Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Boywhiz88 posted:

OH poo poo I GOT SHOT LIKE ONE OF THE PEOPLE IN THE 80+ SHOOTINGS IN A 7 DAY PERIOD IN A MAJOR US CITY.

OH ARGH. IF ONLY WE HAD MORE GUNS

I thought the 80 was just in a weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
"heres your slice of pizza"

all the toppings fall off and make a mass of what used to be cheese and toppings.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

chicago is humid like sao paulo thus murderdeathkill

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
ny vs chicago style

One is pizza, the other is hotdish

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Really anywhere upper midwest is fun to talk to people about because they're like BLOOO UR PROLLY LIVIN IN IGLOOS U FAGS LMAO

And then you point at a weather map and it's 95 degrees with 100% humidity in Iowa/Wisconsin and people down south are like 'ok drat sorry' and forget this every single year.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
I did the walk today as a white male, through "the worst parts of the city".

I'm due to go on a trip soon so I figured, what's the harm. An 89 year old black lady in the projects made coffee and we played gin rummy awhile, while discussing "politics"

Her words of wisdom were, "better they come here, than become terrorists."

I was expected to get robbed or mugged or something, a white guy, in an area full of gangs. Hell I even asked about this one guys cool looking tattoo. It was a swan that turned into a fish.

I must have picked the best day to walk the hood.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

SpeedGem posted:

I did the walk today as a white male, through "the worst parts of the city".

I'm due to go on a trip soon so I figured, what's the harm. An 89 year old black lady in the projects made coffee and we played gin rummy awhile, while discussing "politics"

Her words of wisdom were, "better they come here, than become terrorists."

I was expected to get robbed or mugged or something, a white guy, in an area full of gangs. Hell I even asked about this one guys cool looking tattoo. It was a swan that turned into a fish.

I must have picked the best day to walk the hood.

Everyone knows not to mess with Gramma's "Gin with Whitey" days.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

Everyone knows not to mess with Gramma's "Gin with Whitey" days.

I wish I had an old black grandma, they loving make sense

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Well at least they trusted a Obama administration hatchet man to save their city.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

SpeedGem posted:

I wish I had an old black grandma, they loving make sense

they are the one sane thing in this crazy world of ours, the venerable black granny

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
I lost by the way in the gin rummy game, 3 times in a row, somewhere out there a black granny is laughing at me, and is a wizard or something.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

they are the one sane thing in this crazy world of ours, the venerable black granny

i read a sociology paper that talked about chicago gangs and how they hide drugs in the tall grasses that grow in vacant lots. an grandma made a hobby of cutting the grass in her neighborhood, and even though the local gangsters tried to intimidate her, she just kept on doing it. they didn't stop her because who wants to be the one to murder a little old lady?

e:

SpeedGem posted:

"heres your slice of pizza"

all the toppings fall off and make a mass of what used to be cheese and toppings.

dumbass trying to eat deep dish with his hands lol

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jul 16, 2014

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Modern Day Hercules posted:

People in southern Illinois never loving shut up about how dangerous Chicago is like every loving minute of their lives they're just suffering chronic anxiety about a city that they couldn't afford to go to even if they wanted to. They're also constantly mad about chicago existing in the first place for some reason and they'd rather be a part of kentucky. These people are so loving retarded that they'd rather be a part of kentucky.
Probably because bourbon and Abraham Lincoln are cooler than Ronald Reagan and whatever bullshit your stupid state has invented, pal.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Pththya-lyi posted:

i read a sociology paper that talked about chicago gangs and how they hide drugs in the tall grasses that grow in vacant lots. an grandma made a hobby of cutting the grass in her neighborhood, and even though the local gangsters tried to intimidate her, she just kept on doing it. they didn't stop her because who wants to be the one to murder a little old lady?

Anyone who kills the old especially after the age of 80, deserves a slow and agonizing death.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

I've never eaten or even seen a Chicago pizza. Not even the frozen kind from the grocery store.

I live in north Jersey so they might be against state law or something.

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)

Abner Assington posted:

Probably because bourbon and Abraham Lincoln are cooler than Ronald Reagan and whatever bullshit your stupid state has invented, pal.

Ah yes, Kentuck. The land of Lincoln.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

Ah yes, Kentuck. The land of Lincoln.
He's not from Illinois :ssh:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Clochette posted:

I've never eaten or even seen a Chicago pizza. Not even the frozen kind from the grocery store.

I live in north Jersey so they might be against state law or something.

all you need to know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8IKxbOpt0E

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

SpeedGem posted:

I lost by the way in the gin rummy game, 3 times in a row, somewhere out there a black granny is laughing at me, and is a wizard or something.

would you say she's a grand wizard

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Abner Assington posted:

We also had Abraham Lincoln - it's where he built his legal and political careers. Reagan practiced his careers in California. And trust me, the people of southern Illinois are busy fellating Reagan's corpse along with every other American conservative

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IAT8BAcD14

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)
In the town next to the place where reagan was born there is a mural of mount rushmore but they added reagans face to it

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Yeah I really enjoy this video but my point still stands.

