Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i feel like a solid ending could have given people a better impression of that Raw but the DQ was really awful and then no Dean Ambrose to shift momentum deflated me

and i even like Cena and Reigns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

they ran a preview for battleground after returning from commercial break in the middle of a Miz match

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

can I just say that the network shilling came off as incredibly desperate and pathetic this evening in a way it never has before

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

God Of Paradise posted:

You see Foley at the arts center tonight Oatgan?
I heard about it a week and a half ago when Mick was on the sports animal promoting it and meant to look up tickets but forgot all about it until just now.

fart blood posted:

I've been saying that for weeks. It's beyond redemption.

Michael Cole staring directly at the camera and straight up begging people to subscribe was weird as hell. He didn't even rattle off some features he was just like "Please sign up for the wwe network"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i don't think they wrote off big gold when Cena gave it to Flair those two just respect each other and Cena did it of his own volition. It's like when he gave Flair his Superstar of the Year slammy award because Flair had earned it or w/e.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sunsweet posted:

It was almost hard to boo Miz for that one. The guy is a really natural, really fun heel, and I just love heel tactics like that. I do feel bad for anyone with a poor view of the ring, though. I hope they liked staring at Miz's face the whole time.

How did the Eva Marie vs. AJ Lee match come across on television? From where I was sitting, it seemed pretty heatless.

Crowd was dead, match was bad. Nikki actually did get some face pops though

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

All of Paige's promos on the main roster she's looked nervous and uncomfortable. They could definitely have something with her and she's still incredibly young.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Reid Flair got a ring before Macho Man smdh

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Tezzor posted:

Superman vs. Doomsday. Superman barely survives the fight, goes on record saying he is afraid of Doomsday. Next week's issue he is saying Doomsday is a scrub idiot who look like the Hulk with warts. Next week's issue he is afraid again because he's going to lose everything. Next week's issue he is photoshopping butts onto Doomsday's head and loling.

This is a bad comparison because John Cena is better than Superman in every conceivable way

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

remember when they replaced Taker's theme with a Katy Perry song

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The Landstander posted:

I'll always wonder if Cesaro would've been the post-Kane feud for Bryan in a non-injured universe. That would've worked on a few levels.

But yeah, either they didn't have a Plan B or there wasn't a Plan A to begin with.

who needs that poo poo when you've got plan C

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HulkaMatt posted:

"I would pay money to see Kenta vs. Big Show." I want to see KENTA slap big show across the face.

I don't think he could reach

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

My brain can't even parse this why would Cena be taking days off
Selling a beating from Lesnar is the only conceivable reason I can see him getting pulled

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Shine posted:

I wish every time I posted two things, somebody would post a video which perfectly combines those two things.

I hope you start posting about monster trucks

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

they aren't going to change anything with Rusev and he'll probably be pushed harder as a heel

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Ragnarok the Red posted:

A Malaysian airliner just got shot down over Ukraine, 255 dead with Ukraine & Russia pointing fingers at each other. Now people are wondering if Swagger will go over at Battleground and Rusev gets the Hassan treatment.
Wrestling Matters

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Deadpool posted:

Christ, Flair sure did a job on his eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0xXe6rtlds

why is everybody getting eye injuries this year

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Deadpool posted:

I guess Flair just got carried away or something.

Here's the video of it happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upOhJ6mVkFo

it shouldn't have happened in the first place, but it's a shame it couldn't have happened on PPV because that's an awesome visual all things considered

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

omgomgomg posted:

Bray looks so much creepier now. I hope Flair busts his other eye

we've got this jack swagger

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

This was posted on today's Cageside Seats' Rumor Roundup, which normally pulls from the Observer, PWInsider, etc. Is there actually any legitimacy to this? Or just ~WrassleNewz~ bullshit?

Here is everything on Sting from this week's Observer:

quote:

The Sting orchestra commercial for the WWE 2K 15 video game aired on the 7/14 Raw show. They left the crowd mic’d during the commercial, expecting a big pop, particularly since Richmond is kind of considered more WCW country, although the heyday of Richmond as a major wrestling market was before Sting was a top star. The crowd popped big, but then booed when they realized it was a video game commercial and not a vignette for Sting coming to WWE. WWE also started selling Sting merchandise that night which made people think a deal has been done. We’re told there is no deal at this point, not that there won’t be because everyone has gone with the idea that it will eventually get done. The Sting marks for the characters they are merchandising was considered intellectual property of WCW, which WWF purchased in 2001, thus WWE believes they have the rights to merchandise it. The sides are still working toward a deal and given that HHH on his weekly interview with Michael Cole talked about the subject and strongly hinted Sting would be coming in says he has to belief the deal is happening. The playable characters are billed as two generations of Sting. They pushed the late 90s Sting in the commercial but the late 80s and early 90s Sting will also be a different character in the game. We were told the entire vignette came in at around a $200,000 cost. Sting himself did an interview with The Daily Mirror stating he’d like to do one last match at WrestleMania 31, and his goal would be with Undertaker. “Why now? It’s a now or never thing,” he said. “I’ve done so many things in the wrestling business, but the one thing I’d never done was wrestle or be a part of the WWE family. I didn’t want to hang it up and retire, and disappear again without having done that in some capacity.

