Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

indigi posted:

the hall was obviously for security training and practice. the fish was there as a means of intimidation by showing how sharp the blades were and to be like "lol we got fish to just waste." a man did slip on fish though you are righgt about that.

slipping on the fish was fuckin great haha. A lot of the people in the theater weren't laughing, but I was, very loudly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I really don't quite get how this movie is already a year old and had Captain America, thie White Witch, General Francis Hummel, Trevor Bruttenholm, and Kim Pine in it but didn't get a US release til just now

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
oh yeah also that Oscar Winning black lady from The Help

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

indigi posted:

I really don't quite get how this movie is already a year old and had Captain America, thie White Witch, General Francis Hummel, Trevor Bruttenholm, and Kim Pine in it but didn't get a US release til just now

no chris evans booty shaking goodness

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Hollywood is bullshit, that's how.

"You know what's a good idea? Instead of an Native American actor playing Tonto we'll get Johnny loving Depp!"

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
i saw it in a theather that only sat 52 people. i liked it.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

indigi posted:

Wikipedia posted:

The North American rights were acquired by The Weinstein Company in 2012, based on the script and some completed footage, with a plan for wide release in the United States and Canada. However it was only released in the US on June 27, 2014 in just eight theaters in selected cities.[22] This delay was caused by Harvey Weinstein, an owner of The Weinstein Company, requesting 20 minutes of footage be cut and opening and closing monologues be added. Bong refused to cut it. American fans anticipating the film were outraged, spawning the Free Snowpiercer petition campaign (founded by cinematic activist Denise Heard-Bashur) demanding the director's cut of the film to be released in the US.[23] Eventually Bong succeeded in getting the film released in an uncut form,[24] however Weinstein retaliated by relegating the film to Radius-TWC, which meant the film only received a limited release in art house cinemas.[25] On July 2, it was announced that thanks to the positive reviews and buzz the film would get a wider US release and play in over 150 theaters.[26]

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

harvey weinstein actually said from his mouth hole "this is too smart for people in iowa and oklahoma."

:laffo: america is so hosed

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

ice train is a really good and cool movie and you should go get hosed if you think otherwise

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

axeil posted:

harvey weinstein actually said from his mouth hole "this is too smart for people in iowa and oklahoma."

:laffo: america is so hosed

this from a guy who distributed a silent foreign black and white film

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
So who fixes the tracks if there are issues. Are there robots or small children in the front of the train that fix the tracks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Peztopiary posted:

"You know what's a good idea? Instead of an Native American actor playing Tonto we'll get Johnny loving Depp!"

Well there's not many native americans who can play Johnny Depp, so it makes sense.

• Locked thread