Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Daniel Bryan posted:

I thought this was pretty interesting. Chris Harrington (mookieghana) had a look at the first 100 televised matches of those on the WWE roster that have had one, just to see what they were doing at the time. Here's the list:

How is Goldust not on the list? Did I miss him or some reason he shouldn't be on there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archbishop Karaoke
May 10, 2006

Tyson Tomko posted:

How is Goldust not on the list? Did I miss him or some reason he shouldn't be on there?

Under Dustin Rhodes.

I'm surprised that Lesnar hadn't had a 100th televised match and that Nash's was only just during that horrible late 2011 run.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Daniel Bryan posted:

I thought this was pretty interesting. Chris Harrington (mookieghana) had a look at the first 100 televised matches of those on the WWE roster that have had one, just to see what they were doing at the time. Here's the list:

I don't think I understand this list. AJ Lee's first televised match was in 2014?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

1/13/08: Jim Duggan & Super Crazy defeat The Highlanders (Robbie & Rory) [HEAT] 

yikes

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Sockser posted:

I don't think I understand this list. AJ Lee's first televised match was in 2014?

It's everyone's 100th televised match. I was confused too.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sockser posted:

No that was her hundredth

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sockser posted:

It's the hundredth televised match for wrestlers who have had at least a hundred televised matches.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

Randy Orton got pulled over for tinted windows today by the FHP :laffo:
If that was Emma she'd be on the corporate jet to Gitmo.

At first I thought this picture was Tyler Breeze.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

cronox2 posted:

So no screenshots or footage still.

Here's hoping they let Ric Flair on another videogame panel and put Michael Cole or JBL as the host who is inevitably fired.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Archbishop Karaoke posted:

Under Dustin Rhodes.

I'm surprised that Lesnar hadn't had a 100th televised match and that Nash's was only just during that horrible late 2011 run.

Damnit I blame Dvon for clouding my vision because I thought I had looked under the all of the Ds.

I miss Super Crazy and the Mexicools. Sure they were sterotyping x10, but they were also fun x10. I wonder if Psychosis is still in jail, also wonder same thing about Juvi even though I haven't heard anything about jail time but he's still Juvi.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Tato posted:

Here's hoping they let Ric Flair on another videogame panel and put Michael Cole or JBL as the host who is inevitably fired.

It's kind of funny that a year after the last WWE game panel debacle, JR is fired and Flair is employed.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

What did Psicosis do to get thrown in jail?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Tyson Tomko posted:

Damnit I blame Dvon for clouding my vision because I thought I had looked under the all of the Ds.

I miss Super Crazy and the Mexicools. Sure they were sterotyping x10, but they were also fun x10. I wonder if Psychosis is still in jail, also wonder same thing about Juvi even though I haven't heard anything about jail time but he's still Juvi.
Psicosis has been back in Mexico for a while and thanks to some recent rule changes, he's been able to remask under his original gimmick again.

Luigi Thirty posted:

What did Psicosis do to get thrown in jail?
From Wikipedia:

quote:

Castellanos was arrested on October 9, 2006, the night after he allegedly stole a car from 23 year old Alexander Valencia Ramirez of Playas de Rosarito, Baja California, reports Mexican newspaper El Mexicano.[42] He asked to borrow Ramirez' car, Ramirez refused, leading Torres to pull out a gun on him and stealing it.[42] During a chase with police, Castellanos hit several cars.[42] After catching him, police found out that the gun that he had used earlier in the night was actually just a water gun.[42]

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

If WWE doesn't put this stuff on the Network they have literal poo poo for brains, which I think is probably the case anyway since they don't mention it here in the press release.

The only thing that could make me pull the trigger and buy the network would be a half-hour or longer weekly show with guys like Zeb/Dutch and Farooq just telling awesome crazy road stories week after week. The craziness that must have gone on back then would be amazing to bask in.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Everblight posted:

The only thing that could make me pull the trigger and buy the network would be a half-hour or longer weekly show with guys like Zeb/Dutch and Farooq just telling awesome crazy road stories week after week. The craziness that must have gone on back then would be amazing to bask in.

"come listen to all the felonies committed that are now past statue of limitations!"

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Zyla posted:

"come listen to all the felonies committed that are now past statue of limitations!"
I mean, yes?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Everblight posted:

I mean, yes?

I'm so in!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

If Bo had won the battle royal instead of Miz, in exactly the same circumstances, I'd be all loving over it.

The Miz, though ...

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

the ic title is cursed anyway

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Some Other Guy posted:

the ic title is cursed anyway

i thought wade's promo was about the ic title last night.

first it's cool then :smith:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Zyla posted:

New Jack's shoot interview, now available from RF Video!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Stardust's promo owned

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Haters vacate, I'm on the Roman Reigns Pain Train. :colbert:

Trains, of course need to be guided by experienced professionals and even then they are extremely limited in what they can and can't do.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Sockser posted:

If Bo had won the battle royal instead of Miz, in exactly the same circumstances, I'd be all loving over it.

The Miz, though ...

I agree. I am surprised Bo was even in the battle royal when they could have given him a squash match against somebody on the preshow.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Daniel Bryan posted:

I feel like this is missing a ton of people. Hogan never had 100 TV matches in WWE?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Trains, of course need to be guided by experienced professionals and even then they are extremely limited in what they can and can't do.

Roman Reigns' move set is about as versatile as a train's.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it's cool as hell when trains run into things though

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Roman Trains

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Roman's new conductor gimmick is going to be awesome

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Just wondering this from last night during the SummerSlam advert, this guy:

Last night I thought this was Sheamus showing up for a split second, but it's either Cesaro or Sami Zayn right?

Actually I would be super happy if Sami Zayn's debut match in the WWE was him against Cesaro at SummerSlam.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

New WWE champion Sir Topham Hatt

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Last night I thought this was Sheamus showing up for a split second, but it's either Cesaro or Sami Zayn right?

Actually I would be super happy if Sami Zayn's debut match in the WWE was him against Cesaro at SummerSlam.

It's Cesaro doing that neck cracking thing he does before the neutralizer.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Probably Cesaro due to the head twisting being a thing he does.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Trains, of course need to be guided by experienced professionals

Assess

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

and even then they are extremely limited in what they can and can't do.

Attack

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Professor Funk posted:

Roman Reigns' move set is about as versatile as a train's.

The Derailer was a cool finisher, don't disrespect A-Train.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

waffle iron posted:

At first I thought this picture was Tyler Breeze.

I'm not a genius but the internet is slowly starting to convince me that I am some kind of facial recognition superstar.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

that's Cesaro.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that's Cesaro, you can tell by the hairline

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Alouicious posted:

that's Cesaro, you can tell by the hairline

or lack there-of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight