Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
My favourite worked injury was the one where Cena ran out of the ring up the ramp and pretended to roll his ankle or something. It was subtle and they didn't hit you over the head with it, it was awesome

Does anyone remember what I'm talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

GB888 posted:

It makes sense when you consider that he keeps feces in the rafters.

Cena bought his house from Real Estate Steve?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Mike Johnson on his audio said Seth was 100% fine.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So now you know at some point he really is going to get hurt in-ring, none of us will believe it, and we'll wake up to the news of him being out a full year.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I was listening to the podcast while sleep deprived, but Alvarez did give the 200k figure and Meltzer didn't contradict but i think it may have been 200k for multiple ads.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Auron posted:

There is no doubt that the storyline is stupid, but Paige is not a good talker in the least. She's had plenty of opportunities to speak, and nothing, from her mannerisms to her emotions, comes across organic. Even the whole scream-o thing is cringe inducing.

My issue with Paige is that she clearly is way happy to be in WWE and it shows. It's hard to sell "intensity" when you look nervous and delighted.

It's the same issue I have when going back to watch Gangrel stuff. It's cool when your spooky Lost Boys vampire dude emerges from a ring of fire but it loses its spark wjen you realize he's grinning like a six year old at christmas.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Paige's mic work is totally fine in terms of the divas. None of them are any good, but she's not embarrassing like Cameron, Eva Marie, or the Bellas. The only way to get better is practice.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I don't think Roman Reigns is a very good wrestler. But if I wanted to save the WWE i'd put the belt on him. The look is all that matters in garnering mainstream attention. You get him on the late night talk shows and show him doing a few superman punches and they will make new fans.

John Cena is great but his look is tacky and outdated, you can't get new fans with a guy like him doing public appearances.

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".
Watching RAW and Miz's current gimmick reminds me a lot of Cody Rhodes' Dashing persona. Of course, Rhodes did it better and it makes me wish "Undashing" Cody was still around. But if that happened, Stardust wouldn't be around. Sooooooo....

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don't think Roman Reigns is a very good wrestler.

Ah yes, all those greats Roman Reigns singles matches such as

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

GB888 posted:

Watching RAW and Miz's current gimmick reminds me a lot of Cody Rhodes' Dashing persona. Of course, Rhodes did it better and it makes me wish "Undashing" Cody was still around. But if that happened, Stardust wouldn't be around. Sooooooo....

Cody's worked up an impressive gimmick list over the years, and done well with just about all of them.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I never get tired of Goldust pulling a Kermit the Frog face whenever Stardust gets *really* weird

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
That's it. I refuse to believe Rollins is injured anymore, unless he Joey Mercury'es himself, or there's bone sticking out. And even then I'll be doubtful.

-

Barring that, gently caress it, just have Mark Henry dye half his hair and impersonate Rollins. You gonna be the one to tell him he's not who he claims to be? Didn't think so.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Paulocaust posted:

Ah yes, all those greats Roman Reigns singles matches such as

Did you actually read what you were quoting here or did you just default into shitposting mode

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Writer Cath posted:

That's it. I refuse to believe Rollins is injured anymore, unless he Joey Mercury'es himself, or there's bone sticking out. And even then I'll be doubtful.

-

Barring that, gently caress it, just have Mark Henry dye half his hair and impersonate Rollins. You gonna be the one to tell him he's not who he claims to be? Didn't think so.

Just have Henry dress and act like Vince McMahon, then.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Did you actually read what you were quoting here or did you just default into shitposting mode

The latter obviously.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

GB888 posted:

At least Cody has a different gimmick and is on the main roster:

Poor Tyler. As if the career threatening finger injury wasn't enough.

rovert fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jul 15, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I question Tyler Breeze's main roster prospects. Adam Rose?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Tyler Breeze can be an amazing midcard act if they let him do his thing.

He can even transition it to be more serious down the line, to me he really is the standout of NXT.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Daniel Bryan posted:

I question Tyler Breeze's main roster prospects. Adam Rose?

Hope he gets repackaged as a South African hunter.

rovert fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jul 15, 2014

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

last week there was a big discussion about how wwe holds down the black man but now that a black man has been put over everyone's favorite aryan superstar all you hear are complaints!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Just give him a mask and a quest to destroy the ugly. Less Cody though, more Vega from Street Fighter

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
$200K is nothing to 2K by the way. That's only 3,500 copies of the game which is nothing in the video game world.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Some Other Guy posted:

last week there was a big discussion about how wwe holds down the black man but now that a black man has been put over everyone's favorite aryan superstar all you hear are complaints!

I know you aren't being serious, but I think part of the reason people get annoyed over a sudden push over Cesaro or something like that is because it makes no sense. Weird, whiplash booking. Jobber for life one day, beating the Andre the Giant champ the next. There is no logical reason for the push. They don't give them any rhyme, reason or build.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!

Writer Cath posted:

This was the storyline I didn't know I wanted. I would watch the hell out of this.

