Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
I love crows and so should you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Whybird posted:

Does this game give you provisions like other Fighting Fantasy gamebooks? If so, would we normally have been able to heal ourselves from the pie-eating damage by eating a meal immediately afterwards?

Wasn't that a Lone Wolf thing? All I remember of Fighting Fantasy is neverending death marches

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

Lunethex posted:

If you were to give an example, how bad can Creatures of Havoc be?

When you finally leave Bullshit Dungeon, you are given a blind choice. Choosing wrong means certain death, but not before you go through about a dozen sections of meaningless choices and fill your inventory with red herrings

It was my first CYOA with unavoidable bullshit deaths. Lone Wolf you could cheat through the impossible boss fights and missing McGuffins from previous books, and in Sorcery you could cheat with the spellbook, but Creature of Havoc was an absolutely miserable experience for young me

I think the only CYOA that I found worse was a series of books based on Asimov's Galactic Empire. The books were so loving hard, full of blind choices, dead ends and dead-man-walking situations they actually came with a solution in the appendix (you shamefully had to cut the pages of the solution apart to read it). I'd really love to LP them, but they were written in Italian and never translated, and they are huge 500+ pages tomes. It's a pity because you guys would love them, and the illustrations are beautiful

• Locked thread