Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Mike Trout has multiple sclerosis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

For a team I didn't draft, I'm proud of how the Indians started. 7-7 with the AL's best ERA. 52 Runs is on the lower end of offensive production, but only 37 earned runs (41 total) got an alright set up. Seems like the pitching is there, maybe with one or two more tweaks, but the batting order might need some adjustment. I'll let it ride out for now and see how the next update or so goes before I get too "tinkerbell" with it, though.

I'll do a full team effort post when in the next update or so. Gotta see who is worth bringing up and who isn't first!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

IcePhoenix posted:

Well, that was unexpected.

Tellllll usssssssssss

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
The Mets don't actually suck? (haha this will never happen).

But seriously, tell us.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Alan Trammell posted:

Mike Trout has multiple sclerosis?

Don't make me kill you.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

straight up brolic posted:

SP1 Yovani Gallardo - legitimately good pitcher I think.

May 1st, 2014

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Can we get a screenshot of Houston's lineups? I really want to see a team with a team-wide OPS of .820

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

11 9 more dingers than the next-best team? That's all I could have possibly asked for :)

Ice To Meet You fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 18, 2014

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I'd like to see my lineups that the AI came up with.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
:negative:

noo.....nooooooooo

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
lmao jacob turner and marcus stroman: pitchers of the month

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
Well that was better, though I do hope that Yu starts striking people out soon. I guess my bullpen must be doing horribly, though I'm not sure why they would unless the starters I put there don't translate well.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
Hooray for CarGo Uno, Iwakuma and Homer Bailey bringing me out of the cellar!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Im doing all the moves boys

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Uh, what happened to miggy? Him not being on any of the NL batting leaderboards surprised me.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Uh, what happened to miggy? Him not being on any of the NL batting leaderboards surprised me.

Sample size happened.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Welp, "team of SP2/SP3s" seems to not be the best strategy.

Either that, or loving Colorado skews pitching/hitting.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

Sample size happened.

Mike Trout is not the best player in the league after 1 month. Immersion ruined.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Paul Zuvella posted:

Sample size happened.

Damnit I drafted him 3rd overall to hit dingers not to be laid low by silly things like sample size

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
My offense: it is not good. Looking at those leaderboards it seems like Everth Cabrera and Cruz are the only players on my team doing anything. I have this sneaking suspicion Chris Carter is a black hole in the DH spot.

7-3 in the last 10, and I'm over .500 so I can't really complain. Plus, Gerrit Cole is the AL King of FIP and WAR

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Freese is hitting the cover of the ball and Yasmani Grandal is a walking machine, and my staff is killing it at keeping the ball in the park. I fully expect the Reds record to normalize to a couple games above .500 soon.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

:eek: It's just one month...

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Hey commish can I get a slash line for ANDRUW "DUTCH BABY" JONES?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Gorman Thomas posted:

Im gonna guess HE'S/lovely

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
OBP master Ryan Hanigan

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

JosefStalinator posted:

OBP master Ryan Hanigan
He's actually pretty good at it. Stephen Drew being one of the OBP leaders is the real :stonklol:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Evan Longoria mashin' taters better than anyone in the NL, and we haven't even been to Coors yet. Meanwhile, Wachas tied for the lead in K's.

The loving San Diego Padres. :getin:

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Pander posted:

He's actually pretty good at it. Stephen Drew being one of the OBP leaders is the real :stonklol:

OBP nothing he's second in OPS, now thats some good sample sizin.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

How are Wlad Balentien and Kevin Youkilis playing lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tatankatonk posted:

Can we get a screenshot of Houston's lineups? I really want to see a team with a team-wide OPS of .820

kensei posted:

I'd like to see my lineups that the AI came up with.

angrygodofjebus posted:

My offense: it is not good. Looking at those leaderboards it seems like Everth Cabrera and Cruz are the only players on my team doing anything. I have this sneaking suspicion Chris Carter is a black hole in the DH spot.

7-3 in the last 10, and I'm over .500 so I can't really complain. Plus, Gerrit Cole is the AL King of FIP and WAR

Gorman Thomas posted:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Interesting. Thanks for posting those. Will the next update have some expanded team stats, or can we just request those?

(Isn't there a way to make the files exportable, so we can see what we want to see in our own install of OOTP?)

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Kevin Youkilis, full-time 3B.

On the other hand, OoTP is accurately simulating Marcus Stroman's outstanding success as a starter, so that's a relief.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kensei posted:

Interesting. Thanks for posting those. Will the next update have some expanded team stats, or can we just request those?

(Isn't there a way to make the files exportable, so we can see what we want to see in our own install of OOTP?)

I'd prefer to only do those by request because doing it for all 30 teams would take foreveerrrrr.

(There probably is but I don't know how to do it)

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

I'd prefer to only do those by request because doing it for all 30 teams would take foreveerrrrr.

(There probably is but I don't know how to do it)

I think as long as you just Export like found here: http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/index.php?man=ootp15&page=import_export_functions nothing should break?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It would generate a ton of reports.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

May 16th, 2014

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
John Mayberry loving Junior, 2nd in NL RBIs.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

In case anyone was wondering, Colorado hit 28 home runs in those 16 days.

LA and San Fran have 28 dingers total.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Jesus christ how do you slug .336 as a team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Can you post my pitching stats? Cause drat only the Cubs have me beat in ERA.

• Locked thread