Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

All of my favorite wrestlers are injured or have become jobbers.

Save us, Sami Zayn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Scott Steiner had a workout video apparently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsiArIagVO0

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

:hellyeah::hf::wcw:

I'm sure the money and the prestige of the match would be all the motivation Sting needs to get into the best shape he possibly can.

If Goldust can do hurricanranas in the year of our lord 2014, I'm sure Sting will take his shirt off before getting in the pool.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Sex Robot posted:

And Adam Rose.

Come on Adrian... :smith:

Adam Rose is South African.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

And there's the real big problem: why only push one guy at a time?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I think a good way to get Cesaro over again would be to put someone in a no-hands UFO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5LqiZz24-w

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Delsaber posted:

Rehiring Chris Hero and reforming the Kings wouldn't hurt either. I've never actually seen that swing/dropkick combo before, holy poo poo.. :stare:

That Chris Hero got released and Colt Cabana will never get hired kills me inside, hoping to see Kings of Wrestling vs Colt/Generico in WWE, especially with how close we got.

I think Cesaro and Swagger did the swing into dropkick once.

I can't remember the last time I actually marked out for Cesaro. Probably Wrestlemania :smith:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

http://www.wwe.com/inside/superstars-on-kenta

I know I shouldn't be, but I'm really hopeful for how KENTA will do.

(Vince please die.)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Charlotte/Nattie deserves to be on that list, but probably not as high.

I'd probably move Elimination Chamber to #10 and put Charlotte/Nattie at #9, and everything else just bump up accordingly.

It was surprising more than it was good. If you put two dudes in place of the two girls, it probably wouldn't be a MOTYC, but it is a nice step forward for women in WWE. Shame all the good women's wrestling happens on the C-shows.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

armoredgorilla posted:

To be fair, his half-assed color work involves being screamed at by Vince for 3 hours.

I was watching Raw Rewind on the network the other night and it was some episode from 2002, right after Benoit got back from neck surgery. There's a tag match main event, Benoit + Eddie vs Dudley's. King just says "Latino HEAT!" every twenty loving seconds through the entire goddamned match and after while Eddie's going back up the ramp while JR's trying to do commentary.

"Bubba Ray, completely decim-"
"Latino HEAT!"
"-ated, Spike Dudley sent through a ta-"
"Latino HEAT!"
"-ble right in front of us, just carn-"
"Latino HEAT!"
"-age everywhere!"
"Latino HEAT!"

He's always been poo poo.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Chinook posted:

In the kayfabe part of the 4 man championship match Sunday, doesn't it make sense, that if the DEMON Kane is loyal to the authority, that he could just quickly lay down and let Randy give him a quick 3-count?

Have they ever attempted to insert this angle into a match?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di2DX_3KStQ

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

triplexpac posted:

This is one area where WWE has trouble.

In normal storytelling, or in the territory days, when the babyface finally beats the top heel the heel is then gone for a while. He doesn't just stick around and move onto a lesser feud.

Bray could easily be rehabbed if he just went away for 3 months then came back in a huge way. But when he's around every show and we remember him losing to Cena it doesn't do him any favours.

When he didn't show up on the Raw after the Cena blowoff match (Payback?) and there was that really cool Harper promo talking about how it was their responsibility to spread his message now, I figured that was what was going to happen.

Bray goes away for a while, Harper and Rowan become the new Wyatt family, get to develop more rather than just being 'the other guys in the stable' and maybe at Summerslam Bray comes back during a match of theirs and just lays everyone out for corrupting his message or something like that.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Daniel Bryan posted:

I thought this was pretty interesting. Chris Harrington (mookieghana) had a look at the first 100 televised matches of those on the WWE roster that have had one, just to see what they were doing at the time. Here's the list:

I don't think I understand this list. AJ Lee's first televised match was in 2014?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

If Bo had won the battle royal instead of Miz, in exactly the same circumstances, I'd be all loving over it.

The Miz, though ...

• Locked thread