Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sunsweet posted:

How did the Eva Marie vs. AJ Lee match come across on television? From where I was sitting, it seemed pretty heatless.

Yeah I was kind of sad that AJ was clearly working hard but the crowd wasn't buying it. What did the 'frenemy' angle at the announce table look like from your POV without being able to hear much of it, presumably?

Also why didn't you help Dean Ambrose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Professor Funk posted:

Well, they probably also had to pay a couple grand or so for each of the orchestra members, so that likely drove the cost up a bit.

Not to $200K. It's just not possible unless there's a much much longer extended cut that they'll use for something else. I don't think they'd have paid nearly that much for each of the orchestra people either.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Was the double in the video? Maybe I just missed him but if he wasn't used then it's highly likely they've shot more and can use that for promos and stuff, maybe in-game vids for 2K15. Kind of like that one shoot they did way back in the Attitude Era with all the wrestlers in a factory walking through fire and stuff.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Tyler Breeze can be an amazing midcard act if they let him do his thing.

He can even transition it to be more serious down the line, to me he really is the standout of NXT.

I think the problem is that they keep making this character and it's not really catching on. His character has some interesting aspects to it, but essentially it's not very different from Miz or Ziggler. The 'Rick Rude' archetype is a good one but how many Rick Rudes can exist on the same roster, competing in the same matches against the same opponents over the same title?

E: I just noticed Why Cookie Rocket said almost the same thing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

It's only a brief mention, but there's something kinda wonderful to me about Werner Herzog recommending his academic friends watch Wrestlemania.

This and Anthony Bourdain cheering on the Usos has made my whole week. Thanks!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

The Man Called Sting is the best Sting theme, and was used by the best Sting. Also I feel the need to plug noted GOAT theme Steinerized as another classic WCW hit.

All good themes but nowhere in the same league as American Males (American Males).

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

Ultimo Dragon's theme sounds like someone hit the Oriental preset on a Casio keyboard and stuck a tape player to the speaker.

every_asian_wrestler_in_the US.wav

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

Dang it didn't take long for WM30 to become meaningless to PSP

It's a shame but goddamn there have been so many hours of wrestling since then that Mania feels like it was a decade ago.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That's how he's described by Court Bauer and Alex Greenfield whenever I've heard them talk about the subject, and it's hard to argue with when you see the gargantuan number of wrestlers they've started to push and then went cold on.

e: I haven't heard the podcast but it's hard to imagine him feeling this way about the Network though. So much of their current and future business relies on it that I can't see him just losing interest.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

I don't think he could reach

Obviously it's a ladder match.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Red posted:

They couldn't afford to pay Sting to walk around, so... body double?

Also wasn't he wearing the coat? Why would that necessitate a huge bodybuilder? You could put Stephanie in a long leather coat and shoot around it easily.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If anyone's beating Brock it's Reigns.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

LightsGameraAction posted:

I forget was Steiner's feud with Test before or after this? The one where Test was heel because he was beating Stacey Kiebler, and Steiner was face because he was only sexually harassing her.

Pretty sure it was after -- they brought him in hot with that feud with Trips and then busted him down to that hosed-up angle IIRC.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

Albert is really cool, but people thought they were clever chanting "Allllberrrrttt" at him when he came back, so welp.

These fans were and are lovely, but in this particular case WWE was asking for it with that ridiculous debut and gimmick.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

As lovely as he is when he's just phoning it in on Raw, King is still a solid promo

"Maybe YOU should leave!"

*waits for applause*

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

If only KO and TKO were phrases commonly used in combat sports...

Please don't make fun. It's the same as second-rate WWE knockoff TNA naming their arena after the studio that makes the lovely knockoffs of blockbuster films.

Makes you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If WWE doesn't put this stuff on the Network they have literal poo poo for brains, which I think is probably the case anyway since they don't mention it here in the press release.

quote:

WWE announced today that the first-ever SummerSlam Panels will take place at Club Nokia in Los Angeles from Friday, August 15 through Sunday, August 17 as part of SummerSlam weekend. Tickets for the all-access fan discussions go on sale this Saturday, July 26 at 10 AM PT through AXS.com.

The panels give the WWE Universe the opportunity to ask questions directly to their favorite WWE Superstars and Hall of Famers including:

Hulk Hogan on Friday, August 15 at 7 PM. The WWE Hall of Famer and pop-culture icon will talk about his legendary career in and out of the ring, as well as his recent return to WWE.

WWE 2K15 Roster Reveal hosted by Stone Cold Steve Austin featuring John Cena, Hulk Hogan, Roman Reigns™, Sheamus® and Cesaro™ on Saturday, August 16 at 10 AM. In addition to speaking about their respective WWE careers, the panelists will reveal the official roster for 2K’s upcoming WWE 2K15 video game, which is available October 28.

D-Generation X, featuring Triple H® and Shawn Michaels® on Saturday, August 16 at 7 PM. One of the most popular and controversial groups in WWE history will address their rebellious exploits and discuss their lasting legacy.

Stone Cold Steve Austin on Sunday, August 17 at 12 Noon. The WWE Hall of Famer will discuss his monumental rise to become one of the biggest stars in WWE history.

Each panel will feature a two hour discussion and Q&A with fans in attendance. VIP experiences will follow. Ticket prices per panel are $50 for lower balcony seating; $100 for floor seating, which includes an exclusive SummerSlam Panels collectible pre-signed poster; and $200 for a VIP experience, which includes priority floor seating, a professional photo with select panel Superstars and an exclusive SummerSlam Panels collectible pre-signed poster. For more information on the SummerSlam Panels, please visit https://www.summerslam.com.

• Locked thread