Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
No jackass 40 chugger in the hood is going to figure out that cocaine + baking soda + heat = mo money mo money mo money. White people did that poo poo think about it.

p.s. You think some sister loving nascar watching RIP dale moron invented meth in a trailer park? Rich white people did that poo poo think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i invented crack

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
meth was that japanese dude right? in like 1904ish or whatever.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
it was the CIA trying to destroy the inner cities op

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
How does anyone invent anything. If people can invent the Victoria sponge they can invent crack

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...
They learned it in the joint.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
i smoke weed and snort cocaine

why not combine the two

there you go OP, question answered

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
when youre unemployed you end up putting all kinds of stuff in the microwave

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
crack is whack op hth

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
im imagining some kind of sitcom situation where some bakes a cake that's half baking powder half cocaine hope this helps op

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
isn't baking soda like the first thing after flour that you would use to try to hide the fact that you used up some of the cocaine already? and then i guess you heat it and spill water on it and put it in a pipe and burn it and inhale no of courses the loving CIA invented it

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

Effectronica posted:

it was the CIA trying to destroy the inner cities op

same they also developed AIDs and spread it to gay black males

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Alberto Basalm posted:

same they also developed AIDs and spread it to gay black males

That was people in Africa that were having sex with gorillas, dummy.

Nehacoo
Sep 9, 2011

Count Freebasie posted:

That was people in Africa that were having sex with gorillas, dummy.

actually, it was me.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
It was Billy Black, a mild-mannered African American chemistry teacher at a high school who was well into the disco scene in '78 and worked out how to purify the groove with coke when he had to start paying for cable.

Everything he did, he did for his famil

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW
It's like that episode of sliders where penicillin wasn't invented yet, and the scientists were like "MOLD?" I forget how it ends.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Nehacoo posted:

actually, it was me.

Figures that patient zero is a goon.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
op perhaps you dont remember what came before crack, freebase cocaine, and how hard that poo poo was to make. making crack is exactly the type of poo poo some idiot in the hood would figure out

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW

Cocaine is a weakly alkaline compound (an "alkaloid"), and can therefore combine with acidic compounds to form various salts. The hydrochloride (HCl) salt of cocaine is by far the most commonly encountered, although the sulfate (-SO4) and the nitrate (-NO3) are occasionally seen. Different salts dissolve to a greater or lesser extent in various solvents – the hydrochloride salt is polar in character and is quite soluble in water.

yep

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

uG posted:

op perhaps you dont remember what came before crack, freebase cocaine, and how hard that poo poo was to make. making crack is exactly the type of poo poo some idiot in the hood would figure out

:whatup:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Design Spots posted:

Cocaine is a weakly alkaline compound (an "alkaloid"), and can therefore combine with acidic compounds to form various salts. The hydrochloride (HCl) salt of cocaine is by far the most commonly encountered, although the sulfate (-SO4) and the nitrate (-NO3) are occasionally seen. Different salts dissolve to a greater or lesser extent in various solvents – the hydrochloride salt is polar in character and is quite soluble in water.

yep

so it was walter white then

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Wasn't freebase a thing before crack? like processed with ether and poo poo, but then somebody figured out you could just use baking soda instead to greatly decrease the risk of loving exploding and so then kitchens across the A began echoing with the sound of gold clattering on pyrex

E: wasn't that actually how richard pryor caught heself on fire?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the chemistry is pretty simple, freebase tends to hold up better to heat than hcl. You can smoke regular powder cocaine if you want and it will have some effect but the majority of it you are literally just lighting on fire and breaking down into nothing of interest. This isn't groundbreaking or unique to cocaine and anyone who did well in AP chemistry could have sorted this out on their own.

dontcareaboutname posted:

meth was that japanese dude right? in like 1904ish or whatever.

meth was actually a key export from japan to germany when they were the axis (not the meth itself but the knowledge to make meth)

at the end of the war hitler's personal doctor was shooting him up with meth in the morning and barbiturates at night to sleep and this played a part, among other things, in hitler being unavailable the morning of the d-day invasion to order the tanks to move in to normandy

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E70q9ojUauM&t=43s

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Not all drug dealers are uneducated. Someone further up the supply chain in the 80s probably realized they weren't getting any traction with powder-cocaine in low-income areas and they realized they could sell freebase to people who couldn't afford to buy blow with their low income.

It ain't a loving conspiracy. It's the same stupid poo poo that causes designer drugs to be sold as acid and ecstasy.

