Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Grey Skies posted:

why is it funny for u to have a penis...... on ur fukken head bitch lol

I don't think this was handled right. I don't see it as situational humor because it's just depressing if you view it from the angle of a transgender woman looking at the video. Whatever his intention, people were laughing "oh, ha she has a penis" part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Fucker posted:

I don't think this was handled right. I don't see it as situational humor because it's just depressing if you view it from the angle of a transgender woman looking at the video. Whatever his intention, people were laughing "oh, ha she has a penis" part.

Its called shock humor you autistic person.

Things that are unexpected can be funny.

Go back to your Thomas The Tank train.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

psyopmonkey posted:

The punchline is her having a penis; that is the problem, yes.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

psyopmonkey posted:

Yes. A lot of people in the "trans community" dont have a very thick skin. Everything is a personal assault on their gender expression and identity. Any joke is the most abhorrent thing on the planet, and run for the hills if it has anything to do with transgender topics.

Wanna get treated like everyone else? Maybe you shouldnt constantly try to put yourself on a pedestal.

The problem I have with that reasoning is that it also justifies things like Amos n' Andy. Lots of black people liked Amos n' Andy because it was the only TV/radio show with black characters at that time, but the NAACP came out against it for perpetuating negative stereotypes. These days, most people (including me) agree with the NAACP's view. Is our view valid, or do we just need a thicker skin?

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

am i gay if i exclusively gently caress preop trannies, and only give and never take

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

psyopmonkey posted:

Fucker is pretending to be shocked

it's called trolling

jesus christ

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

gnarlyhotep posted:

Fucker is pretending to be shocked

it's called trolling

jesus christ

not even that brother. ive been copy pasting posts from from this awesome thread

Fucker fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jul 14, 2014

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Fucker posted:

not even that brother. ive been copy pasting posts from from this awesome thread

whatever, same poo poo

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

gnarlyhotep posted:

whatever, same poo poo

yeah but way less effort

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Pththya-lyi posted:

The problem I have with that reasoning is that it also justifies things like Amos n' Andy. Lots of black people liked Amos n' Andy because it was the only TV/radio show with black characters at that time, but the NAACP came out against it for perpetuating negative stereotypes. These days, most people (including me) agree with the NAACP's view. Is our view valid, or do we just need a thicker skin?

Shades of grey, not black and white. Views and public opinion is always changing. Hopefully in a few years trans people wont be looked down upon or treated as poorly as they are today. However, the "trans communities" non-stop, unflinching, horrible outlook on everything is not helping whatsoever.

These people need to bend like a branch before they snap like a tree. Not everything is a hague/geneva level warcrime; jokes arnt all "a step back in progress".

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

lonesomedwarf posted:

am i gay if i exclusively gently caress preop trannies, and only give and never take

Youre whatever you want to be. Just keep on shining you crazy diamond!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

psyopmonkey posted:

Shades of grey, not black and white. Views and public opinion is always changing. Hopefully in a few years trans people wont be looked down upon or treated as poorly as they are today. However, the "trans communities" non-stop, unflinching, horrible outlook on everything is not helping whatsoever.

These people need to bend like a branch before they snap like a tree. Not everything is a hague/geneva level warcrime; jokes arnt all "a step back in progress".

so if i wanted to make jokes about porch monkeys, you'd have my blessing?

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Pththya-lyi posted:

so if i wanted to make jokes about porch monkeys, you'd have my blessing?

Doug Stanhope, Jim Jefferies, and a bunch of other comedians are doing just fine by regressing their language and topic. Louis CK openly makes jokes with the N-word. If you wanna make racial jokes go right ahead, just make sure theyre funny. Same goes with trans or any other minority group.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Demon of the East posted:

goddamn there's nothing left of him you monster

and this ash is ... ice cold

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

thomans the troon engine

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

psyopmonkey posted:

Doug Stanhope, Jim Jefferies, and a bunch of other comedians are doing just fine by regressing their language and topic. Louis CK openly makes jokes with the N-word. If you wanna make racial jokes go right ahead, just make sure theyre funny. Same goes with trans or any other minority group.

psyopmonkey, help! I was walking down the street singing "friend of the family Eat a Watermelon, HA HA HA!" and a black person punched me in the face! It's a funny song, why would they do that?