Henry/Rollins: Hey. I'm ready to cash in my Money in the Bank now.
Triple H: Uh... Mark what're you doing?
Henry/Rollins: I'm Seth Rollins. You got a problem with that?
Triple H: :stare: ... Nope.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

triplexpac posted:

My favourite worked injury was the one where Cena ran out of the ring up the ramp and pretended to roll his ankle or something. It was subtle and they didn't hit you over the head with it, it was awesome

Does anyone remember what I'm talking about?

I do vaguely remember that, it was so fast that a lot of people questioned if it was legit

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Maybe between Ziggler and Miz and Fandango, Breeze is just barking up the wrong tree with another conceited prettyboy gimmick? Not saying it's his fault, but it's the wrong time for more of that.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

ScottyBomb posted:

This was the storyline I didn't know I wanted. I would watch the hell out of this.

Henry/Rollins: Hey. I'm ready to cash in my Money in the Bank now.
Triple H: Uh... Mark what're you doing?
Henry/Rollins: I'm Seth Rollins. You got a problem with that?
Triple H: :stare: ... Nope.

I'm for this if he is in fact referred to as Henry Rollins

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
I have no sympathy for WWE really. They made their midcard titles meaningless because they have preconditioned people for years to think they are meaningless. They have the best talent in years yet people don't give a poo poo about them because 'wins and losses don't matter'. They have been handed gold and somehow turned it to poo poo so many times I fear dudes like Kenta coming in because I have zero hope they will make anything of him like the many others that have come before. What I can't get over is that they don't even have the constraints of the competition such as UFC since it's all predetermined from start to finish. WWE can do anything with its talent and THIS is the best they can come up with?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Cardboard Box posted:

I do vaguely remember that, it was so fast that a lot of people questioned if it was legit

Here's the thing I was talking about : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSCfLjskNog

I'm fairly sure it was a storyline thing but.. maybe it was legit? I don't even know anymore

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1415849-john-cena-to-receive-mri-on-knee-after-monday-night-raw-injury

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Tyler Breeze can be an amazing midcard act if they let him do his thing.

He can even transition it to be more serious down the line, to me he really is the standout of NXT.

I think the problem is that they keep making this character and it's not really catching on. His character has some interesting aspects to it, but essentially it's not very different from Miz or Ziggler. The 'Rick Rude' archetype is a good one but how many Rick Rudes can exist on the same roster, competing in the same matches against the same opponents over the same title?

E: I just noticed Why Cookie Rocket said almost the same thing.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

I have no sympathy for WWE really. They made their midcard titles meaningless because they have preconditioned people for years to think they are meaningless. They have the best talent in years yet people don't give a poo poo about them because 'wins and losses don't matter'. They have been handed gold and somehow turned it to poo poo so many times I fear dudes like Kenta coming in because I have zero hope they will make anything of him like the many others that have come before. What I can't get over is that they don't even have the constraints of the competition such as UFC since it's all predetermined from start to finish. WWE can do anything with its talent and THIS is the best they can come up with?

Pretty much my thoughts here as well. I don't watch WWE anymore but I like to keep up with things via the thread and a few sites here and there, and it sounds like everything has been just hot garbage since WM. Perhaps things will get better once Vince is finally gone (and Dunn is gone right with him), but who knows when that's gonna be.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think the problem is that they keep making this character and it's not really catching on. His character has some interesting aspects to it, but essentially it's not very different from Miz or Ziggler. The 'Rick Rude' archetype is a good one but how many Rick Rudes can exist on the same roster, competing in the same matches against the same opponents over the same title?

If they go all-in with Breeze being the male model with his iPhone camera and all that, he's very much different than Miz & Ziggler.

Well, less different than Miz since they ripped off Breeze's gimmick on Monday. But still.

By the time Breeze comes up Miz will probably be a horrible babyface again and there will be room for another narcissist heel.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Seth's selling is so good he faked out the cameramen. That's pretty amazing.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Daniel Bryan posted:

$200K is nothing to 2K by the way. That's only 3,500 copies of the game which is nothing in the video game world.

This is not how this works. Some top games have to sell an ungodly amount of copies to break even. When you factor in development, marketing, royalties, etc, they have to sell exponentially more than 3500 to make that money back.

Also there's no way that commercial cost anywhere even close to 200k. If it did, someone needs to be fired.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

triplexpac posted:

Here's the thing I was talking about : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSCfLjskNog

I'm fairly sure it was a storyline thing but.. maybe it was legit? I don't even know anymore

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1415849-john-cena-to-receive-mri-on-knee-after-monday-night-raw-injury

They worked it into the angle pretty seamlessly IIRC. Also, it makes sense that they would want Cena to have a worked injury to justify his loss to Ziggler on PPV.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
Great news for Zack Ryder!

He started a blog: http://zryder85.wordpress.com

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

at least tensai got no less than two name drops last night

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I owe my girlfriend a dollar because Ric Flair didn't end up crying last night. I really thought he was going to when Cena gave him the belt, dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I should of known Cesaro was doomed when they stopped letting him swing people. :(

• Locked thread