I’ve made it clear I’d love to have one last hurrah, one last big match hopefully. And of course, I’ve been outspoken about Undertaker being the opponent.” “I think, or at least I’m hoping, that Taker’s still going to come back and that he’s not done. If he’s not done, and he would consider doing it, I’d love to work with him one time. I’d love to wrestle him one time before I call it quits.” He said he always wanted to work with Rock, Cena and Orton as well. Years back, Sting was a guy Rock had talked about coming out of retirement to face, but that was roughly a decade back. Sting said that he’s never personally met Vince McMahon. Sting didn’t make the searching trends on Monday, nor did anything from Raw, and that when down to 20,000 that night.

i would be willing to bet a lot of money it happens given that WWE seems to think it is, and Sting is talking openly about wanting to do it, they just have to put ink to paper

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sanguinia posted:

Really it'd make more sense for Sting to team with Undertaker against Lesnar and somebody to eat Lesnar's pin when Lesnar betrays him by leaving the match out of furstration when he can't beat either man.

Sting and Taker can both end their careers on a high note for the fans, Lesnar is protected, the guy getting pinned is protected, and an up-and-comer gets an opportunity to help Brock make two legends look incredible on pure technical skill and then feud with Lesnar.

that sounds like an loving terrible finish to a wrestlemania money match

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I remember watching this spot live and laughing my rear end off pretty much until the finish

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

what will you guys do when cena goes over brock at ss

i'm gonna lol

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NienNunb posted:

I wanna angrily unsubscribe from the WWE Network but I never subscribed to it in the first place thread what should I do?

print off a screencap of the wwe.com homepage and set it on fire in the middle of a 12 minute rant on youtube

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Pariah Rex posted:

please tell me this is a real video.

I hope it is someday but sadly no i just made that up

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Amy Renee posted:

No, cause you can't cancel it, you're locked in for six months. You can choose not to renew it, though. Which I chose to do because it isn't just that this was a bad PPV, it's that this PPV was indicative of the quality of the product in recent months, and whether it's $50 a month or $10 a month, I don't feel that it's worth it anymore. I really don't understand the rhetoric that not wanting to pay for a product that disappoints you is somehow "extreme".

nah you can delete your payment information or remove your credit card from paypal and they "suspend" your account

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

He's a bad poster. He doesn't get the point and he won't. It's best to move on.
you're reassuring the wrong guy but we're getting away from the core issue here and that's that the show was actually okay and had some good matches/spots/segments but ultimately i'll probably forget it even happened in a couple weeks

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Zyla posted:

tag

then gtfo

the battle royal was good

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Envisioned posted:

So did I miss a segment, or was there no storyline reason for Seth leaving early? Like, they go on and on about how he's plan B, and Cena is in a match with 3 other fierce dudes. Ambrose was finally presumed gone, then Seth just leaves during what would be his first clear shot at a cash-in since he won?

What?

he was ambushed by Dean Ambrose and thought better of sticking around the arena which Dean proved he could break his way into

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Rodney the Piper posted:

Future endeavored next Tuesday.

Rehired next wednesday

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Randy Orton's finisher is a reference to a movie studio that was dissolved in 1957. This isn't really an issue.

actually it's a modified ace crusher that he calls the Randy Knock Out

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

here comes the PAIN?!?

i really like that brock is just a socially awkward misanthrope that doesn't know how to interact with the world at large

odd he isn't universally loved around here

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

1/13/08: Jim Duggan & Super Crazy defeat The Highlanders (Robbie & Rory) [HEAT] 

yikes

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sockser posted:

I don't think I understand this list. AJ Lee's first televised match was in 2014?

No that was her hundredth

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it's cool as hell when trains run into things though

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

all they have to do is treat him like a big deal again/ever. Crowds usually pick up on who they should care about if you book them sensibly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I don't really like my heroes to act like delusional idiots so I found the "I'm not the weakest link you all think I'm weak" act very grating.

• Locked thread