Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Jesus, I have seen some pretty dumb death choices before (I'm looking at you Lone-Wolf :argh:) but these two deaths so far have been total bullshit.

If I know anything else about these types of games, going anywhere near deep bodies of water is a bad idea, so let's take the ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Man, none of these other checks have ever hosed us over, let's help her out of the water!

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
This sounds like the perfect opportunity for the Hag to strike again, but man, what are the chances of that? Accept his gift.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Man, we didn't even try fighting those pirates, we just peaced' the gently caress out.

Grab that ring, and if given the option, immediately equip it.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Yeah, sure, let's get poo poo-faced. I'm sure that the book which literally dumped a scorpion into our palms won't gently caress with us when we pass out after drinking the spiked drink.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
How awkward would that have been if the drink did just one more damage to us. Jokes on you bartender, now you have to dispose of my corpse!

Anyways, there is absolutely no reason not to spend our money, so let's give him the 100.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Ha, with all the bullshit we've lived through I'm not even surprised that something as inane as a pie did us in.

I also like the thought process of our character, 'Oh man, gotta save the world, but first let me eat some pie'

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Shooting them worked just fine for Doom, let's not mess with that.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I bet you this story can screw me over harder than it can screw you

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Let's pay 50 gold. If we're lucky this brooch will only cripple us, instead of murder us outright.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Step over the slightly decomposed body of Doom and chow the gently caress down.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Jesus Christ this book.

Yeah, let's check out the barrels. If we're lucky they will only stab us instead of explode on us.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised if this book would reward you for uncovering the leprechaun, but then choosing the option to leave him alone.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Man, it'll be awkward when we lose the duel and then tell her we can't actually afford the new price.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Man, I'm starting to feel like a broken record here, but Jesus this loving book.

But yeah, sleep in the lovely inn

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Those guys at the inn told us that the Oracle is at the end of the Forest of Fiends, so let's head that way.

Well, my previous reply was dead wrong, so lets head south instead.

moosecow333 fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 2, 2014

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
All our items are dragging us down, drop everything in the box!

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Now that I think about it, we totally shoved our living pet into a box with all our other junk. We're terrible parents :ohdear:

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Jesus, nevermind, I am so wrong it hurts. Let's go with 8

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Is the entire fate of this world really going to be determined by 68 pieces of gold? If the enemy is in such a battle frenzy that they're fighting each other why would they give any fucks about the pocket change you have in your pocket.

What I bet is going to happen is that we're gonna have to roll to see if it works again, which we're probably gonna fail since we have so little gold.

(gently caress this book)

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Why yes, I would like to do more than simply walk forwards

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Pimpmust posted:

For a book about leading around an army there's a whole lot of "take 10 dudes and rush ahead into certain death" moments.

Yeah, but our 'army' is really about 100 or so guys who refuse to pitch in to save the world unless you pay them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Knowing this game, we could easily be hosed over either way, but I guess we should let him go as that has the least chance of loving us over.

• Locked thread