Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28282050

BBC posted:

Pope Francis said that the 2% estimate came from advisers. It would represent around 8,000 priests out of a global number of about 414,000.

So, we can expect the immediate sacking of 8000 priests, right?

Pope Francis posted:

I find this state of affairs intolerable.

We all do.

So, tomorrow morning there will be 8000 catholic priests removed from their posts and placed under investigation, right? Right?

Pope Francis posted:

Like Jesus, I shall use a stick against paedophile priests.

I'm unfamiliar with the parable of the pedo and the stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

think that means he's gonna gently caress 'em hard for doing a great job

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

give him the stick

NO DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Priests love to suck dicks. They love it.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

and they didn't even have to invent a ritual around it

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008
2% seems way too low

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
He is going to beat paedophiles to death with a mace, what more do you people want?

Peppi
May 17, 2011

by Lowtax
I was molested by Pope Francis.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
the rates are comparable to all other youth organizations and schools, OP. There's pedophiles everywhere and not enough is being done to weed them out

Peppi
May 17, 2011

by Lowtax
I was blessed by Pope Francis.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

is that more or less than the general population?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Bolian Blues posted:

2% seems way too low
From what I've read, it's about representative of the whole population. Yes, there are that many pedophiles in the world.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Cardiovorax posted:

From what I've read, it's about representative of the whole population. Yes, there are that many pedophiles in the world.

not all of them act on it tho otherwise the world would be a nightmare of childrape

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Neurosis posted:

not all of them act on it tho otherwise the world would be a nightmare of childrape

most of it is

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

Neurosis posted:

the world would be a nightmare of childrape

the uncivilised parts of it pretty much are

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

it's based on percentages OP. he doesn't personally know which 8k priests are pedophiles.

what do u mean he's not gonna fire 8k priests randomly??? messed up poo poo op

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

so are the "civilized" ones, really.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

hemale in pain posted:

it's based on percentages OP. he doesn't personally know which 8k priests are pedophiles.

what do u mean he's not gonna fire 8k priests randomly??? messed up poo poo op

he should do this, and then fire the other 98% just to be sure. Problem solved.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

i have a feeling a man from south africa would gently caress anything that has a hole

they are the true pansexuals

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Cardiovorax posted:

so are the "civilized" ones, really.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/nov/25/south-african-rape-survey

quote:

A new MRC study in Gauteng, the country's wealthiest province, found that 37.4% of men admitted having committed a rape, while 25.3% of women said they had been raped.

lol

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
No joke, I really like this Pope Francis guy. He is a straight shooter.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

yeah ok some places suck like extra hard

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008
Is Frankie from Hollywood... i had a joke there but the i stoped to type it out. nad yeah nothing. so enjoy some music

http://youtu.be/RTishnW8nyc

OH yeah! it was about how priests should relax and not rape kids.

TL;dr : don't drink in the morning kids.

TL;dr that either: don't rape kids.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Literally all Catholics are pedophiles. I hope that helps.

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

Neurosis posted:

i doubt there's a statistic for people who want to rape kids but dont, since that's not really something you'd go around advertising

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

.lnk to the past posted:

i doubt there's a statistic for people who want to rape kids but dont, since that's not really something you'd go around advertising
There actually are, mostly based on anonymous studies.

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

Cardiovorax posted:

There actually are, mostly based on anonymous studies.

--childfucking expert, cardiovorax

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

.lnk to the past posted:

--childfucking expert, cardiovorax

CArdiovax's a big expert in all forms of kid touching. Hell, he posts in D&D

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I like how the OP casually calls the pope on a nickname basis. Probably has connections with Obama too and calls him b-rock instead of mr prez

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

gently caress the ROW posted:

i knew d&d was a high brow forum for intellectuals when someone posted 'why not eat the rich' with a one sentence post and got several hundred serious responses detailing how everyone in western society is exploited

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Professor Tomtom posted:

Literally all Catholics are pedophiles. I hope that helps.

You mean it's required? I don't even like to babysit. :ohdear:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
What is the rate in the general population?

PS Onion is relevant http://www.theonion.com/articles/pope-vows-to-get-church-pedophilia-down-to-accepta,17201/

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
I was an altar boy for a Catholic church growing up. As an adult I am unable to maintain healthy relationships and have nightmares every night. I wonder if the are connected?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

gently caress the ROW posted:

i resent that remark, i have never posted in d&d ever

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

PyPy posted:

I was an altar boy for a Catholic church growing up. As an adult I am unable to maintain healthy relationships and have nightmares every night. I wonder if the are connected?

no you're probably just a regular gently caress up

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

PyPy posted:

Catholicism is the bums rush, sorry dude.

Pizzagate Pedophile
Mar 2, 2013

by Lowtax
How many % of pedo events are caused by GAY PEOPLE ? Makes you think :O

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008

PyPy posted:

why do you think they even created the post of altar boy in the first place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
so a 98% non pedophile rate? Star trek conventions should take some lessons.

• Locked thread