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Pththya-lyi posted:

psyopmonkey, help! I was walking down the street singing "friend of the family Eat a Watermelon, HA HA HA!" and a black person punched me in the face! It's a funny song, why would they do that?

thats not right! you shouldnt punch ppl!

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp

Indeed.

quote:

her penis

quote:

Her having a penis

quote:

a woman having a penis

quote:

woman's dick

quote:

Her penis isn't treated as insignificant.

quote:

women with penises

quote:

a woman with a penis

quote:

the pain and suffering of a woman who will struggle for her entire life to find her place in the world...

...He spent time and effort. He found a wonderful woman. They are going to have sex, she has a penis. What a terrible discovery for him.

quote:

the woman has a penis

quote:

Turns out guy loves girl, but girl unfortunately had a penis

quote:

She is a woman, an infertile woman, but a woman.

quote:

it's a hard fact of your life that you're a woman with a penis and you have to accept it

quote:

He met an amazing girl, but it just happens to be someone who isn't right for him. It's not his fault he didn't have knowledge of the penis

:psyboom:

Kirk Johnson fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jul 14, 2014

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Fucker posted:

The funny part is that he gets his hopes up, thinks she is the best girl he has ever met and is then stumped on the part where she has a dick but he still keeps liking her. Always very explicitly "her" by the way.

Oh, what do I even answering this, this is so obviously a troll.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Pththya-lyi posted:

these songs about transwomen ("Lola," "Dude Looks Like a Lady," etc.) are always about a cisdude being embarrassed. i for one would like some more variety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KaWSOlASWc

sesame_samuel_
Dec 24, 2012

Pork Pro

Pththya-lyi posted:

The key difference between hate and *trait*-ist humor in the general, I think, lies in the intent and situation. Street-singing racially-charged songs is not okay, even if you aren't actually doing so with racist intent, but stand-up comedians, if they aren't actually racists, could tell a joke using stereotype and such and it's totes fine.

This of course all dissolves when you go by person-to-person opinions on a given thing, so this is all fruitless really.

This is also my effort post for the year, my apologies to any GBSers who might be aghast.

Also:

Monstrous Dooklord posted:

what part of that song is funny? you stupid friend of the family

sesame_samuel_ fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jul 14, 2014

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
it must be hard for howards stern and mandel to see an 84 year old man come up and be funnier in 5 minutes then they were in their whole careers

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pththya-lyi posted:

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

it must be hard for howards stern and mandel to see an 84 year old man come up and be funnier in 5 minutes then they were in their whole careers

hahahahah

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

:golfclap:

I still like that movie Little Monsters.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

psyopmonkey posted:

:golfclap:

I still like that movie Little Monsters.

no

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Monstrous Dooklord posted:

i have to sing it to end racism for good

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know who else was in the contest but this man was the clear weiner.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
He seems like a cool grandpa

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
singing is gay

i am he
Feb 4, 2014

is this you?

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
how come every single one of these threads start to be about psyopsmonkey sooner or later

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

Police Automaton posted:

how come every single one of these threads start to be about psyopsmonkey sooner or later

attention... whore? :monocle:

GODS NOT REAL
Sep 25, 2012

YOU STUPID BUNNIES
Transphobia is funny when it's not happening to you is the general consensus in society I guess..

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010

I have been triggered

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

trainsexuals aren't in the bible

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
if they replaced psyopmonkey entire body with the body of a hot woman, I think it could work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

lol look at this loser who never suck a girl's dick.

• Locked thread