Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"No seriously, we're the best league in the world"
*best player gets traded away each year*

How has no one made this great thread? We have such amazing things to discuss!

"But he will never leave Liverpool he loves the club!"

"He will win the world cup and lead Manchester United to glory glory!"

"Wenger is like his dad he would never betray us!"

"He will lead Spain and Chelsea as top goal scorer!!!!"

MEANWHILE

FOR A LAUGH:

quote:

Sportswear giant Adidas has signed a £750m deal to make Manchester United's kit for 10 years from next season.
It comes after US rivals Nike decided to end their association at the end of the coming 2014-15 season.
Nike have been paying United £23.5m a year, and the new deal is worth a world record-breaking £75m a season to the Old Trafford club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Yay barclays is back!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
4/4 bad posters

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
This is a league full of wastemen and will never match the excitement of the championship

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Ugh thank god the international break is over...lets post some formations in ASCII code

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do Arsenal fans feel betrayed by Cesc?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Abu Dave posted:

The ones I've talked to blame Wenger for it, but admittedly they've been loudly blaming Wenger for everything for what feels like forever.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Can't wait for the exciting preseason friendlies against international powerhouses like *checks notes* Shamrock Rovers

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Are foam cans coming to the BPL?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Are foam cans coming to the BPL?

Dunno but they're coming to Champions League

e: Premier League's gonna discuss it soon

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Abu Dave posted:

Nah. He would have come but we had Ozil. Theoretically.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Will the foam even be able to withstand a wet Tuesday night in Stoke??

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

August will be fairly kind to West Brom (I hope...), opening with Sunderland (H), Southampton (A), and Swansea (A). Could have been a lot worse.

On the other hand, I think West Brom's end of season will be very similar to Norwich last year. Our last five are Liverpool (H), Manchester United (A), Newcastle (A), Chelsea (H), and Arsenal (A). Luckily the three matches immediately before that are QPR (H), Leicester (H), and Palace (A) so we will have opportunity to grab some last minute points in April, but May is probably going to be a 0 point month so I hope we are safe by then. :ohdear:

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

This is a league full of wastemen and will never match the excitement of the championship

Agreed. But besides that does anybody have the link to that Q&A Mourinho did where he answered some questions and it showed just how much Madrid had broken him?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Chelsea's offseason has been a real mixed bag imo, between the offloading of wasteman David Luiz, the retirement of Fat Frank Lampard and the acquisition of Spaniards Cesc and Costa I can't really get a bead on whether it's been good to us or not. I think it's insane to consider wheeling and dealing Lukaku when he had the season he had at Everton and then Belgium looked so much better every time he was on the field - but maybe JOse feels he's peaked and now's the time to sell? Similarly, Thibaut Courtois having an uncertain role seems kind of an embarassment of riches with Petr Cech still in ok form.

It was sad seeing De Bruyne looking like the focal point of the belgium attack and Hazard looking so wasteful and out of place but he's been a lot more successful surrounded with his club teammates so maybe that's just a symptom of Belgium dysfunction.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Man Utd will finally get that elusive fourth (4th) place trophy this year.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

corn in the fridge posted:

Man Utd will finally get that elusive fourth (4th) place trophy this year.

they won't

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Ban me if Man Utd finish in the top 4 this season.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I have no idea where Liverpool will end up. If they stay in the CL places, I don't think the fans will have any cause for complaint. A trophy would be nice for Rodgers' transfer luring power, though.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Chelsea's offseason has been a real mixed bag imo, between the offloading of wasteman David Luiz, the retirement of Fat Frank Lampard and the acquisition of Spaniards Cesc and Costa I can't really get a bead on whether it's been good to us or not. I think it's insane to consider wheeling and dealing Lukaku when he had the season he had at Everton and then Belgium looked so much better every time he was on the field - but maybe JOse feels he's peaked and now's the time to sell? Similarly, Thibaut Courtois having an uncertain role seems kind of an embarassment of riches with Petr Cech still in ok form.

It was sad seeing De Bruyne looking like the focal point of the belgium attack and Hazard looking so wasteful and out of place but he's been a lot more successful surrounded with his club teammates so maybe that's just a symptom of Belgium dysfunction.

