Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

this is what's going on in the mod forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I was a very confused 14 year old when I turned PBS on one night to this show. Loved it then. Might have to watch it again and see if it's just rose tinted glasses.

It might not be the best show now, but back then when you only got 13 channels, finding something this different from the regular poo poo was great.

Also http://i.imgur.com/kGiL9mo.gif this is fuckin great!

Time to watch some classics.

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
Daisy, oh Onslow! Why don't you show me your o-face?
Onslow: alright. 'Ow bout you get me "o"-nother lager?

*laugh track*

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i actually think onslow has erectile dysfunction

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Ya'll should watch father tedd

God teir comedy right there

ARSE!

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Moola posted:

ARSE!

i could take it or leave it

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

lonesomedwarf posted:

that would be an ecumenical matter

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

lonesomedwarf posted:

I will fight you like a drunken Irish priest

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

I'm Crap posted:

it's kind of totally doing my head in that so many americans have heard of this 25 year old low effort sunday afternoon grandparent sitcom tbqh

seriously, i think this is weirder to me than when i first found out that americans loved coupling

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Moola posted:

ARSE!

my favourite father ted story is that they tried airing it in the us but it failed because nobody could understand what they were saying

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
i remember when it first ran in the uk it got big ratings but critics loving hated it probably because making fun of middle class snobby social climbers hit too close to home

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Fandyien posted:

i actually think onslow has erectile dysfunction

if you think about it, "onslow" could be slang for erectile dysfunction

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

richard must have stacks because like every other episode he's buying some fancy poo poo for his oval office wife

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

lonesomedwarf posted:

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

HJB posted:

seriously, i think this is weirder to me than when i first found out that americans loved coupling

Never heard of it.

Never heard of Red Dwarf until a year ago either. I tried to watch an episode, but couldn't make it through. It's terrible. I'm guessing the people that like it grew up with it or something.

KUA however was on PBS all the time and it's watchable.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

yeah red dwarf didn't quite do it for me but the stale recycled unoffensive "hyacinth is a snob" jokes really crank my caboose. also the vicars wife is hot.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 635 days!

Moola posted:

ARSE!

Father Ted is good poo poo.

lol at all the Brits who are shocked Americans have seen Keeping up Appearances.

our Public Broadcasting Stations loving love old British shows. My local PBS still shows KUA, and Are you Being Served every other night.

As I'm usually piss drunk by this time, I'm loving pumped to watch some old british sitcoms.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I enjoyed what I saw of Last of the Summer Wine. Pretty chill show. Made me relaxed.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
For some reason people in Scandinavia loving love British shows. over here Heartbeats and The Royal are literally the most watched shows after the news

Cum Galleon
Oct 16, 2004

Your shipment has arrived.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I enjoyed what I saw of Last of the Summer Wine. Pretty chill show. Made me relaxed.

You could watch that for a week solid and probably only see 0.001% of episodes ever made. All have roughly the same plot though.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

im gonna send an obscene sex letter to the lady who plays rose

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Kikka posted:

For some reason people in Scandinavia loving love British shows. over here Heartbeats and The Royal are literally the most watched shows after the news

the scandis live so far in the past they probably think they're modern reality shows

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
What kind of loving name is onslow anyway?

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 635 days!

Jakabite posted:

What kind of loving name is onslow anyway?

The name of a godly prince, to good for this world

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
I always kind of wanted one of those hats Onslow wears. I decided I would make that happen. Apparently it's the logo for some paving company in New Zealand and they'll send you one but with shipping it was like $50 so I said gently caress it. I hope you liked my story.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

do british welfare queens all really dress just like onslow and the guy from shameless?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Fandyien posted:

do british welfare queens all really dress just like onslow and the guy from shameless?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb-f8CTafHs

Like this

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Her dumpy sister who married onslow was pretty hot.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Cesar Cedeno posted:

Father Ted is good poo poo.

lol at all the Brits who are shocked Americans have seen Keeping up Appearances.

our Public Broadcasting Stations loving love old British shows. My local PBS still shows KUA, and Are you Being Served every other night.

As I'm usually piss drunk by this time, I'm loving pumped to watch some old british sitcoms.

Father Ted also had an amazing episode about Germans.

However, their Speed episode about being milkmen was the best episode, and you see some giant titties, too.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Hector Beerlioz posted:

There isn't really any more shows like this with no "edge" to them anymore :(

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 635 days!

Came back to this thread again specifically to look at this and laugh.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

if i knew how to make gifs id make a ton of KUA gifs

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
waiting for god is better

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fandyien posted:

if i knew how to make gifs id make a ton of KUA gifs

i was just thinking how great this would be. there'd be a gif for every occasion

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Orkin Mang posted:

i was just thinking how great this would be. there'd be a gif for every occasion

http://makeagif.com/youtube-to-gif

Go Hog Wild!

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 635 days!
Take up the call noble goons, Keeping Up Appearances is rife with amazing gif fodder for all us aspiring royals.

ProfessorGroove
Jun 10, 2006

by Ion Helmet
This is the second time I've clicked on this thread thinking it'd be about gardening. Voted 1.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

lmao in this episode hyacinth's rich sister is freaking out because her husband bruce is loving jockeys. its also implied he might be into horses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Moola posted:

ARSE!

true but isnt that Irish comedy? i don't think it had much to do with brit tv at all

gently caress i love that show, it cant not lift your spirits if youre sick or feeling bad, just put all the seasons in a playlist and go

• Locked thread