(FYI the best pizza I've had was in NYC)

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2vtv53mQeE

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Abner Assington posted:

He's not from Illinois :ssh:

Lincoln's family got the gently caress outta Kentucky as soon as they could

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Emanuel Collective posted:

Lincoln's family got the gently caress outta Kentucky as soon as they could
The easier retort is to say that Jefferson Davis is also from Kentucky :smith:

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Abner Assington posted:

The easier retort is to say that Jefferson Davis is also from Kentucky :smith:

Some say the reason why american money was beutiful, and not all green and samey, is because jefferson davis engravers, were pure artists in money making, and knew how counterfeiting worked. The money we hold in our hand today is a shadow of the artistry, it could have been.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

etalian posted:

Well at least they trusted a Obama administration hatchet man to save their city.

Holy poo poo, brutal, man.

Anyway, Chicago sucks. Don't come here.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Rubies posted:

Chicago is p cool and I like being sent there but I don't understand why anyone would relocate or get settled there. For pretty much the same cost of living you can live in the Northeast or California. The NE has all the cultural stuff Chicago has (except more and better), and so does California (with year-round nice weather). So it's not like HEY gently caress CHICAGO it's more like "oh ok chicago ya cool cya".

e: but then again I live in Boston which is also overpriced and thinks it's much cooler than it actually is so we're almost like Chicago's runt twin brother.

this is pretty much exactly how i feel about chicago

although aside from NYC it is pretty much the only city in america with halfways decent public transportation. so thats pretty neat

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Rubies posted:

Chicago is p cool and I like being sent there but I don't understand why anyone would relocate or get settled there. For pretty much the same cost of living you can live in the Northeast or California. The NE has all the cultural stuff Chicago has (except more and better), and so does California (with year-round nice weather). So it's not like HEY gently caress CHICAGO it's more like "oh ok chicago ya cool cya".

e: but then again I live in Boston which is also overpriced and thinks it's much cooler than it actually is so we're almost like Chicago's runt twin brother.

I've been living here for the past month or so, until the beginning of August, and this is p much my impression as well. It's not a poo poo place to live, at least if you're a middle class white person, but it doesn't have any real draw to it either. Also coming from Portland, the food carts are terrible and the summer weather sucks.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Fuligin posted:

I've been living here for the past month or so, until the beginning of August, and this is p much my impression as well. It's not a poo poo place to live, at least if you're a middle class white person, but it doesn't have any real draw to it either. Also coming from Portland, the food carts are terrible and the summer weather sucks.

Food carts? You mean those pathetic little vans we've had to fight for years just to have? Yeah, those are worse than poo poo. If I can't buy a soft pretzel from a homeless dude off the side of a highway, I don't want to live here.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I loving love Chicago.

*lives in Los Angeles with no immediate plans of moving back*

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

ruddiger posted:

I loving love Chicago.

you must love pain

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ruddiger posted:

I loving love Chicago.

Hahah jokes on you clearly. LA loving blows.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Modern Day Hercules posted:

People in southern Illinois never loving shut up about how dangerous Chicago is like every loving minute of their lives they're just suffering chronic anxiety about a city that they couldn't afford to go to even if they wanted to. They're also constantly mad about chicago existing in the first place for some reason and they'd rather be a part of kentucky. These people are so loving retarded that they'd rather be a part of kentucky.

I'm guessing it's not so much that they are mad at Chicago for existing, but for the populations of the Chicago area, East St. Louis, and the college towns voting democrat.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Fuligin posted:

a pretty huge chunk of Chicago's population moved here from podunk Ohio/Michigan/Iowa, so coming from those places Chicago is Paris

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Pththya-lyi posted:

e:

dumbass trying to eat deep dish with his hands lol

yes, truly the noble savage has preserved morality you know? Makes you think about all the DRUGS, and GANGDS and things. Maybe the white man could learn from their culture?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Chinatown posted:

(FYI the best pizza I've had was in NYC)

you aren't very well traveled.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Powercrazy posted:

yes, truly the noble savage has preserved morality you know? Makes you think about all the DRUGS, and GANGDS and things. Maybe the white man could learn from their culture?

actually, I hope the white man does learn that the truth about gangs is more complicated than "gangsters are bad, lock them up forever." I don't see what "noble savages" have to do with it.

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW

Pththya-lyi posted:

actually, I hope the white man does learn that the truth about gangs is more complicated than "gangsters are bad, lock them up forever." I don't see what "noble savages" have to do with it.

black people have lower iqs than whites, as well as higher levels of aggression and lower levels of self-control

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

*posts on the internet calling minorities in a first world country savages*

That sociology paper sounds really stupid/anecdotal/probably made up too. There's no words for Chicago. It's bigger than words baby.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jul 16, 2014

• Locked thread