleep.

• Locked thread