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEH_LSL4rVw

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

gggiiimmmppp posted:

the chemistry is pretty simple, freebase tends to hold up better to heat than hcl. You can smoke regular powder cocaine if you want and it will have some effect but the majority of it you are literally just lighting on fire and breaking down into nothing of interest. This isn't groundbreaking or unique to cocaine and anyone who did well in AP chemistry could have sorted this out on their own.

meth was actually a key export from japan to germany when they were the axis (not the meth itself but the knowledge to make meth)

at the end of the war hitler's personal doctor was shooting him up with meth in the morning and barbiturates at night to sleep and this played a part, among other things, in hitler being unavailable the morning of the d-day invasion to order the tanks to move in to normandy

that's the funniest meth story i've heard

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

hemophilia posted:

Not all drug dealers are uneducated. Someone further up the supply chain in the 80s probably realized they weren't getting any traction with powder-cocaine in low-income areas and they realized they could sell freebase to people who couldn't afford to buy blow with their low income.

It ain't a loving conspiracy. It's the same stupid poo poo that causes designer drugs to be sold as acid and ecstasy.

the big thing I think is that smoking is about as fast as injecting and you can do it without special equipment or AIDS

in this case fast = more addicts so if you're at the top of the pyramid it's a no brainer

e: you see these in a lot of gas stations:

add some steel wool and it's a crackpipe. You'll often see glass roses and steel wool poo poo next to each other in gas stations, and this is why. It's a crackpipe kit.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 13, 2014

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Anyone who paid attention in high school chemistry can make crack or meth. It's not hard.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

John Denver Hoxha posted:

Wasn't freebase a thing before crack? like processed with ether and poo poo, but then somebody figured out you could just use baking soda instead to greatly decrease the risk of loving exploding and so then kitchens across the A began echoing with the sound of gold clattering on pyrex

E: wasn't that actually how richard pryor caught heself on fire?

yes it's literally mentioned 3 posts above yours

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW

roboshit posted:

Anyone who paid attention in high school chemistry can make crack or meth. It's not hard.

wal-mart outlawwed buying nyquil for a reason in large batches.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...+cases&_sacat=0

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVzhvz3S7FI

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

roboshit posted:

I didn't, so I guess no money no addiction for dumb ol me :(

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW
Some poor guy out there was fllaged for buying a case on nyquil, in his non corporate store

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

What you gotta do is get some of your tweaker buddies to drive out to the suburbs and get the poo poo there. Before they got busted I had my boys Iceicle and Shardy Steve drive out to a rich white person neighborhood 20 miles away and buy as much pseudo as they legally could.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I have to go to the pharmacy counter, show ID and enter into a state registry to buy sudafed. I can buy a big box of regular sudafed and a small box of 12 hour time release but I can't buy a box of regular and a box of 24 hour or it's a felony because that's too many mgs

They want to make it require a prescription which is absurd but a few states have already gone this route

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

gggiiimmmppp posted:

the big thing I think is that smoking is about as fast as injecting and you can do it without special equipment or AIDS

in this case fast = more addicts so if you're at the top of the pyramid it's a no brainer

e: you see these in a lot of gas stations:

add some steel wool and it's a crackpipe. You'll often see glass roses and steel wool poo poo next to each other in gas stations, and this is why. It's a crackpipe kit.

:stonk: what gas station sells this poo poo

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW

gggiiimmmppp posted:

I have to go to the pharmacy counter, show ID and enter into a state registry to buy sudafed. I can buy a big box of regular sudafed and a small box of 12 hour time release but I can't buy a box of regular and a box of 24 hour or it's a felony because that's too many mgs

They want to make it require a prescription which is absurd but a few states have already gone this route

if you are a cop you can buy out drug counters.

even threaten you with a raid

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

gggiiimmmppp posted:

I have to go to the pharmacy counter, show ID and enter into a state registry to buy sudafed. I can buy a big box of regular sudafed and a small box of 12 hour time release but I can't buy a box of regular and a box of 24 hour or it's a felony

it's funny because this, like the war on drugs in general, is a waste of time because it just pushes meth production into other countries who make higher quality crank and who just ship it back to the united states. the only people this affects are like small time tweakers who cook for themselves and they'll probably end up just breaking into a pharmacy to steal the prescription only pseudoephedrine and end up killing some poor pharmacy tech accidentally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

feld posted:

:stonk: what gas station sells this poo poo

A ton, just ask. Usually under the counter.

• Locked thread