Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

So I drafted the Atlanta Barves. My record looks accurate, because I was drafting basically halfway blind. I've since purchased OOTP15, and learned that the game hates basically everyone I took a flyer on. Furthermore, I'm starting something like 5 rookies that have like a week combined of major league experience. But I have Miggy so maybe everything will go okay.

EDIT: Wait a second, apparently the commissioner's own team is going to win 106 games, 10 more than the next highest team. I sense treachery is afoot.

TheFlyingLlama fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Uh, what happened to miggy? Him not being on any of the NL batting leaderboards surprised me.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Paul Zuvella posted:

Sample size happened.

Damnit I drafted him 3rd overall to hit dingers not to be laid low by silly things like sample size

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Jesus christ how do you slug .336 as a team

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

IcePhoenix, you mind posting my hitting stats? I need to know if I should just completely bench Baez.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

jesus goddamn christ. Not one player hitting .300?

Okay, time to trade off all my decent players for prospects. Miggy's on the auction block, so's Ellsburry and anyone in my rotation/bullpen you'd want. Just make a halfway reasonable offer in the thread and I'd probably take it. Now, I'd bench Baez except that Tejada isn't actually hitting any better. For the moment

Miggy moves to 3B
Duda moves to 1B
McLouth moves to RF.

Lineup should be

Jacoby
Miggy
Hamilton
Duda
McLouth
Salty
Baez
Lindsey

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

This isn't a multi year league so I'm not really going to let you trade miggy for prospects

Hm. Okay. Can I trade him for less good players and prospects, or is it basically a case where Miggy's untradeable because of league balance/possible collusion reasons?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

It's probably the latter, unfortunately. Like, you'd really need to get another elite-ish player back for it to work out, otherwise it's not really fair to the rest of the league.

Fair enough then.

Rotation/Bullpen and Ellsbury are still on the board though, for anyone looking for some pitching or a CF.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

tadashi posted:

Who the hell is Taylor Lindsey and how did he get on the Braves?

Taylor Lindsey is what happens when you wait like 20 rounds to grab a starting 2B.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Goddamn my draft went poorly. I started like 4 high ceiling rookies, and only one was above average.

Thank god for Taylor Lindsey.

• Locked thread