Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

EugeneJ posted:

I feel like this is missing a ton of people. Hogan never had 100 TV matches in WWE?

Hogan never really westled on TV for WWE, and he basically left before Raw started to be a thing. There weren't a ton of PPVS either, so he mostly worked house shows. The business was just different.

Hell I dont even know of he made it to a hundred in WCW with his schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Roman Reigns's Hot Topic pants are hilarious.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

NienNunb posted:

Roman Reigns's Hot Topic pants are hilarious.

Have there been any reports about them changing his ring gear? I know folks here have said they're trying to hide his lack of definition (in his back mostly), but the Shield gear kinda sucks without, you know, the Shield.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
John Cena owns.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

flashy_mcflash posted:

Stuff about panels.

The thing about these kind of panels that bug me is that they should be awesome and should be a source for interesting stories and tidbits, but there's ALWAYS some autistic weeaboo equivalent who always asks really unpleasant questions about stuff they're SURE is true and it puts off people from doing them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Alouicious posted:

that's Cesaro, you can tell by the hairline

Also by the face.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Cornwind Evil posted:

The thing about these kind of panels that bug me is that they should be awesome and should be a source for interesting stories and tidbits, but there's ALWAYS some autistic weeaboo equivalent who always asks really unpleasant questions about stuff they're SURE is true and it puts off people from doing them.

They get to select the press. They even get to weed out the losers who'd get a press pass on whichever technicality. It'd be like fashion show press, where everybody is in unspoken agreement that asking the obvious "isn't this all stupid" would ruin their good thing.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

That DICK! posted:

Roman's new conductor gimmick is going to be awesome

That should be his Slam City alter ego when they get around to it.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Also by the face.

There's a face in there???

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Red posted:

What's this now?

i got you bro

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yuriy posted:

i got you bro

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ayn rand hand job posted:

Hogan never really westled on TV for WWE, and he basically left before Raw started to be a thing. There weren't a ton of PPVS either, so he mostly worked house shows. The business was just different.

Hell I dont even know of he made it to a hundred in WCW with his schedule.

The guy's list is hosed then, because Cagematch shows Hogan's worked 250 televised matches for WWE:

http://www.cagematch.de/?id=2&nr=504&page=4&promotion=1&showtype=TV-Show%7CPay%20Per%20View&s=0

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Just wondering this from last night during the SummerSlam advert, this guy:

Last night I thought this was Sheamus showing up for a split second, but it's either Cesaro or Sami Zayn right?

Actually I would be super happy if Sami Zayn's debut match in the WWE was him against Cesaro at SummerSlam.

I think it's more interesting that they'd have a comedy jobber on their Summerslam advertizement. Remember when Cesaro had a huge Wrestlemania moment, and a move-set everyone went nuts for? Yeah, he's so ice-cold right now I have no idea how they can ever get the crowd behind him again.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

ScottyBomb posted:

I think it's more interesting that they'd have a comedy jobber on their Summerslam advertizement. Remember when Cesaro had a huge Wrestlemania moment, and a move-set everyone went nuts for? Yeah, he's so ice-cold right now I have no idea how they can ever get the crowd behind him again.

Maybe use his moveset again?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

all they have to do is treat him like a big deal again/ever. Crowds usually pick up on who they should care about if you book them sensibly.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ScottyBomb posted:

Yeah, he's so ice-cold right now I have no idea how they can ever get the crowd behind him again.

He could literally get the crowd behind him again with a single match. Hell, during the Battle Royale they were getting excited every time they saw he was setting up for something with Kofi.

Cesaro's push has stalled without a doubt but the guy is quality and the crowd now knows what he is capable of, and they'll respond when he gets given a chance to actually demonstrate that again.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Have Cesaro swing Lesnar, they'll have another 6 months of Cesaro heat they can murder

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!

Jerusalem posted:

He could literally get the crowd behind him again with a single match. Hell, during the Battle Royale they were getting excited every time they saw he was setting up for something with Kofi.

Cesaro's push has stalled without a doubt but the guy is quality and the crowd now knows what he is capable of, and they'll respond when he gets given a chance to actually demonstrate that again.

The problem is I have no faith in them actually doing this. They've so badly mismanaged him since throwing him on the back-burner so they could focus on Reigns.

MotU posted:

Have Cesaro swing Lesnar, they'll have another 6 months of Cesaro heat they can murder

Pretty much that, yeah.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

oatgan posted:

all they have to do is treat him like a big deal again/ever. Crowds usually pick up on who they should care about if you book them sensibly.

