Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snugglecakes
Dec 29, 2008

:h: :glomp: :h:

Doom wants his Apple Juice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Drink the Dragon's Breath.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Section 197 posted:

If you wish to drink a pint of Devil's Brew, turn to Section 172.

If you still insist on apple juice and at the same time would like to tell the barman to mind his manners, turn to Section 71.

Section 172 posted:

You put the mug to your lips and down the foul-tasting drink in one go.

"Ditch water!" you exclaim contemptuously, slamming the mug back down on the bar.

The barman sneers, "The drinks are on me if you can do that a second time."

If you would like to accept the challenge, turn to Section 249.

If you would rather get on with your business, turn to Section 40.

Adventure Sheet posted:

Personal Attributes

Name = Victor Von Doom
Skill = 8/10
Stamina = 2/19
Luck = 3/11

Wealth

Gold Pieces = 550

Inventory

Golden key inscribed with "222"
Yeti-tooth necklace
Golden ring inscribed with "45"

Soldiers

Warriors - 75
Dwarves - 45
Elven Archers - 40
Knights - 5
Grutha's Band - 10

Predecessors and Epitaphs posted:

Major Minor - Damsels in Distress are Deviously Deadly

Bob the Bold - Literally Bored to Death

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Yeah, sure, let's get poo poo-faced. I'm sure that the book which literally dumped a scorpion into our palms won't gently caress with us when we pass out after drinking the spiked drink.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Yeah! Round two!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

legoman727 posted:

Holy poo poo I remembered that these books were full of random gently caress yous, but god drat.

Yeah I mean there's always a number of straight up middle fingers in these but this is insane. Was the author going through a divorce or something jesus?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Fool! Doom drinks what he pleases! Doom is ruled by many devils, but a fear of drink is not one of them!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Section 172 posted:

If you would like to accept the challenge, turn to Section 249.

If you would rather get on with your business, turn to Section 40.

Section 249 posted:

You watch confidently as the barman refills your mug. You put it to your lips and once again gulp down the Devil's Brew without stopping.

As you stand up and turn to walk over to one of the tables, the room suddenly starts to spin before your eyes and you see a double outline of everything in your vision.

Roll two dice.

code:
Roll = 8 ([url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4580077[/url])
If the total is the same as or less than your Skill, turn to Section 61.

If the total is greater than your Skill, turn to Section 157.

Section 61 posted:

You shake your head and just manage to keep your balance as you hear the bellowing laugh of the barman behind you. You slump down in a chair at the table nearest to you, somewhat the worse for drink. Deduct 1 point from your Stamina.

Roll one die.

code:
Roll = 6 ([url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4580080[/url])
If you roll 1-3, you find yourself sitting with a drunken rogue. Turn to Section 378.

If you roll 4-6, you find yourself sitting with three vagabonds. Turn to Section 18.

Section 18 posted:

You sit down at the table with the three vagabonds and they immediately introduce themselves as Enk, Laz and Jip. They ask you what you are doing in Zengis.

If you wish to tell them about your mission, turn to Section 395.

If you would rather tell them that you are in Zengis to visit your cousin, turn to Section 35.

Adventure Sheet posted:

Personal Attributes

Name = Victor Von Doom
Skill = 8/10
Stamina = 1/19 :siren: :siren: :siren:
Luck = 3/11

Wealth

Gold Pieces = 550

Inventory

Yeti-tooth necklace

Soldiers

Warriors - 75
Dwarves - 45
Elven Archers - 40
Knights - 5
Grutha's Band - 10

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Doom hides from no man. All shall kneel before Doom!

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Still can't get over that scorpion pouch, what the hell book?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Dang, I was hoping for a 2 stamina hit to die with style. Anyway, from the mouth babes and drunkards you shall know the truth.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Tell the truth. What's the worse that could happen?

Is one of them a hag?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Section 18 posted:

If you wish to tell them about your mission, turn to Section 395.

If you would rather tell them that you are in Zengis to visit your cousin, turn to Section 35.

