Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

I'd just settle for no massive period of being proper poo poo

that's the summer break ahahahahaah!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
gently caress yes was freaking out at not having some football to talk about. united's signings so far this summer have been 'proper tasty' and i expect at least one more cool and good player to join. a good winger would be nice and a leadershipsome center back would also be nice.

they will not win the title but van gaal will be some proper ownage for laffs and cunning decisions. can't wait :rms:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Hegay posted:

You're a City fan and don't even know the full true story of the Toure incident? Lmao you're a joke. Nice code tags nerd

I had heard something about it, but didn't realize he took it seriously enough to want to leave the team

:smith:

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jul 14, 2014

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
does anyone even believe that Toure's actually upset about his bithday?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I think he's upset that he did spend his birthday in Paris

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Eau de MacGowan posted:

You do have to admire the balls on PSG, they get hit with a financial cap and a massive fine they just dont give a solitary gently caress

They're like Saito in Inception.

Blanc : "Because of FPP you'll have to bribe FIFA"
PSG: "We bought Switzerland. It seemed neater."

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I'm really looking forward to this season of club football. The summer shitstorm can't end soon enough.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Shoren posted:

Whoever is negotiating these sponsorships for United is either a genius or a con man.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/general-motors-exec-who-agreed-1218826

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I can't wait. I literally can't lads I don't think I will be watching the 2014-15 PL due to my impending death by lack of football.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Watch out boys, it's happening

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

I thought the Chevy sponsorship was just an anomaly, but coupled with the money Adidas is shelling out to make their kits, too?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
I've seen a few people claim that the United deal means that they gives up their rights (such as club shop, image, online) to Adidas in exchange for a guaranteed GBP70m where as a lot of the shirt deals don't include this component so the difference isn't as big as it seems.

Then again, United is a massive club in commercial terms across the globe.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

United would've done well to give control of their online presence to Adidas, their website is dogshit

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Tortilla Maker posted:

Is there an updated "Which team should I follow" flow chart?

I need a team this season. Solicitations will be appreciated and reviewed.

It was posted literally one post before yours, mod's ban this chucklerfuck

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Sphyre posted:

United would've done well to give control of their online presence to Adidas, their website is dogshit

loving lol you weren't kidding. splash-page.aspx

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
And everything is subscription-gated. Have they learned nothing from City?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Noted non-smoker Jack Wilshire has been caught smoking by the media again.
Surely its time for Wenger to cut his losses and sell the boy.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

It's a minimum of £750m.

Here's a better look at other clubs deals:

City can't get more than £12m per year before the 2019/20 season :cawg:

PirateBob fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jul 15, 2014

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Given how rapidly the shirt market is inflating, I think Liverpool were smart to sign a much shorter contract with Warrior.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

I'll be watching the US tour match this weekend at Seattle and I wonder if we'll see him. I know Soldado is going to be there. Ade got malaria so he's not going.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

PirateBob posted:

It's a minimum of £750m.

Here's a better look at other clubs deals:

I think Chelsea paid Umbro to get out of their kit sponsorship early, so if there's a huge deal waiting in the wings I'm sure they could figure something out.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

quote:

I'll be watching the US tour match this weekend at Seattle and I wonder if we'll see him. I know Soldado is going to be there. Ade got malaria so he's not going.

Can't wait to see them in Chicago, was quite surprised to see my Spurs playing in town.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

PirateBob posted:

Yes PirateBob, poor Manchester City and their want for money.

You realise United have just enabled Etihad to claim fair market value and dump a poo poo ton more 'fair play' 'sponsorship' into City, right?

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
If Manchester city win the league I will post my balls resting inside a 16" chippy box

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Popehoist posted:

If Manchester city win the league I will post my balls resting inside a 16" chippy box

Will the food still be in the box along with your balls?

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

trem_two posted:

Will the food still be in the box along with your balls?

It will, but strategically placed so that only the things I don't want to eat are touching my balls

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I'm thinking about ending my interest in the Premier League and instead follow the German Bundesliga.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Xabi posted:

I'm thinking about ending my interest in the Premier League and instead follow the German Bundesliga.

good choice

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Very good choice.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Xabi posted:

Bayern Munich 2014-2015 Bundesliga Champions

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

NNick posted:

Bayern Munich 2014-2015 Bundesliga Champions

Yeah but who the gently caress cares about them the rest of the league is cool and competitive.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

PirateBob posted:

Well we're owned by a billionaire so I think we'll be okay

edit: Will follow Bundesliga next season when it comes to Fox Sports or whatever

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
Hey, remember Spurs? They've got their stadium deal done, which means one less excuse we can use when they finish in 5th Place.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Yes PirateBob, poor Manchester City and their want for money.

You realise United have just enabled Etihad to claim fair market value and dump a poo poo ton more 'fair play' 'sponsorship' into City, right?

1. It's not about the money per se, it's about the size of the clubs. City are still tiny. You'd have to be dumb to believe I'm referring to spending power.

2. How will they claim fair market value without having any fans?

PirateBob fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jul 16, 2014

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
That kit deal is bollocks and just shouldn't be allowed imo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

kcer posted:

Let the oil clubs spend however much they want

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

Hey, remember Spurs? They've got their stadium deal done, which means one less excuse we can use when they finish in 5th Place.

Which stadium deal did it end up being? Is it the one where they incrementally upgrade White Hart Lane until it's an entirely new stadium that's shifted like ten metres to the side?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

kcer posted:

I honestly don't get it. It's so far above market value and this is an independent third-party company. City's Emirates deal was clearly a brazen money laundering scheme to funnel cash into the club, what's in it for Adidas to pay more than twice what Real Madrid get paid? Off the top of my head I don't know who sells the most shirts but I thought it was Madrid, I doubt United will be massively outselling the two teams that 95% of Spanish speakers in the world support.

edit: internet says United and Madrid are about tied on £1.4m shirts a year each. They're topping out too, City will win more titles than they will over the next decade

Hoops fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jul 16, 2014

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

Hoops posted:

I honestly don't get it. It's so far above market value and this is an independent third-party company. City's Emirates deal was clearly a brazen money laundering scheme to funnel cash into the club, what's in it for Adidas to pay more than twice what Real Madrid get paid? Off the top of my head I don't know who sells the most shirts but I thought it was Madrid, I doubt United will be massively outselling the two teams that 95% of Spanish speakers in the world support.

It's almost as if Adidas knows and understand the business better than a bunch of goons and decided it was worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

ayb posted:

It's almost as if Adidas knows and understand the business better than a bunch of goons and decided it was worth it
"It's pointless to talk about football stuff" - guy who posts on a football forum all the time

• Locked thread