Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

A misanthrope posted:

this person sounds like she might be like peggy hill. i loving hate peggy hill and had to stop watching king of the hill because of her (boooo unpopular opinion boooooooo i know shut up)

Yep except only if peggy got fuckin owned at the end of every episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
- tells richard how to drive
- sheridan's gay
- neighbor has a nervous wreck over tea
- postman and vicar switch off to avoid her

all the episodes are the same, its like allo allo without a plot

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
i love keeping up appearances

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 634 days!
Onslow is always wearing American football poo poo too, dude is awesome, show is awesome.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

A misanthrope posted:

ok let me ask yall a question: in a world where you can watch pretty much any show ever created by pressing a few keys, why should people watch this?

because, i gotta tell you, show sounds boring and obnoxious (almost as boring and obnoxious as me and etc.)

bullet point it for me

goons really really dislike things that dont attempt to pander to them

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

A misanthrope posted:

ok let me ask yall a question: in a world where you can watch pretty much any show ever created by pressing a few keys, why should people watch this?

because, i gotta tell you, show sounds boring and obnoxious (almost as boring and obnoxious as me and etc.)

bullet point it for me

i like to watch hella dumb formulaic sitcoms after doing stuff all day, especially when i'm midly intoxicated and posting on the internet. it's very low-effort but still amusing. also im a sucker for slapstick

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

for instance, the fat ugly retard on an easy chair drinking beer and cracking unclever sexist jokes is a beloved trope, in the sense that i love it.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

The dads army thread will have Americans serious posting and realtalk-ing about how superior and well trained their defence forces were compared to Captain Mainwaring and the lads, they'll completely miss the point but will also claim that its a far too simple a show lol.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Ponce de Le0n posted:

The dads army thread will have Americans serious posting and realtalk-ing about how superior and well trained their defence forces were compared to Captain Mainwaring and the lads, they'll completely miss the point but will also claim that its a far too simple a show lol.

applying cultural and historical analysis to sitcoms is a death penalty offence

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Everyone should watch porridge imo

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i wish that As Time Goes By would get put on netflix. show owns

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

This show is really stupid but in a way I can enjoy, as opposed to a Home Improvement or Roseanne.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Ponce de Le0n posted:

Everyone should watch porridge imo

here here

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

BKPR posted:

This show is really stupid but in a way I can enjoy, as opposed to a Home Improvement or Roseanne.

this is a good way of putting it

anyway if i had a time machine, i'd use it to go back in time and gently caress the hot blonde one.

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
hyacinth gets raped in the first episode

it's a pretty hosed up show if you think about it

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

richard is an abused spouse, no poo poo.

ENSENDA CURES MAIL posted:

hyacinth gets raped in the first episode

it's a pretty hosed up show if you think about it

lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The show is one of the great character performances in tv history. It doesn't matter that the episodes are all the same because every excruciating second with hyacinth is a delight.

Red Harvest
Mar 13, 2007

Wait, it's Clint? Well shit.
riparian entertainments

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
Richard: Hyacinth! You hosed Onslo!!!
Hyacinth: oh Richard, Onslo is a dirty dirty man but he has the cock of a stallion!
Onslo(to Richard): 'ey, guess we really can start calling 'er "our Hyacinth", eh?
*laugh track*

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
They should show Rab C. Nesbitt on American TV imo

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Yea keeping up appearances is pretty much a show about schadenfreude. Main character is a huge bitch who is tolerated but reviled by the likeable supporting cast, her arrogance and social striving put her in some wacky situation where she inevitably gets owned in some way and all her 'friends' laugh at her.

It's a funny show.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
true story, we had to write about a tv show in a high school english class and i did keeping up appearances.

i failed cause the teacher didnt think it was a real show

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i think my favorite gag is the sprinting vicar. i like to think this is what its like to live in england all the time

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
I fuckin love this show.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

BKPR posted:

Roseanne is still in pretty rare company for actually putting poor people on TV. Not like living in a penthouse on a waitress' salary. They were loving broke most of the time and acted like it. You gotta give 'em credit for that.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

isnt the lady who plays roseanne like hella crazy in real life

BubbleGoose
Oct 15, 2007

There are so many amendments in the constitution of the United States of America--I can only choose one!
gently caress you, OP. Hyacinth 'Bouquet' Bucket owns.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the teletubbies of syndicated british comedy

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Fandyien posted:

isnt the lady who plays roseanne like hella crazy in real life

She married Tom Arnold. You tell me.

lexan
Apr 24, 2004

Someday I'll be a big producer on Broadway, and you'll be singin' your opera in the street with a tin cup in your hand!
It is pretty funny when her gay communist son calls.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

abigserve posted:

Yep except only if peggy got fuckin owned at the end of every episode

i would find that very enjoyable :toot:

Edmantium
Jan 15, 2011

I WAS READY TO EMBRACE A MAN
oh nice!

ReptileChillock
Jan 7, 2014

by Lowtax

unlimited shrimp posted:

i'm literally onslow irl

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
My dad once tried to tell/explain/re-enact a super hilarious Keeping Up Appearances joke where Onslow drinks a beer and then asks Daisy "Any more breakfast?" to an old couple we met on holiday somewhere for some reason, and they weren't really listening to him because he told it pretty badly and they just faked laughter at the wrong points. "In that show Keeping Up Appearances, Onslow asked for more breakfast." "HA HA HA HA." "...and his breakfast was a beer."

Anyway that's my Keeping Up Appearances story, thanks for letting me share it itt

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Drad_Bert posted:

Richard: Hyacinth! You hosed Onslo!!!
Hyacinth: oh Richard, Onslo is a dirty dirty man but he has the cock of a stallion!
Onslo(to Richard): 'ey, guess we really can start calling 'er "our Hyacinth", eh?
*laugh track*

its pronounced cuquing, not cucking

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Can we go one loving thread without someone saying "cuck"

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
rrrrrrrrrrriiiiiichaaarrddddd

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

you know richard was hittin the neighbor on the side, its why her brother was always so nervous around hyacinth

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
oooooh, richard, sheridan says he's gargling cock day and night at the super spit roast buttfucking anal sex bar for homos, so naaaice to heyar he's doing well at school

• Locked thread