Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Dante Logos posted:

New chapter here.

With new character Seo's??? brother. Who's just as oblivious as she is. So gotta be Seo's brother.

Didn't join this thread until now, but yeah. It says "RYOSUKE SEO" on the name tag of his uniform.

Too bad he's a sub-character and won't show up that often. But if he's used as well as Mayu is, I won't mind.

vibratingsheep fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Just gonna leave this here.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Come to think of it, have you ever seen them in the same place at the same time?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I can't remember if anyone already posted this, but here it is anyway:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Just don't let Sakura evolve. :gonk:

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.

Nihilarian posted:

Just don't let Sakura evolve. :gonk:

Wouldn't that be just her in a red fedora with glasses or something?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I haven't seen these scans with released chapters, so here are some extensive character profiles! Huh, we haven't met Nozaki's sister yet...

http://fingurken.tumblr.com/post/94738351344

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

I feel this was a valuable use of my time.

I may not have the best priorities.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Oh hey what's going on in the Nozaki thrAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!

Compendium posted:

I haven't seen these scans with released chapters, so here are some extensive character profiles! Huh, we haven't met Nozaki's sister yet...

http://fingurken.tumblr.com/post/94738351344

Whee! Thanks for the link! oh my god a sister. I cannot wait! I'm in love with his brother! I fear we won't meet him in the anime tho. I love the chapter with him and his dad.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

This is the better image:

This is the one you can use as an avatar:

I wish that guy hadn't flipped is long hair so much.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

This ep was good, but the rain ep is next and that means that the date ep comes after that \o/

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

At the end Hori could finally be like a princess!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
This episode is a good reminder that Nozaki is like a foot and a half taller than Sakura. She's basically a hobbit.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Nozaki is like 6'3" and Sakura is like 4'9". Hell of a height difference.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Lately, boxes have been really popular with us!

I love it whenever the show focuses on the production of Let's Love. It's actually educational.

Seriously, how did Nozaki even get a job?

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God I'm so happy the box chapter finally got animated. Probably one of my top 5 chapters. I, too, love this series (even more than usual) whenever it's about Nozaki and co. working on his manga.

I can understand how Ken manages to keep Nozaki from going out of control, but I wonder how the gently caress Nozaki managed to stay serialized while working with Maeno, given how inept that he is himself in certain areas.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

God I'm so happy the box chapter finally got animated. Probably one of my top 5 chapters. I, too, love this series (even more than usual) whenever it's about Nozaki and co. working on his manga.

I can understand how Ken manages to keep Nozaki from going out of control, but I wonder how the gently caress Nozaki managed to stay serialized while working with Maeno, given how inept that he is himself in certain areas.

Well, most of what they're poking fun at is present in published manga, so...

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Nondevor posted:

Lately, boxes have been really popular with us!

I love it whenever the show focuses on the production of Let's Love. It's actually educational.

Seriously, how did Nozaki even get a job?

I assume the joke is that Nozaki's manga is actually terrible and derivative. Sakura's art is leagues ahead of his.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Phobophilia posted:

I assume the joke is that Nozaki's manga is actually terrible and derivative. Sakura's art is leagues ahead of his.

She's good at drawing what she sees in front of her so she's better than Nozaki, but maybe TOO good...

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Phobophilia posted:

Her art is 'better', but it's not better shojo manga art. Which is the thing. He is kind of ridiculous in his process, but everything he does really is suited to making shojo manga. He does have flaws as an artist, but that's why he [And most other writers] has a team. The number of people who can do everything themselves, well, and make a schedule? Is vanishingly low in the manga world. Most people need a team, and it's still a ton of work. He actually seems to be pretty popular. Not like topping the charts popular, but his work seems to be well liked.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I like how the house drawings made a glorious comeback in the last episode, complete with the sounds.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kashima and Hori are the best couple.

And speaking of sound effects, even if it's just a generic sound effect used in tons of shows, the poot sound that is used occasionally always makes me laugh.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

Kashima and Hori are the best couple.

It's all a part of Hori's devious plan.

You see, the only girl who Kashima can't steal away from him is... Kashima herself.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I just about loving died at the rodeo. This ep is awesome and cements Kashima as one of the best characters in the show for me, tied with Seo.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
They're talking about and showing the editors occasionally, were they actually introduced in the show aside from that post-credits scene of Nozaki cleaning his room? I might have missed an episode.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FItsoBADVIA

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Schneider Heim posted:

They're talking about and showing the editors occasionally, were they actually introduced in the show aside from that post-credits scene of Nozaki cleaning his room? I might have missed an episode.

Yeah, the episode after that scene features Ken, Maeno, and the lady who currently has Maeno for an editor.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
A series fanbook was released recently and along with some surprising illustrations, there are results of a character popularity poll:

http://fuku-shuu.tumblr.com/post/95455262082/the-new-gekkan-shoujo-nozaki-kun-popularity-poll

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Compendium posted:

A series fanbook was released recently and along with some surprising illustrations, there are results of a character popularity poll:

http://fuku-shuu.tumblr.com/post/95455262082/the-new-gekkan-shoujo-nozaki-kun-popularity-poll

I understand the winner, I don't understand how Hori was the runner up. He's literally just there to make Kashima funnier.

This, however, I understand completely.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Compendium posted:

I am glad that TOMODAAAAAAAAAA got his justice. Though Maeno ranking above him is unforgivable. After all Tomoda did for them.

chibi
Feb 11, 2004

From the same source: Popularity rankings for the couples.

I should not be as surprised by the Mikorin/everybody pairings as I was.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

chumbler posted:

I am glad that TOMODAAAAAAAAAA got his justice. Though Maeno ranking above him is unforgivable. After all Tomoda did for them.

I find it hilarious that Tomoda showed up period. He's only in that one bit right, doesn't show up again?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

I find it hilarious that Tomoda showed up period. He's only in that one bit right, doesn't show up again?
Gimmicky, once-off side characters usually make it into popularity polls because a bunch of people decide it'd be funny to remind the fanbase of their existence. Bonus points if they end up higher on the chart than actual recurring characters.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

To be fair they're right, that is pretty funny

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Yargh, I wish I had the full version already, Amazon sold out of the single on release day :/

Chromius
Aug 5, 2014

Stays shiny, even in milk.

chibi posted:

I'm really surprised that the Hori/Kashima pairing scored as high as it did.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Chromius posted:

I'm really surprised that the Hori/Kashima pairing scored as high as it did.

A significant portion of the audience is female, and you can't underestimate the power of their BL vibe.

Also, Kashima has her puppycute moments when she isn't being an utter moron. Image from the latest chapter:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

chibi posted:

Is there any way to interpret that picture nonsexually? I'm struggling to come up with the scenario that ended with them on a bed and Hori's hand on Kashima's rear as he readies himself to bite her leg. I'm thinking tragi-romantic zombie play.