Given how Chelsea seemed vindicated by the club or international performances of every player Mourinho got rid of, I think you guys will be fine. I'm not totally convinced by Costa, but you have enough quality in the attacking midfield that he doesn't need to be super prolific. Hazard had a great season and I think you're just getting distracted by the media hype around Belgium. If Mourinho doesn't have a good relationship with Lukaku despite Drogba chipping in a good word for the guy, then that's just how it has to be.

To be honest, I'm surprised the more financially responsible Chelsea hasn't gotten rid of Cech yet. I don't think Courtois' wages would be higher just yet and they'd still get some value for Cech.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Just to summarize for Chelsea

In:
Cesc from Barcelona

Out:
David Luiz to PSG
Cole Released (to Roma)
Lampard Released
Eto'o Released
Hilario Released
Sam Hutchinson to Sheffield Weds

Loans:
Wallace to Vitesse
Kalas to Koln
Cuevas to Universidad de Chile
Thorgan Hazard to Borussia Monchengladbach
Traore to Vitesse

Rumors:
Felipe Luis and Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid
Kroos from Bayern Munich
Ba and Marin to Besiktas on Loan
20 other players to somewhere on loan

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
Premier League announced the UK TV fixtures for the first couple months.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2014-15/jul/opening-live-uk-television-fixtures-for-2014-2015-season-released.html

Manchester United v. Swansea will be the first match.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

i loving hate chelsea's loan bullshit.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

straight up brolic posted:

Haters like you are always going to hate.

Don't hate the player. Hate the game (which is dead).

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Just to summarize for Chelsea

In:
Cesc from Barcelona

what about diego costa r-tard. I'm really liking Chelsea's moves, I think this is our year.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Mean Bean Machine posted:

what about diego costa r-tard. I'm really liking Chelsea's moves, I think this is our year.

Personal terms haven't been agreed.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought Costa was personal although after his World Cup performance they should stick him with Torres in the pastor

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
chelsea are going to win the premier league this season and i will be sad

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Kroos from Bayern Munichn

lol if you believe this

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

stickyfngrdboy posted:

same

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Not with Costa leading the line they won't.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Not with Costa leading the line they won't.

i think they will

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Well personally I believe he'll be a huge flop but they came pretty close this season with an even worse striker so yeah it's quite possible.

I'm also somewhat skeptical of Fabregas being good cause he was quite poo poo in Barcelona but we'll just have to wait and see.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I don't think you guys hating on Costa are going to be acting the same way during the season. Spain was garbage but so was Italy; that doesn't mean that Pirlo is poo poo all of a sudden. Costa will bang plenty of goals in.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
He was also pretty bad towards the end of the season in Atletico, all in all he only had half a season in which he looked like a 30+ million pounds striker, that's why I think it's a rash purchase on Roman's behalf.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Abu Dave posted:

I thought Costa was personal although after his World Cup performance they should stick him with Torres in the pastor

pastor travis?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

If Costa starts scoring Chelsea will probably win the league, they've got an insane amount of talent now. City will probably be a close second though I think Arsenal are going to do very well this season.

Brony Car posted:

I have no idea where Liverpool will end up. If they stay in the CL places, I don't think the fans will have any cause for complaint. A trophy would be nice for Rodgers' transfer luring power, though.

A 4th place finish and a half-decent run in the CL would be a big success imo, don't think a lot of fans would complain if we get a second season of European football and everyone knows how lucky we were with fixtures last season.

straight up brolic posted:

It's awful and it's ruining football. The FA really need to do something about it.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

I don't think you guys hating on Costa are going to be acting the same way during the season. Spain was garbage but so was Italy; that doesn't mean that Pirlo is poo poo all of a sudden. Costa will bang plenty of goals in.

This is how I feel as well. He hasn't all of a sudden turned poo poo. He scored 36 goals last season, and defenders hate him.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
With Manchester United only having to focus on domestic duties while Liverpool are in Europe - and without the services of Suarez - it would not surprise me if ManU finished in the top 4 again while Liverpool slipped to a Europa League spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

emanresu tnuocca posted:

He was also pretty bad towards the end of the season in Atletico, all in all he only had half a season in which he looked like a 30+ million pounds striker, that's why I think it's a rash purchase on Roman's behalf.
the above is a bad opinion. he was hurt from April on with a hamstring injury and still scored 36 goals. he's quality.

How many goals would he needed to have scored to make you feel that he was good 50? 70? 69?

• Locked thread