Section 395 posted:

The vagabonds' interest increases when you mention that you are willing to pay for information about Agglax.

"We know where this Agglax is building his army and we can mark the place on a map," says Laz, sensing the smell of gold. "But," he continues with a smug grin on his face, "more importantly, we know how to help you defeat the Shadow Demon. For 10 Gold Pieces, we'll show you where Agglax is. For another 90 Gold Pieces, we'll tell you how to weaken him."

If you want to pay the Vagabonds 10 Gold Pieces, turn to Section 322.

If you are willing to pay 100 Gold Pieces, turn to Section 56.

Adventure Sheet posted:

Personal Attributes

Name = Victor Von Doom
Skill = 8/10
Luck = 3/11

Wealth

Gold Pieces = 550

Inventory

Yeti-tooth necklace

Soldiers

Warriors - 75
Dwarves - 45
Elven Archers - 40
Knights - 5
Grutha's Band - 10

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
100 it is

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Pay 100

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Sure, those random drunks in a tavern know how to defeat Big Bad Demon. Pay 100.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Realtalk though we're probably gonna die. I'd considering this a valuable fact finding excursion. You can't take it with you, spend spend spend.

Turns out our gold is the hag. "As you reach into your money bag, you find it mysteriously gone! Some rogue must have taken it! In its place you find the swamp hag shapeshifted into just a head that bites your hand clean off! Deduct three points from your stamina."

Death counter:
Victor Von Doom - Got chewed out.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Pay them the full hundred.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
We are drunk. Spend our money like it's free.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
How awkward would that have been if the drink did just one more damage to us. Jokes on you bartender, now you have to dispose of my corpse!

Anyways, there is absolutely no reason not to spend our money, so let's give him the 100.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
I can't help but wonder what he was doing carrying round a scorpion in a pouch all day. Maybe it's like a medieval Tamagotchi.

Announce to the sinister cloaked individuals that we possess over 100 gold pieces, surely no ill can come of this.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Primitive anti-pocket thief system?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Section 395 posted:

If you want to pay the Vagabonds 10 Gold Pieces, turn to Section 322.

If you are willing to pay 100 Gold Pieces, turn to Section 56.

Section 56 posted:

Not knowing whether you have made the right decision to trust the vagabond, you nevertheless hand over 100 Gold Pieces to them.

Laz takes out a map from under his robes and lays it out open on the table. Zengis is shown in the middle, and to the south is marked the village of Karn. Further south-east are the Starstone Caves. To the east of Zengis there is the Forest of Fiends, which starts where the River Kok splits and runs east, almost to the edge of the map.

Laz takes out a black crayon and marks a large cross on the eastern edge of the map, just where the Forest of Fiends ends. "That's where you'll find him," says Laz. You fold up the map and put it in your tunic pocket.

"And your only hope of defeating Agglax rests on your visiting the Oracle," whispers Jip. "But whether or not the Oracle will talk to you is another matter. It depends on what mood the Oracle is in and what gifts you bring him. The Starstone Caves is where you'll find him."

You thanks the Vagabonds for the information and leave the tavern to explore Zengis further, wondering who the Oracle is.

Turn to Section 382.

Section 382 posted:

After passing a row of old wooden houses, you come across a curious shop. There is nothing displayed in the window except straw and an empty birdcage.

Brown paint is flaking off the window-frame and also the door, above which is a sign which reads: "Pets - Normal and Unnatural".

If you want to open the pet shop, turn to Section 112.

If you would rather keep on walking, turn to Section 218.

Adventure Sheet posted:

Personal Attributes

Name = Victor Von Doom
Skill = 8/10
Luck = 3/11

Wealth

Gold Pieces = 550

Inventory

Yeti-tooth necklace

Soldiers

Warriors - 75
Dwarves - 45
Elven Archers - 40
Knights - 5
Grutha's Band - 10

Notes

Section 56 posted:

Laz takes out a map from under his robes and lays it out open on the table. Zengis is shown in the middle, and to the south is marked the village of Karn. Further south-east are the Starstone Caves. To the east of Zengis there is the Forest of Fiends, which starts where the River Kok splits and runs east, almost to the edge of the map.

Laz takes out a black crayon and marks a large cross on the eastern edge of the map, just where the Forest of Fiends ends. "That's where you'll find him," says Laz. You fold up the map and put it in your tunic pocket.

"And your only hope of defeating Agglax rests on your visiting the Oracle," whispers Jip. "But whether or not the Oracle will talk to you is another matter. It depends on what mood the Oracle is in and what gifts you bring him. The Starstone Caves is where you'll find him."

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Let's get some pets

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Vote to go into EVERYTHING when asked.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Bring the Oracle a puppy!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Enter pet shop, die from our wounds, have next character re-enact the "Dead Parrot" sketch.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Looks like a nice place to lie down and rest forever.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
What is Doom without someone to rule?

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)
Can't wait for some unnatural pets to play with! :kiddo:

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
We're getting a puppy!

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Turns out its a Scorpion shop, a Free-Range Scorpion shop.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Section 382 posted:

If you want to open the pet shop, turn to Section 112.

If you would rather keep on walking, turn to Section 218.

Section 112 posted:

As you open the door, a small brass bell tinkles above your head. A thin, bearded old man is sitting on a stool behind a wooden counter talking to a large crow, perched on his hand.

"Who's an ugly boy, then?" squawks the crow in reply, much to your surprise.

The old man appears unconcerned at your entrance. You look round the shop and see many small animals - cats, birds and small rodents - and also other, strange creatures.

There is one that sits on its two hind legs like a kangaroo, but it is less than two feet tall and is green and lacks fur. Another is a small winged creature with leathery amber skin - it seems quite content to fly from one side of the shop to the other.

Other creatures are equally odd and you are standing looking at them in amazement when the old man suddenly says, "You are fascinated by my pets, are you not? Are you interested in buying one of them? I have both household pets and familiars that can talk. Some are very special indeed and can even create a little magic. You look like an adventurer to me, so I presume it may be a familiar you require."

"Would you like to buy a talking familiar such as my crow here?" If so, turn to Section 47.

"Or would you like a special creature?" If so, turn to Section 369.

Adventure Sheet posted:

Personal Attributes

Name = Victor Von Doom
Skill = 8/10
Stamina = 1/19
Luck = 3/11

Wealth

Gold Pieces = 550

Inventory

Yeti-tooth necklace

Soldiers

Warriors - 75
Dwarves - 45
Elven Archers - 40
Knights - 5
Grutha's Band - 10

Notes

Section 56 posted:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Hell yeah we want a special pet.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I want something awful special.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
I love crows and so should you

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)
I want a special pet :downs:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Hell yeah let's buy a special pet hag

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Section 112 posted:

"Would you like to buy a talking familiar such as my crow here?" If so, turn to Section 47.

"Or would you like a special creature?" If so, turn to Section 369.

Section 369 posted:

Might I suggest that you buy this wonderful little Hopper?" the old man asks with a smile, pointing to the kangaroo-like creature that you were watching a few moments ago.

"His name is Roob and he'll perch on your shoulder quite happily all day long - although he can hop along at walking pace if you tire of him sitting on you. Not only does Roob speak, he can also cast an invisibility spell on himself, and on you too, if he happens to be sitting on your shoulder. Just say 'One, one, one," and puff, you are invisible. He also understands the Troll tongue. All I'm asking for Roob is 50 Gold Pieces."

If you wish to buy Roob, turn to Section 335.

If you would rather leave the shop without buying the familiar, turn to Section 218.

Adventure Sheet posted:

Personal Attributes

Name = Victor Von Doom
Skill = 8/10
Stamina = 1/19
Luck = 3/11

Wealth

Gold Pieces = 550

Inventory

Yeti-tooth necklace

Soldiers

Warriors - 75
Dwarves - 45
Elven Archers - 40
Knights - 5
Grutha's Band - 10

Notes

Section 56 posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Buy it!

• Locked thread