Yeah exactly. Look at Daniel Bryan. For a while he was in a storyline where he was considered the weak link in a comedy tag team with KANE. Then not too long he's beating Cena clean at Summerslam. There's not too many guys you saw in that Abandoned Push Battle Royal who are really out of it or could never be built up again. But funny enough the guy who won the IC belt at the end is one of the few who I don't think can ever be taken seriously again.

But yeah if WWE put effort behind it Cesaro could still be a huge deal. That's the advantage they have with all these hours of programming. THey just choose not to.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah exactly. Look at Daniel Bryan. For a while he was in a storyline where he was considered the weak link in a comedy tag team with KANE. Then not too long he's beating Cena clean at Summerslam. There's not too many guys you saw in that Abandoned Push Battle Royal who are really out of it or could never be built up again. But funny enough the guy who won the IC belt at the end is one of the few who I don't think can ever be taken seriously again.

To be fair, by the point of the weak link story, Daniel Bryan was a former world champion, us champion, and tag team champion, had gone toe to toe with long reigning WWE champion CM Punk in three great matches, got hugely over with a silly comedy gimmick that was given tons of TV time, the weak link story was built to put him in a title match with Cena, and the accepted story is that he wasn't beating Cena until Cena got hurt.

Cesaro is a former US Champion and won a meaningless midcard battle royal at Wrestlemania. It's going to take a bit more for him, is what I'm saying.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 22, 2014

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The weak link story was actually part of the build to the Shield's first ever defeat as a team, and it was loving sensational :allears:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I don't really like my heroes to act like delusional idiots so I found the "I'm not the weakest link you all think I'm weak" act very grating.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Daniel Bryan posted:

To be fair, by the point of the weak link story, Daniel Bryan was a former world champion, us champion, and tag team champion, had gone toe to toe with long reigning WWE champion CM Punk in three great matches, the weak link story was built to put him in a title match with Cena, and the accepted story is that he wasn't beating Cena until Cena got hurt.

Cesaro is a former US Champion and won a meaningless midcard battle royal at Wrestlemania. It's going to take a bit more for him, is what I'm saying.

I don't think it would take much at all. All they have to do is treat him like a big deal, let him have some important matches and wins, and it would be fine.

In hindsight it's easy to say that Bryan's weak link stuff was to eventually push him to that title match but back then it wasn't clear at all it would lead there. That sort of joke treatment doesn't always pan out that way. Remember he also had lost at WM in 18 seconds at one point too. And whether Cena was hurt or not it doesn't matter a win over him is a big deal.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

it's cool as hell when trains run into things though

This guy gets it, see

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Remembering wrestling history can be hard sometimes. Especially modern and recent history. There's so much programming and angles and what have you that after a while a lot of stuff in the past couple years starts to blend together in my mind and I can't remember whether things happened weeks or months apart. I don't watch Raw weekly but try to follow it and man it's difficult to remember all this stuff.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Sydney Bottocks posted:

This is purely wild speculation here, but: Dunn is probably working double overtime to convince Vince that HHH's ideas are terrible and that he has signed some terrible wrestlers since taking over Talent Relations, and that Vince should definitely not turn over control of WWE to HHH when he finally leaves (because HHH makes bad decisions and signs terrible wrestlers). :v:

The funniest and most deserving part is, THIS IS ENTIRELY SELF-INFLICTED. It's pretty much agreed that Dunn and his crew are very good at their (video production) jobs, to the point where in a vacuum, Dunn doesn't need the whole 'job for life because dad saved tapes from flaming car', he should be able to keep it through the general quality of his work. But the little poo poo learned all the wrong lessons from his bullying and immediately began abusing his power and being an unpleasant little poo poo to everyone (seriously, how bad do you have to be to make William "Paul Bearer" Moody dislike you?), and at long last karma is knocking on his door.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Holy poo poo WWE, let me give you the simple recipe for instant Cesaro heat: have him use the swing and the mother loving UFO and people will love him yet again

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Professor Funk posted:

Roman Reigns' move set is about as versatile as a train's.

Such a problem in World Wrestling Entertainment.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

Roman Reigns' move set is about as versatile as a train's.

And he's about as interesting to listen to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I Before E posted:

And he's about as interesting to listen to.

He'll never be able to impersonate an alcoholic or master the squisher so I don't know why they're pushing him.

• Locked thread