Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
demonicon
Mar 29, 2011
Even though the team I was rooting for has won, I am still not a football fan by any means. I basically saw the football matches because it provided adequate reason to drink alcohol with friends . How did you guys enjoy the world cup? Are you going to watch more football matches in the future? Would you watch more if the USA team got farther during WC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
no im glad its over so people will shut the gently caress up about it

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i didn't watch a second of it and i already know too much

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

I can only muster an interest in soccer once every 4 years, much like with curling. So it was good, but I’m glad its over I guess.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Chuck Tanner posted:

yea now americans can stop pretending to have an uncut dick and stop crowding out the local pubs

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

spain, england, italy and brazil got blown the gently caress out, which makes me happy as hell

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I enjoy the winning. I didn't really watch any games, though.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

The Brown Menace posted:

spain, england, italy and brazil got blown the gently caress out, which makes me happy as hell

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Xaris posted:

yea now americans can stop pretending to have an uncut dick and stop crowding out the local pubs

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
the 2022 wc will be snatched from qatar and given to the US, where we will win

Smeego
Sep 9, 2001

japan sucks
it was p cool watching dudes shinblast each other, but sometimes it was boring

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

the 2022 wc will be snatched from qatar and given to the US, where we will win

The US taking the riches of the Mideast for themselves. A troubling but familiar narrative.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
no, soccer and football are for fags

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The one game I was forced to sit through got me nice and sleepy because soccer is boring as poo poo so that's a good thing I guess.

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006
All those born beneath an angry star.
World Cup has provided very good entertainment as I sat home for 3 weeks with a fractured ankle received from playing Football.

Thanks World Cup!

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I really enjoyed the 2011 World Cup where New Zealand beat France.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Nauta posted:

no, soccer and football are for fags

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

demonicon posted:

Would you watch more if the USA team got farther during WC?

I don't know if it would be possible for the USA to go further in the WC.

demonicon
Mar 29, 2011
I watched the final with 15.000 other fellow Germans. The game itself was pretty lovely. But the atmosphere was great.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Apparently some people here were doing a little car parade like they do after a victory and some pissy Argentinians in a lovely part of town started shooting at them from two different directions. One woman is seriously injured and might not make it. loving psychos, it's just football.

demonicon
Mar 29, 2011

Mulefisk posted:

I don't know if it would be possible for the USA to go further in the WC.

If Algeria can get to the quarter finals, everyone can

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Chuck Tanner posted:

demonicon
Mar 29, 2011

Cardiovorax posted:

Apparently some people here were doing a little car parade like they do after a victory and some pissy Argentinians in a lovely part of town started shooting at them from two different directions. One woman is seriously injured and might not make it. loving psychos, it's just football.

Wtf. Where do you live?

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

yeah it was good and football is an excellent sport

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

demonicon posted:

Wtf. Where do you live?
It was somewhere in Köln Chorweiler I think. I only meet the nicest people in Kalk and I had no clue we had places like that.

demonicon
Mar 29, 2011
I didn't know either. Watched the game in Bochum. That's a hosed up ending of a game

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Did I enjoy the what now?

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
thjat a country spent like 11 billion dollars it didnt have to get raped up the rear end pretty much sums up my feelings on the sport ing eneral

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

demonicon posted:

I didn't know either. Watched the game in Bochum. That's a hosed up ending of a game
Yeah, that has kinda ruined my evening now. Stupid dumbfucks.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
I enjoyed the part where I was eating ribs and drinking alcohol with friends, but not the part which was boring-rear end soccer. The one field goal was pretty Matrix though.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I have no channels and avoid the news like the plague, so my exposure to it was limited to thread titles. Anyway, to answer your question op, yes I did, might've been the best one of all time tbh

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I didn't watch it OP because watching people run around for 90 minutes and only winning 1-0 doesn't sound exciting to me.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
soccer matches should be reduced to 20 minutes of play before penalty kicks

demonicon
Mar 29, 2011

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I didn't watch it OP because watching people run around for 90 minutes and only winning 1-0 doesn't sound exciting to me.

Actually this was more exciting to watch than the 7:1 against Brazil. Because 20 minutes game you knew who was going to win.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Lot of boring games. Not a great World Cup to be honest.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
it was cool to see all the germanophiles come out, mostly americans with no ties to germany except a great grandfather or something

pretty good game overall germany is a very good team

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
I enjoyed the advances of streaming allowing me to skip to the good parts (watching the Brazilian team implode, and their fans weeping)

The Brazilian teams' final act was a fierce kick into the stands at their people rabidly booing them hahaha. Eat poo poo primadonnas.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
It was a very good World Cup and I am happy to have enjoyed it. It is a cool feeling knowing that the whole world was enjoying the same event.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
I didn't watch a god drat second of it, but work did hold viewings, so there was some free time off. The ball men doing their ball finding and ball herding and fake injuries is not exciting to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bignose
Mar 21, 2006
fucked up

Cardiovorax posted:

It was somewhere in Köln Chorweiler I think. I only meet the nicest people in Kalk and I had no clue we had places like that.

I thought it was Bergheim but Chorweiler fits the profile. Only the nicest people in Nippes here, too!

• Locked thread