Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Sunday Standings

Today's Schedule

National Broadcasts
All times Eastern
  • 1:05 pm - Chicago White Sox at Cleveland Indians - WGN America
  • 2:10 pm - St. Louis Cardinals at Milwaukee Brewers - TBS
  • 8:05 pm - New York Yankees at Baltimore Orioles - ESPN

Today in Baseball History
  • 1934- Babe Ruth hits his 700th career Home Run off of Tommy Bridges of the Detroit Tigers.
  • 1943- Philadelphia's Shibe Park plays host to the first night All-Star Game, as the American League beats the National League 5-3.
  • 1963- Early Wynn registers his 300th and last victory as the Cleveland Indians beat the Kansas City A's 7-4.
  • 1971- Reggie Jackson hits a home run that hits a transformer on the roof of Tiger Stadium's Right Field roof as the American League beats the National League 6-4 in the All-Star Game.
  • 1991- The Baltimore Orioles use 4 pitchers in a combined no-hitter in Oakland, blanking the A's, 2-0. Bob Milack, Mike Flanagan, Mark Williamson, and Gregg Olson all contribute in the no-hit victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

2007. I don't think the streak dies today.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
gently caress

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
It's nice to see that Liriano's picking up where he left off :smithicide:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Alfredo Simon is getting handshakes in the dugout, sounds like he is an All-Star.

Ron Mexico
Dec 31, 2004

For anyone watching the CLE/CHW game, I just found out that Trevor Bauer has some interesting videos on his Youtube channel about his pitching methodology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmSMSEdyNVU

I'm probably late to the party on that but maybe I'm not the only one.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I feel like the Jays current 'hitting is for heretics' lineup vs. David Price may be a slight mismatch.

On the other hand, no Buck today so I also feel as though I have to take advantage of this opportunity.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

The Pussy Boss posted:

Alfredo Simon is getting handshakes in the dugout, sounds like he is an All-Star.
Yeah, they announced it on WLW. Who is he replacing?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Hoo boy this Royals lineup.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Abner Assington posted:

Yeah, they announced it on WLW. Who is he replacing?

Probably Cueto, he's ineligible now that he's pitched on Sunday before the ASG. When MadBum goes this afternoon they'll need to pick a sub for him too.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
OK awesome. Now that lightning needs to roll in for an hour and knock Cueto out at four innings and we might have some kind of shot

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

The Pussy Boss posted:

Probably Cueto, he's ineligible now that he's pitched on Sunday before the ASG. When MadBum goes this afternoon they'll need to pick a sub for him too.
Oh, duh. Forgot about that.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Thank you for the run, Royals.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Listening to Hudler and Physioc for this series might be the best sports schadenfreude I've gotten in a long time.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
They're piping the world cup at the rain delay in Cincinnati. Overheard "both these teams stink"

Ron Mexico
Dec 31, 2004

No runs, 10 strikeouts for Bauer, plus popping Gomes in the head a couple times. Not bad.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

loving Trout

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

VJeff posted:

Listening to Hudler and Physioc for this series might be the best sports schadenfreude I've gotten in a long time.

I'm guess I'm glad someone gets some enjoyment out of them.

What's Ventura on here, 3 days rest?

Persona non grata
Apr 25, 2010
Jays are just never going to beat Price.

How effective would it be to just bunt every at bat in an attempt to tire out a pitcher? If anyone gets on they should take egregious one-way leads so that the pitcher has to constantly throw over.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

:siren: Reds try the suicide squeeze play!!! and it fails horribly

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Giants just turned a turd into a diamond.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Alcantarowns!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Brad Ausmus might be an idiot.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

All that's left for the Jays now is to coast back into 4th in the AL East.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
Todd Frazier owns, that is all.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

I like Morse, but I really wish he would cut his hair, because that combined with his number makes me mistake him for Crawford.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

lol Adrianza gets a double

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ausmus successfully managing Verlander into a loss.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Belatedly: :sweep: gently caress the fishies.

Oh man that broom was dusty. Hasn't got a lot of work of late...

a rowdy mullet
Feb 12, 2009
Smoak and Ackley should both be DFA'd into the sun

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

BYE BYE BABY :woop::woop::woop::woop:

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
kiss me on the lips buster posey

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

kiss me on the lips buster posey

He is a beautiful man, there's no denying it.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Holy poo poo, if that stands it's hilarious

But it won't.

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Oh my God Pablo's double play. ahahahahahaha

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

hahaha

Panda at full speed is a scary thing, Prado had no chance to stay on the bag

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

anytime Arizona wants to run into outs with Goldschmidt at bat is OK w/ me

sick catch by Pence, how did he run that down??

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I don't think I can remember the last time I saw a guy get out because the ball hit him.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
MAD loving BUM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

DEATH TO THE AMERICAN LEAGUE

• Locked thread